Error running ASP.NET 1.1 application under the subfolder or ASP.NET 2.0 application

Hi,

I have created a main ASP.NET 2.0 application. Under this application folder I have created ASP.Net 1.1 appplications in the subfolders.

My goal isto run the ASP.Net 2.0 apps with new menu control and on clicking individual menu I am trying redirect to different ASP.NET 1.1 apps.

But while doing this I am getting  Could not load type error from the pages of ASP.NET 1.1 apps.

Can any body help?

prabalmukh

It seems your 1.1 app is not isolated enough. I am not sure how exactly did you structure pages and how do you make them run on different version of ASP.NET, but it looks like ASP.NET 1.1 code is trying to load 2.0 assemblies or types which won't work.

Is there is a particular reason you want mixed version development?

Mikhail
6/7/2006 5:29:36 PM

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

I have created ASP.NET 2.0 app first. Then Under the subdirectory I have created individual 1.1 apps. And from IIS too I pointed to ASP.NET 1.1 apps to the version 1.1. Thats all I did for isolation.

In my organization we have lot of apps running in 1.1. We are trying to move the security and menu part in ASP.NET 2.0. But we can't afford to migrate all the apps at the same time. I have created the menu and in the same page I placed an iframe. And on click of menus I am trying to load different ASP.NET 1.1 apps in that frame.

thanks

0
prabalmukh
6/7/2006 6:00:26 PM
I guess you want to look at pages that throw the error and see of they might be trying to load 2.0 types

Mikhail
6/8/2006 3:14:30 PM

Exactly it is doing that. How to overcome that?

Can you please tell me that this structuring is possible at all?

thanks for you help

0
prabalmukh

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

What are the advantages of migrating applications written in .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0?
Hello,Can someone tell me the advantages of migrating my current aplication which has been developed in ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0? I have read and implemented some of the technical advantages that come with ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0. But how do I convince our customer that we should upgrade the existing application in production for a couple of years now to .NET 2.0... like the performance benefits we gain by doing that? Read that .NET 2.0 is a lot (around 40%) faster than .NET 1.1 and has all those performance enhancing features like the precompilation, enhanced data caching... in addition ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

Can we run a .NET v1.1 application on a machine w/ .NET 2.0 framework?
Hi, We have a pretty sizeable ASP.NET application that we use to run the company. It's written in .net v1.1 and it's currently hosted by a Windows 2000 Server w/ .net framework v1.1. We are now upgrading our network, servers, etc. We will move the app to a Windows 2003 machine w/ .net framework v2.0. Should we expect any problems?Thanks,Sam The Framework versions will install side-by-side instead of one overwriting the other, so you should have no problems.   NC...   I believe that there will be an asp.net tab in the properties of an IIS application where you can pic...

Problem running 1.1 .net application 2.0 server
When our development server failed(1.1) the IT dept built a new one with Windows Server Standard R2 and ver 2.0 of the .net framework.  After deploying our application, which was running fine on the previous Windows Enterprise Edition server, to the development server we receive a 404 page not found error.   I've selected 1.1 under the ASP.net tab of the web sites properties.  I've verified ASP.net is installed and running.  Under Web Service extensions ASP.NET 1.1 and Active Server Pages are both allowed.  There must be something I'm missing...

Web resources about - Error running ASP.NET 1.1 application under the subfolder or ASP.NET 2.0 application - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Capacitive touch demand on the rise for most applications
The proportion of capacitive touch is growing in segments including smartphone, tablet, notebook and all-in-one PC applications, due to reduced ...

Application Security Lacking in Health, Finance Apps
The survey also revealed 82 percent of app users said they would change providers if a similar provider offered a more secure mobile app.