using dataset in crystal report in vb.net

Hi alI,

I want to use the user defined data set in run time in vb.net for eg. A user wants to put data in run time for that particulart filed  all data should be taken from database.

Can Any 1 suggest me what to do.

Thnaks,

Bob

0
b4u183

Create a typed dataset of the dataset u r using for the gridview using ds.WriteXMLSchema("C:\data.xsd").

Add it to ur application code folder

Create an object of the typed dataset.

Get dataset into it. Bind it to the gridview. Keep the dataset in session so that u can reuse it

Then create a crystal report Go to database fields - > ADo.net -> Add connection -> give the path of the data.xsd you created in ur app_code folder.

In the crystal report in the page header put ur headers for each column

Below add a detail section there u drag the respective fields from the new dataset you added under the headers

Now in the code section do the following

Bind the dataset u kept in seesion to the report on button click

rptDoc.SetDataSource(ds)

If u are stuck somewhere post it I'll reply

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
12/27/2008 2:23:20 PM

Try looking at this:

http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Using-Crystal-Reports.aspx

Christopher Reed
Careed
12/27/2008 2:41:57 PM

hi,

as i am using windows application please tell me how to get the report by entering the data in run time.so, that for that data complete related data should show from database.

thanks,.

bob

0
b4u183
12/28/2008 6:35:19 AM

Get the data in user defined dataset and bind it to ur crystal report viewer

Private Function GetData(ByVal strQuery As String) As YourUDFDataset

Dim ds As New YourUDFDataset

Dim strConnString As String = "Your Connection string"

Dim con As New SqlConnection(strConnString)

Dim cmd As New SqlCommand(strQuery, con)Dim sda As New SqlDataAdapter

cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text

Try

con.Open()

sda.SelectCommand = cmd

sda.Fill(ds)

Catch ex As Exception

Return ds

Finally

con.Close()

cmd.Dispose()

sda.Dispose()

End Try

Return ds

End Function

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
12/28/2008 7:27:55 AM

You need to ask this questions in the MSDN Forums, not under ASP.NET.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/threads/

Christopher Reed
Careed

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

How to pass parameter in crystal report using dataset in vb.net
 dear friends              i am new to crystal report. so i need the detail explanation on crystal report in vb.net i want to create crystal report using dataset,i want to pass parameter value in crystal report or dataset.regards Samuel chandradoss John  Thanks and regardsSamuel Chandradoss John you can refer here http://forums.asp.net/p/1359067/2825312.aspx#2825312   and also http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Using-Crystal-Reports.aspxMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotM...

using Crystal Report 8 with Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition
Hi I am using Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition. I also have Crystal Reports. I have been able to access Crystal Reports in window application. I do not know how to use Crystal Reports in web based application. Can anybody help  Dashisht Hi, I am not sure what the options are with CR 8 as far as integrating into ASP.net is concerned. I have integrated 8.5, and had to do it via legacy ASP support, and I suspect that version 8 will be the same. I presume that with version 8 in winforms you had to use it via the ActiveX? I am not sure on your product options, but versions of ...

how to work with XMLSchema.xsd with disconnected dataset using vb.net for builiding crystal report
hai! i heard recently we can build crystal reports dynamically through xmlschema.xsd so, how to work with XMLSchema.xsd with disconnected dataset using vb.net for builiding crystal report...

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

use of vb.net and c#.net

Web resources about - using dataset in crystal report in vb.net - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Data set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For IBM mainframe term for a file, see Data set (IBM mainframe) . For the telecommunications interface device, see Modem . A dataset (or data ...

Data : Where can I get large datasets open to the public?
Answer (1 of 91): Here's the ones I've found most useful: CrunchBase, US Census, Google Public Data, Infochimps, Timetric, Factual, Freebase, ...

YouTube - Hans Rosling: Let my dataset change your mindset
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2009 http://www.ted.com Talking at the US State Department this summer, Hans Rosling uses his fascinating data-bubble software ...

The Mindset, Skillset, Dataset Approach to Social Media
... Social media is comprised primarily of unstructured data, which is difficult to analyze. A new approach called Mindset, Skillset, Dataset can ...

Sending large datasets to Amazon? Use the Post Office
Amazon has introduced a new method to move large amounts of data to and from …

IDG Contributor Network: Are datasets truly anonymized? Two well-suited researchers are going to find ...
With little fanfare or formality, Adam Smith , associate professor of computer science and engineering in Penn State's School of Electrical Engineering ...

House GOP looks to shed light on EPA secret datasets
House Republicans have introduced a bill that would block the Environmental Protection Agency from crafting regulations based on “secret” scientific ...

Google Making It Easier to Transfer Huge Datasets on the Cloud
... Cloud Import services are now in preview mode, but could later be available on a widespread basis to help enterprises move their large datasets ...

Environmental datasets, reverse auction legislation and military email
News and notes from around the federal IT community. The White House's Data.gov has added five datasets to the Ecosystem Vulnerability theme ...

Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab
Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab