Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed

Hi

I recently made a dll in Visual studio 2005.  I went File\New\Project and under Visual C++ I picked clr for my project type.  When I take the dll to another computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 Installed my application cannot load this dll.  It does load it if I install all the Visual Studio 2005 tools and the Visual Studio 2005 Services pack sP1 Team Suite.  Is there a was to run my dll without haveing to install all these tools on the target machine?  Even intalling the tools was not good enough it only started running after I installed the service pack.

0
DonRobb

.NET Framework (2.0 SP1) must be installed on the computer

gunteman
4/9/2008 9:26:43 PM

Or you can use project type that does not require .NET and CLR (pure native C++ application).

Mikhail
4/9/2008 11:08:09 PM

I tried that  The .NET Framework (2.0 SP1) does not seem to do the trick.  The only thing that seems to work is when I install Visual Studio 2005 and then install Visual Studio Team Suit SP1.  Of course this is not a solution for me.  I can't intall tools on every end product to make it work.  I also cannot just do a native C++ project since I have mixed code in my dll.  I import the system.dll in my code and use objects in namespaces that are listed below.

#using <System.dll>

using namespace System;

using namespace System::Text;

using namespace System::IO;

using namespace System::Net;

using namespace System::Net::Sockets;

using namespace System::Text::RegularExpressions;

Do you know what the Visual Studio Team Suit SP1 is giving me that the .NET Framework (2.0 SP1) is not?

0
DonRobb

What version of the dll are you using? If it is in release mode and run it on that machine, does it have the same issue?

To run this dll correctly, it needs the Visual C++ runtime components on the machine. You can download Visual C++ libraries from http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

For more information about Understanding Dependencies of a Visual C++ Application, see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235265(VS.80).aspx.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Installation of Visual Studio 2005 While Keeping Visual Studio 2003 on the Same Machine
I currently have Visual Studio 2003 installed on my Windows XP Pro laptop.  Is it possible to install Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine and have both of these development environments working correctly on the same machine?  We plan on doing a project migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0 soon and I believe this is necessary in accomplishing this.  Any help you could give would be appreciated.You can't stop entropy so why even try?  VS 2003 and VS 2005 will peacefully coexist on your xp laptopSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group It has been a ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express/Visual Studio 2005 Same Language Support
I know the Visual Studio 2005 is much better than it's Express edition, but can they produce the same results in the end?  By that, I mean that you can use the exact same code in the Express edition and it will build the same as Visual Studio 2005, and the language support is the same (everything bit of code that works on VS 2005 will also work on VS 2005 Express)?VDesign Yes, projects and files are fully interchangeable. Express editions lack some IDE/UI features, but code you write will work everywhere.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

Installing Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 installed
Hello. Is it possible to install Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 already installed ? Can appear conflicts ? Thank's ! Yes you can install and run vs2003 and vs2005 side by side. There is very little or no side effects for running these two applications side by side. If you have any problems one of us here can help you.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com Thank's for your answer. But applications who need .net frameworks, will use .net frameworks 1.1 instead of 2.0 ? If yes, can I modify the settings to use .net frameworks 2.0 ? Thank's again. You can...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Norton Internet Security 2005 interferes with Visual Studio 2005 (it hangs Visual Studio)
I installed Norton Internet Security 2005 on my computer and Visual Studio hung whenever I was trying to edit a file in the integrated editor.  At first I thought it was an issue with AJAX or the Infragistics components, but nothing worked, so I ended up doing a clean re-install of my machine.  I installed everything and again, when I installed Norton Internet Security 2005, Visual Studio 2005 started hanging again.   It only hangs when you try to edit a file (you can still compile and run your application). I then removed Norton Internet Security 2005 and the problem ...

Visual Studio 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 2005
Hi AllWe're using Visual Studio 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 2005 together in our team.  We opened the project using the SourceSafe(LAN) option in the "Open Project" dialogI used to be able to "Check In..." using the Solution Explorere, which had space for me to add comments as i checked individual files in.  My issue is that i've lost that box and now it all just checks in without asking me to add a comment.  Does anyone know how to re-enable this function please?cheersTim if it's not Baroque, don't fix ithttp://blogs.creative-jar.comhttp://silverlight.creative-jar...

Web resources about - Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.