database in database solution

i have a database in the database solution. but i want to add the database from database solution to App_data  folder in solution explorer.

how to do this ?

Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,India

Please Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.
0
Ganesh

i am having visual studio express edition and sql management express.

i have opened solution explorer for a asp.net project. I have the database solution and i have the App_data in the solution Explorer.

I have added a existing sql database in the database solution and wanted the newly added  sql database in the App_data of solution explorer.

How toa achieve this ?

Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,India

Please Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.
0
Ganesh
9/28/2007 7:03:13 AM

What do you mean by Database solution? Are you unable to copy the database into your App_Data folder and then refresh it?

Please explain a little more, if I'm not understanding you correctly.

My Blog
http://Lspence.blogspot.com

(Please MARK this post as ANSWERED, if you find it helpful)
0
lspence

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Oracle database connection using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework
My connection string is in my web config file, generated when I added a sql data source.  I can go under tools and connect to database and compare the connection string there to the one in web config and they are the same but when I try to view my page which contains a gridview I get a database connection error saying  "Keyword not supported: 'unicode'."  When I remove the unicode=true parameter from the connection string then I get an error message about trying to connect to sql server.  Could someone please give me a clue on how to go about solvin...

Visual Studio.Net and Visual Database Tools (SQL Server)
I am using Visual Studio.Net and SQL Server 2000 Developer's Edition. When I open VS.Net and try to use the Visual Database Tools with SQL Server 2000 I don't get all the editing options. I can connect to the database fine, read data from all the databases and tables but I don't have options to create new stored procedures or edit existing ones or edit tables, etc. I figure this is a permissions issue but I haven't been able to get it to work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Jason Jason, What edition of VS are you using?--Brian DesmondWindows Server MVP - Directory Servi...

Cannot connect to Database, see data sources, or see server explorer in Visual Studio Pro 2005' solution explorer as a Non-Admin User
Cannot connect to Database, see data sources, or see server explorer in Visual Studio Pro 2005' solution explorer as a Non-Admin UserEnvironment:Client:       Windows XP SP2, Visual Studio Pro 2005 and SqlSever 2005 Dev edition installed.Server:      Small Business Server 2003 PremiumInstalled the VS2005, and SQL Server 2005 as Domain Power User, and am able to view the data sources and the server explorer.   But when I log in as a regular user belonging to Domain User group, the data explorer and the server explorer window don't appear in the Solutions Explorer, nor does the menu items unde...

i am getting problem when i am connecting to database sql server 2005 from visual studio 2005
 the error is "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"mine is a windows authentication server.  Hi v_badhra,see this article:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;914277 Samu ZhangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the pos...

Building my Own Forum in Visual Studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005 Database Foundations
Hi all hope everyone is ok...Right i am about to embark on a challange greater than i have ever attempted in the past, i'm going to attempt to design build and hopeflly successfully create my own Forum. I was kind of hoping that there would be some help doing this in VB.net out there, but there isn't, and so i am asking if anyone has any suggestions, hints/tips or help they think i might find usefull, before i start getting to far into this project..Thanks for your time and effort, look forward to hearing from you all... RegardsCDG What do you mean there isn't any help for doin...

Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Database, aspnetdb
I have just created the ASPNETDB database with the aspnet_regsql.exe utility in the Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727. I can see the database in SQL Server Management Studio. The database itself has a user XXXXXX\ASPNET. It has "CONNECT SQL" and "VIEW ANY DATABASE" Effective permissions. When I add permissions to the ASPNETDB, I am have 13 ASPNET Database Role objects that can be added to the permission list. Can anyone give me guidance as to what permissions need to be granted to what Database Role / User? Presently the Web Site Administration Tool is unable to...

Database Diagraming for Oracle Databases in Visual Studio 2008?
One of the features I really like is the ability to create a visual database diagram within Visual Studio 2008. I first saw this feature used with SQL Server DB's and immediately thought how handy that would be  for all the stuff I have built using Oracle, but when I connect to my Oracle DB's I notice the folders for Database diagrams is missing. Is there some way to add this functionality back into visual Studio 2008 for use with Oracle Databases? ...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Newbie to Visual Studio 2005
Is there a way to save only the date and not the time with it in an SQL Server 2005 database?  I have a page that allows the user to enter their birth date and save it in our database.  The problem is if the user enters 08/08/1980 the information is saved as "08/08/1980 12:00:00 AM".  The data type for the field is smalldatetime.  Is there anyway to save just the date?  I didn't have a problem with this using Visual Basic 6.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  My code is as follows: 1 Dim dbConnection As New SqlConnection()2 D...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Web resources about - database in database solution - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.