Can I Install JRE on same machine where VS2005 is installed ?

Hello All,

 Will it affect the VS2005 if i will install Java runtime environment on the same machine?

Plz reply asap. its very urgent

Swati

0
Swati

Yes you can install it. At least I have done it.

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
5/21/2007 5:29:47 AM

I also currently have both installed on my machine.  I wouldn't worry about them not playing nice.

0
Oak29

Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed
Hi I recently made a dll in Visual studio 2005.  I went File\New\Project and under Visual C++ I picked clr for my project type.  When I take the dll to another computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 Installed my application cannot load this dll.  It does load it if I install all the Visual Studio 2005 tools and the Visual Studio 2005 Services pack sP1 Team Suite.  Is there a was to run my dll without haveing to install all these tools on the target machine?  Even intalling the tools was not good enough it only started running after I installed the serv...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Installing Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 installed
Hello. Is it possible to install Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 already installed ? Can appear conflicts ? Thank's ! Yes you can install and run vs2003 and vs2005 side by side. There is very little or no side effects for running these two applications side by side. If you have any problems one of us here can help you.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com Thank's for your answer. But applications who need .net frameworks, will use .net frameworks 1.1 instead of 2.0 ? If yes, can I modify the settings to use .net frameworks 2.0 ? Thank's again. You can...

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

Can I install Visual Studio.NET 2005
   Hi All,    I already have Visual Studio.NET 2003 on my machine. I am doing project on that. I must have that on my system, I can't uninstall and have Visual studio 2005. I want to learn some newthings of Visual Studio.NET 2005.   Can I have Visual Studio.NET 2005 on my machine without affecting visual studio.NET 2003.   Plz, help me regarding this.    Thank you and Regrads    Abdulkhadar M.G         Yes, they can both be installed together on the same machine. Website Design Dar...

Installation of Visual Studio 2005 While Keeping Visual Studio 2003 on the Same Machine
I currently have Visual Studio 2003 installed on my Windows XP Pro laptop.  Is it possible to install Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine and have both of these development environments working correctly on the same machine?  We plan on doing a project migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0 soon and I believe this is necessary in accomplishing this.  Any help you could give would be appreciated.You can't stop entropy so why even try?  VS 2003 and VS 2005 will peacefully coexist on your xp laptopSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group It has been a ...

Installing visual studio 2005 after a 2008 install
Morning All. I have visual studio 2008 already installed on my laptop and have a client who has specifically asked me to install vs2005 using their licences etc. The client says that they have heard of issues with running .net 2.0 projects with visual studio 2008. The client says that the web.config file becomes garbled and has entries which crash their web server when copied across. Has anyone come across this before? Am looking for information to go back to the client with as I do not really want to have both 2005 and 2008 installed.   Cheers   You can install VS ...

Installing visual studio on existing visual studio 2003 installation
Is it possible to install VS 2005 on the same pc with VS 2003? Fastes way to upgrade existing 2003 apps to 2005 smoothly?   Yes you can run vs2005 on the same machines as vs2003 without any problems. Fastest way to upgrade is using vs2005 upgrade wizard.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Visual Studio 2005 Install Problem
Hi all, I have just rebuilt my XP machine and installed Visual Studio 2005. When trying to open previously created projects I get the following error message: The application for project <project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type () is installed. At this point I did some reading and googling and discovered that 'Web Application Projects' is not included in the base Visual Studio 2005 package. I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1) expecting this to fix the problem, however I still received the same error message when trying to open the application. ...

Can you have VS .net 2003 AND VS.net 2005 Beta 2 installed on same machine?
Right now I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed on my machine, but I also need to put on the Visual Studio 2003 Professional to work with some older projects. Can I installed the Visual Studio 2003 Professional on the same machine with out messing anything up?Thanks Yes you can have them side by side!   Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/robcaron/archive/2005/04/20/410224.aspx link of Robcorn, it also could helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti great thanks, I am installing the 2003 version now on my machine that already has the ...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Web resources about - Can I Install JRE on same machine where VS2005 is installed ? - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.