start an application from vb.net

Hello

I would like to start a batch file from vb.net which launch itself another program

It seems to work ok but I have a problem

 I can launch this batch file from everywhere (there is a enviromement variable set) from the cmd

but when I try to launch it from vb.net it's not working

a solution ? :)

Thx

0
GillouX

Check task manager and see if it is running. My guess is that it is....if it really isn't then your application probably doesn't have permission to run it.

Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.uk
http://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledge
http://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developers

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you

0
ca8msm
10/23/2007 10:02:09 AM

 I figured it out :)

sorry for disturbing

here is the code for the people who are intersted

        Dim AppliProcess As Process = New Process
        Dim VFileName As String =  Applifolder & "\bin\Appli.bat"
        Try
            AppliProcess.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = StartIn()
            AppliProcess.StartInfo.FileName = VFileName
            AppliProcess.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Normal
            AppliProcess.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = True
            AppliProcess.Start()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show("Could not start " & VFileName, "Error")
        Finally
            Me
.Close()
        End Try

Sorry again

0
GillouX
10/23/2007 10:04:23 AM

Hello

I use the above code to run the application

but I would like to show a loading picture for a few time (until the other application is opened)

the problem is that my window get stucked like it's waiting for sg (actually it's waiting for the other application to start)

 how I can handle this ?

thx

0
GillouX

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

Integrating the C#.net and VB.net application
Hello All,  I'm trying to integrate the C#.net application and VB.net application.  Can you give me any suggestions of how to merge them.  Thanks in Advance You are probably goign to have to convert one of the applications to the other language at one point.  There are online conversion tools to help http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".Give some of my PWSK modules a try.  Type of application?We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch @weighfield: I d...

Web resources about - start an application from vb.net - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...