Can not drag and drop controls where I want to.

I am using VS 2005. I try to drag and drop textboxs, buttons, ect it will only let me place them next to each other. It will not let me place them anywhere I want to. Can anybody help.

0
tf1016

Yes, go to Tools -> Options (Select 'Show all settings'), 'HTML Designer -> CSS Positioning, and make sure the 1st checkbox is checked: 'Change positioning to the following for controls...' and make sure 'Absolutely positioned' is selected from the dropdown.

Thank you,

0
atconway
1/4/2008 10:20:41 PM

Thank you so much.

0
tf1016

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

I have recently installed Visual Studio.net 2005 on a pc and have been using it to create a .net 2.0 application. I also have pc running Visual Studio 2003 that I use to support a .net 1.1 application. This pc has broke. Would I be ok loading Visual Studio 2003 on the machine I have running Visual Studio 2005 so I can manage both the .net 1.1 and the .net 2.0 applications?               Thanks Danny Hmmm. Not sure if it works in that direction, but I installed VS2005 on a machine that has VS2003 already installed and they seem to play well together.... Cheers,Owen...

Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed
Hi I recently made a dll in Visual studio 2005.  I went File\New\Project and under Visual C++ I picked clr for my project type.  When I take the dll to another computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 Installed my application cannot load this dll.  It does load it if I install all the Visual Studio 2005 tools and the Visual Studio 2005 Services pack sP1 Team Suite.  Is there a was to run my dll without haveing to install all these tools on the target machine?  Even intalling the tools was not good enough it only started running after I installed the serv...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

How do people know they can drag and drop a drag and drop control?
Hi,My question is one of design and usage.  I created a drag an droppable "page menu" for a small number of items that change dynamically depending on the page a user is on.  My question is, how do I communicate that this control can be moved around on the page?  Do others depend on their users discovering this on their own?  I considered putting it in the title - ie "Page Menu (drag and drop)" but co-workers didn't care for that approach much more than I did.  I considered  hover-over text, but I'm not sure how to...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Can I use my visual studio 6 project in Visual Studio .NET?
Here is my situation 1) Web Windows 2k Server. All code is done in ASP (not .net) 2) 1 Developer is not yet ready to install Visual Studio .NET, nor are we ready upgrade our server to .NET, however I wish to use Visiual Studio .NET. So is it possible to open a Visual Studio 6 project file and use the built in Source Control while running Visual Studio .NET? Thanks, Matt anyone able to help me out here? anyone?...

Can I install Visual Studio.NET 2005
   Hi All,    I already have Visual Studio.NET 2003 on my machine. I am doing project on that. I must have that on my system, I can't uninstall and have Visual studio 2005. I want to learn some newthings of Visual Studio.NET 2005.   Can I have Visual Studio.NET 2005 on my machine without affecting visual studio.NET 2003.   Plz, help me regarding this.    Thank you and Regrads    Abdulkhadar M.G         Yes, they can both be installed together on the same machine. Website Design Dar...

New controls in Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Just wanted to know if there are any new Web Server Controls available in Visual Studio.NET 2005 version. HighOnCodingWanna get high! There are several of new controls. Here are some of the new controls: Login LoginStatus CreateUserWizard Wizard WebPartZone EditorZone Tree Menu SiteMap DataSource controls GridView etc. I could recommand you to buy a book about ASP.Net 2.0 to read more about the new controls./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog i agree with Fredrik, get a book on ASP.NE...

Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Source Control?
I just want a simple software change management tool for these two tools... Team Foundation Server is too big for me...  What should I do? Hi,at the moment we still use Visual Source Safe untill VSTS ships as a RTM version. But there are other systems availble too. I heard some people that they were using CVS but I don't have any experience with it.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Will there be Visual Studio .NET 2005 Controls in the Toolbox?
Does anyone know if there are any plans to create drag and drop Atlas controls for the toolbox? All of the current Atlas server controls can be added using drag/drop and you can use the Visual Studio properties window to configure the components. If the Atlas controls don't show up on your Toolbox, you can add them by dragging the Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll from the Windows file manager to the toolbox or manually:Right-click on Toolbox.Select "Choose Items..."Click on "Browse..."Locate the Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll and click on "Open"Click on OK in the "Choose Toolbox Items" dialog.Either way, ...

Source Control for .NET and Integrated with Visual Studio 2005
 I'm searching for source control solutions via Internet. I prefer to free or open source product, especially it could be integrated to VS2005. A source control can be installed on IIS will save much time for me to configure it. I had glance at Subversion of Tigris but it seem so complex while my team was familiar with Visual Source Safe. Please give me your advice!   You can try Tortoise SVN with Ankh SVN plugin for VSS which is like easy to use.You can also try SourceJammer (www.sourcejammer.org) which is a very nice and stable SC system but it doenst provide VS i...

Selecting controls with a click and drag rectangle in Visual Developer Studio 2005
I just switched to using Visual Developer Studio 2005 from 2003.  In the design window, I would like to visually select multiple controls with the absolute position property with a "click and drag" rectangle to do things like align them. In 2003, this was as simple as using a click and drag rectangle using the default behavior.  I can't get this to work in 2005, and selecting multiple controls with separate mouse clicks is driving me nuts.  How do you configure 2005 to do this? Thanks, David   This functionality is not longer available, sorry.Thanks------------...

urgent, I can not run the .net system from the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005!!!
Before everything is ok. I can run the system from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and debug. but today I found can not!!! give me the error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"  I used the vista system and .net 2.0   Thanks!!!  Could You provide a few more details?  Have you changed y ou Operating system to Vista or was everything working fine on Vista before.  Visual Studio 2005  is will not run on Vista Properly unless you install the service packs for Vista and when you run Visual Studio 2005 in Vista you should "Run as ad...

Using ADO.NET instead of the DataSource controls in Visual studio 2005
I am using VS 2005 and SQL server 2005. We will have several web forms which are populated with data from our database. The web forms have various controls that will be bound to the data which is extracted from the database. For example, a drop down list box, etc. I have noticed that in ASP.NET 2.0 that they have several built in Data Source controls. For example, SqlDataSource control, ObjectDataSource control, XmlDataSource control, SiteMapDataSource control. I have looked at these controls but I don't like the fact that things are wired up automoatically through the Visual Studio wizard....

Web resources about - Can not drag and drop controls where I want to. - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families". The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, with a history ...

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families".  The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, ...

How-To: Reduce iPhone screen brightness beyond what’s possible in Control Center or Display & Brightness ...
... about sharing in the past, involves reducing iPhone screen brightness beyond levels that are possible with the standard brightness slider controls. ...

Stagefright-based ‘Metaphor’ exploit can take control of your phone in just 15 seconds
The old Android malware beastie is at it again, with researchers uncovering a new Stagefright-based exploit that can be used to take control ...

Creative Control explores the dark side of augmented reality—with humor
... Here's what the future looks like: collecting data on people while wearing AR glasses. 7 more images in gallery In the film Creative Control ...

4 Ways to Control Your Mind and Lose Weight
... after a week of eating the same things. I have found that almost anytime I have plateaued, a cheat meal has broken the plateau. Gain Control ...

This man has been commuting to work through a robot for two years, and he controls it from 3,000 miles ...
... his company Double Robotics is headquartered. Instead, he’s 2,900 miles away in Brooklyn, NY, with his two dogs and spouse, where he controls ...

The Latest: Officers regain control of Alabama prison dorm
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Latest on the disturbances at a prison in Alabama where inmates have stabbed each other and prison authorities and ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...