"open project" dialog in vs2005 and vs2003

Hi.

When I open project in vs2003 and folder contains *.sln file this file selected already.

In vs2005 I need to click on it or press "space" to select it. Why I need one more click it's beyond my undestanding.

0
AnatolyR

I can reproduce.  It's definitely a change in behavior.  Visual Studio uses the Office 2003 File Open dialog for Open Project.  I think it's a bug in the Office dialog, because if I bring up File Open in Excel or Word I see the same behavior.
-Dan
danmor
1/16/2006 7:18:58 PM
Thanks a lot for listening
0
AnatolyR

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".
In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".  Is new project for non web realted stuff.   Hi Parms,New Project enables you to add projects to your solution for non-web related projects -- for example: windows applications, class libraries, etc.  New Website adds a project specific to web UI developmnet.Hope this helps,Scott Hi Scott --On a related subject: I've got a VS 2003 solution with three web apps. The third web app is really just a library of classes that are shared between the other two web apps.app_1: a real web app (references ...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

How do I create a VB Template that will appear in the "New Project"/"Visual Basic Projects" dialog?
In vb6, I have a very simple app that consists of a windows form, a multiline textbox, some SQL connection strings and a simple method to output text to the multiline textbox. I use this template when I create throw-away test projects to see if something works or not.This was REAL SIMPLE to have it show up in VB6: I just put the project into the ...vb98\Template... directories and it just worked.How do I do the same thing in VS.Net 2003? I found some similar looking directories, but putting the solution files there did nothing.Help would be most greatly appreciated.Owen Well, I almost have...

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

How to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual Studio?
Hi all,I have installed the Framework Started KIT. And now I would like to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual StudioI have tried to open as Solution (.sln) and as Web project (.vbprj) but this files don't exist. How to open the project "VB Portal Application" on Visual Studio?...

The new "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (RC1)"
are there any further readme's or instructions on how to use the new features in this package?  Some of the features sound interesting but I don't know where to find them in vs.thanks,http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspxPeter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Did you check out Scott Guthrie's blog post here?http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/05/442032.aspxHe has tons of links to additional info as well.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it help...

How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview"
How to uninstall "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Preview" Go to Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs. -- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

[cannot use "" database already open] error on VIsual studio 2005 but not in 2003 why?
hii have different application created with visual studio 2005 and visual studio 2003when i update my web site created with visual studio 2003 and during the esecution of program i open access database for verify a query or outher functinality i haven't any problem!butin my application with visual studio 2005 if i open access database when web site is running they return an error (see the title)how i can do it the same of the visual studio 2003???thanks You will probably need to apply MODIFY permissions on the folder that contains the database to the account that is trying to access it...

Enhancing the "Add Reference" dialog box in Visual Studio .NET (Whidbey?)
I'd like to see the Add Reference dialog box get a facelift to some degree. Since assemblies can be referenced via the Registry Key ".NET Assemblies", perhaps a "descriptive XML file with a 24xSomething bitmap" could be used to help Classify and Identify references. In addition, I believe the .NET tab should be broken up into "Core System .NET Dlls" and "3rd Party .NET Dll's" I will try to generate some bitmaps of this idea this weekend and post them somehow ----E.NewtonASP.Net/C# Solutions Developer and ConsultantEnsoft Software http://www.e...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

[Delphi XE2] "Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box [Edit]
"Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box when using windows classic theme (windows 7 64bits). Notepad on the contrary still have the "Seacrh ..." box in its open file dialog. Check the images below(they are not mine but show the issue) This one does have the "search document" box in the upper right corner. http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9518/dialog2.png This one does not have it. http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4793/dialogl.png Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. ...

Visual Studio "Open With..." always opens new instance of editor
I have Sql Server Management Studio (SSMS) set as the default editor for .sql files in Visual Studio. But when I open a .sql file a new instance of SSMS opens, even when I've already got an isntance of SSMS open. It's just my work PC that does this. At home it reuses the same instance. But I can't think of anything I ever changed to get either behavior. Does anyone know how to change this behavior?developMENTALmadness blogFree Industry White Papers/Magazines! Well, I started trying different programs and finally tried Explorer - this seems to work except for the prompt to Open ...

Web resources about - "open project" dialog in vs2005 and vs2003 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005