VB code to VB.Net

I have a contact manager application who has released a SDK that allows outside programs to manipulate its data. The examples are provided for VB and C++ developers.

In the VB code examples, there is .bas and .frm files. There are also .vbp and .vbw files. There is also a Global.bas file that looks like it contains the global variables and a public function to handle logins. I have also identified a .scc file that is commented "source code control file".
I would like to move this code into the .Net framework if possible, but I would like suggestions on where to start. I'm getting Visual Studio soon and was wondering if the built-in conversion wizard might help me (VB6 to VB.Net).
Help / Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Steve
0
DataOnCrack

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

How to change vb.net code to C#.Net ?...
Hi, Earlier i had a class  that i got it from this Forum, it in vb.net and i am trying it to convert it in c#.net but i am unable to covert properly to work. the functionality of this class is to convert number value to words. i am putting both of code c#.net and VB.net please rectify it.Public Class NumberToWords Dim Character As String Public Function ConvertNumber(ByVal A As Double) As String On Error Resume Next Dim MM Dim IM ConvertNumber = "" MM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Len(A) IM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left(A, Mic...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

ANN: VB.NET Forums
Hello Fellow Programmers: Just an announcement the VB.NET Forums moved to the advanced vBulletin 3 software providing a feature rich and enjoyable forum experience. Stop by in your Internet surfing to help others, ask questions, and partake in our VB.NET only community. Visit us in addition to your trips to this great community. http://www.vbdotnetforums.comNeal...

Web resources about - VB code to VB.Net - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Decoded" redirects here. For the television show, see Brad Meltzer's Decoded . For the Jay-Z memoir, see Decoded (book) . A code is a rule for ...

Herding Code
While at NDC 2012 in Oslo, Jon and K. Scott talked to Shay Friedman about Roslyn, IronRuby, and the DLR. Download / Listen: 146 – Shay Friedman ...

iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X Cocoa Usability and Development Services - Instinctive Code
iPad, iPhone / iPod Touch and Mac OS X Cocoa development services and UI design.

Re/code
No Bible Available? NY Swears in Politician With iPad Bible App. By Jordan Kahn, Writer, 9to5Mac

iOS 9 code suggests iPhone 7 could experiment with Li-Fi tech, likely confirms headphone jack going away ...
... jack in favor of wireless audio solutions and a Lightning adapter for wired headphones and speakers, and now internal iOS software code seems ...

iOS code shows Apple experimenting with ultra fast, light-based Li-Fi wireless data for future iPhones ...
Recent versions of iOS have been found to contain references to Li-Fi, an experimental high-speed wireless networking protocol that uses pulses ...

Sprint: BTIG, Cowen Skeptical of Purported Network Scope in Re/code Article
The Street this morning is trying to figure out what to make of a report on Friday by Dawn Shmielewski and Ina Fried of Re/code stating that ...

Digging through iOS 9.3 code may have just revealed a key iPhone 7 detail
... a long way from finding out whether this year’s brand new iPhone family will lack a headphone jack, but some digging around in new iOS 9 code ...

Create promo codes for your apps and in-app products in the Google Play Developer Console
... report help you grow your audience and better understand your marketing. Starting today, you can now generate and distribute promo codes to ...