"Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005

I have been using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Today I tried to create and run a web site in VIsual Studio 2008. It would not run and gave me the following error:

"Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall."

After changing a few things on that new web site in IIS 6.0 without success, I went back to my old VS 2005 web sites that were running fine. Now, they all give me that error when I try to run them. It seems that .NET 2.0 was corrupted somehow. I tried using aspnet_regiis /u and /i in the v2.0.50727 directory with no luck. Has anyone experienced this? I want to be able to go back and forth between developing .NET 3.5 web apps and .NET 2.0 web apps.

0
mdraganza

Are you actually running this site in IIS, or are you using the local development server?

 I had a similar problem when I had to do a complete reload on my system, using Vista and Nod32 antivirus.  Before, I was on version 2.x, but the new version 3.x that I purchased blocks the local webserver like a firewall.

---------------------------------------
MCP - Web Based Client Development .NET 2.0
0
ps2goat
12/14/2008 2:11:39 AM

It turned out that my IIS web server was stopped. After starting it up again, I was able to run all my old .NET 2.0 web sites. I uninstalled .NET 3.5, .NET 3.0, .NET 2.0 SP1 and reinstalled in reverse order. Now if I create a new .NET 3.5 web site with VS 2008 it runs without error. I can only surmise that I installed something wrong when I did it the first time.

0
mdraganza

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."
Hi,  I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Hello, Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ? Thanks !...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Visual studio 2005 not entering in to debug mode although i set debug="true"
Hi,i have a peculiar problem with vs.net 2005. when i press F5 and run the application, my webpage is displayed in the browser but visual studio doesn't entering into debug mode and still the pause and end buttons on the tool bar shows disabled which means my application is not running. till yesterday it was working fine. i checked the web.config file and the debug mode is set to "true" ..debug="true".my operating system config.xp  with sp2vs2005 with sp1recently i installed .net framework 3.5 on my computer.Please help me. i am stuck with it.  Click “M...

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" when running a local web project
I get the above error when I try to run my project.  Any ideas what the configuration of the computer needs to be in order to run VS2005's local web server? Ok, the problem is that I apparently don't have the executable on my machine.  Does anyone know how I can reinstall this executable?  I've tried to repair my .NET studio installation, but no luck. I got same proplem , did you solve it ? if you .. please help me Thanks Top Systems Inc.Coding ServicesBooks Download I accidentally hit my firewall program to block the web server application.  When I fig...

error when start wthout debugging in visual studio 2005
i ve already installed visual studio 2005, i make new project in web development....i created asp form n then when i tried to start without debugging,system finish to bulid wthout eror but  ther was an error pop up message "unable connect to localhost web server", i dont know what i must do then..  does any1 can help me... ? thx, regard... Hello Marukochan, Hope this thread will fix your problem,http://forums.asp.net/t/920216.aspx Prasanna VigneshMCPD | Web DeveloperDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits t...

In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".
In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".  Is new project for non web realted stuff.   Hi Parms,New Project enables you to add projects to your solution for non-web related projects -- for example: windows applications, class libraries, etc.  New Website adds a project specific to web UI developmnet.Hope this helps,Scott Hi Scott --On a related subject: I've got a VS 2003 solution with three web apps. The third web app is really just a library of classes that are shared between the other two web apps.app_1: a real web app (references ...

Web resources about - "Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005