Peer to peer applications

Am facing a problem in developing peer to peer appln.

first of all a machine has two ips(one private visible in intranet like 192.168.0.121 and second public ip visible in internet 10.2.2.3).now i need to connect to a peer located at remote place with the same criteria(two ips).The problem is i cnt go through the public ip to internal ip.On reading some articles on net i came to know the technique used to connect through public ip to private ip is termed as "HOLE PUNCHING"/"PORT FORWARDING".can some one help me on this issue? r is there any alternative other than this.I have to do it programmatically not manually.

Bharath

0
kvbk

kvbk:
Am facing a problem in developing peer to peer appln.
Presumably you are using Windows Forms rather than ASP.NET.  If so, you need to seek help on the MSDN Forums, not the ASP.NET Forums.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
6/14/2006 11:18:24 AM
This is not a problem related to .NET, it has to do with your network setup. I might suggest Port Forwarding or using DMZ.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?
I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes. Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP. (By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL) So I should start to learn one of the languages. Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ? Which and why ? Thanks in advance, Gonzi Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with. Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I ...

PEER-TO-PEER
Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the PORT 139 NETBIOS feature that is SO intrinsic to FILESHARING ?? ,ala GNUTELLA , GROKSTER ,IMESH ,KAZZA ????????????? sstu wrote: > Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer > -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE > alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the > PORT 139 NETBIOS feat...

Peer to Peer
Hi, I am studying a new Peer2Peer project and I have some concerns that speed limit cannot be done. I mean. The software can show the download (or upload) is using n% ( n<30) of your bandwidth but in fact it's using all of it. If I get the project, I will use Delphi + Indy. But first I would like to know from you if you can control your bandwidth through a software? TIA, Clément Hi, You generally cant control the peak bandwidth use (unless you have the intention to hack the network card in use). You can however control the bandwidth use over time. You do th...

peer to peer
Hi guys I don't have to reset my home peer to peer often so I have totally forgotten how to do it. I am running win98se with all the updates, thin Ethernet cable Ethernet cards in each machine. The computer tells me that the ports, irq, and mem address match between hardware and software, the workgroup names are the same. I can see the one computer name in nhood on each machine but not both names on each machine. I uninstalled ZAF and moved the IE6.0 beta INTRANET security to low. This was working yesterday I installed a new copy of Win98se on my wife's machine which hadn...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

Web resources about - Peer to peer applications - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...