Is there a software to convert VB codes to VB.net codes automatically?

hi there! Do anyone of you know if there is any software to convert VB codes to VB.net codes? Or must i maunally convert them?
0
fish0man

Visual Studio.NET 2000 and 2003 versions automatically convert VB 6 code to VB.NET code, for the most part.   Refer to Preparing Your Visual Basic 6.0 Applications for the Upgrade to Visual Basic .NET for more information.

Hope this helps,
Appan
ASP.NET Team

appana
1/8/2004 2:46:00 AM
thanks! =)
0
fish0man
1/8/2004 4:08:43 AM
Is this case same for Visual C codes?
0
fish0man
1/8/2004 4:15:39 AM
Same concept.  Refer to Managed Extensions for C++ Migration Guide and Common Migration Issues for Managed C++ for more information.

Hope this helps,
Appan
ASP.NET Team

appana
1/8/2004 5:34:42 AM
Hi there, i have migrated the VB codes to VB.net codes. However there were a lot of errors. Most of them were this:

'UPGRADE_WARNING: Couldn't resolve default property of object j. Click for more: 'ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/commoner/redir/redirect.htm?keyword="vbup1037"'
How do i solve it?
0
fish0man
1/29/2004 3:45:41 PM
Can you provide the complete list of ALL error messages?

Thanks,
Appan
ASP.NET Team

appana
1/29/2004 11:37:20 PM
basically the errors are these:

'UPGRADE_WARNING: Couldn't resolve default property of object j. Click for more: 'ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/commoner/redir/redirect.htm?keyword="vbup1037"'
'UPGRADE_WARNING: Couldn't resolve default property of object i. Click for more: 'ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/commoner/redir/redirect.htm?keyword="vbup1037"'
'UPGRADE_WARNING: Couldn't resolve default property of object input_v(i, j). Click for more: 'ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/commoner/redir/redirect.htm?keyword="vbup1037"'
There were no other errors.
0
fish0man
1/30/2004 1:44:53 AM
In Visual Basic .NET, default properties are no longer supported; all property references must be fully qualified. During upgrade, default properties for early-bound objects are resolved to the property name; however, late-bound objects cannot be resolved because it is impossible to determine a default property without knowing what the object is.

If possible, modify your code to use early binding before upgrading to Visual Basic .NET.
If late binding is necessary, determine the default property for the object and add it to your code.
Refer to Late-bound default property reference could not be resolved for examples and more information.
Hope this helps,
Appan

ASP.NET Team

appana

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

convert VB.net code to C# code ( Visual studio 2003 )
Hello,   Where can I find a program that convert  VB.net code to C# code ( Visual studio 2003 ) Best regards   Google.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/Default.aspxGO HOKIES!!!...

How could i convert this code vb in vb.net?
Dim Report As CRAXDRT.ReportDim ReportSub As CRAXDRT.ReportDim ReportSub1 As CRAXDRT.Report Dim m_crwDatabase As CRAXDRT.Database Dim MaxDetail As IntegerDim MaxMain As Integer Dim PageCountMax As Integer Private Sub Command1_Click()     PayableVoucher "应付款挂帐单", "应付组"        End Sub Private Sub Command2_Click()     Command1.Visible = True    CRViewer1.Visible = False    Command2.Visible = False    Command3.Visible = True    Me.WindowState = 0     ...

convert code from VB to VB.Net
hi, I have both an offline application (done with Visual Basic 6.0 ) and an online application (thru ASP.Net 2.0 and Visual Basic as code behind). Right now, I have a code in Visual Basic for encrypting a file. This is working in my offline application. However, when I used the code in my online application, it got some errors in it. Maybe incompatibility with the language used. Is there any way I can convert my VB code to VB.Net? Thanks a lot. Sheila   Rock on!!! Get the VB6 code advisor from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/vbasic/ms789135.aspx and check you existing...

how to convert VB.NET code this code to C#
Hi I have the following code whihc I need to convert to C# since I dont know VB.NET any ideas how to do this: Imports System.IO Imports System.Reflection Add the following code to the class: Private Function GetSql(ByVal Name As String) As String Try ' Get the current assembly. Dim Asm As [Assembly] = [Assembly].GetExecutingAssembly() ' Resources are named using a fully qualified name. Dim strm As Stream = Asm.GetManifestResourceStream(Asm.GetName().Name + "." + Name) ' Read the contents of the embedded file. ...

VB code to VB.Net
I have a contact manager application who has released a SDK that allows outside programs to manipulate its data. The examples are provided for VB and C++ developers. In the VB code examples, there is .bas and .frm files. There are also .vbp and .vbw files. There is also a Global.bas file that looks like it contains the global variables and a public function to handle logins. I have also identified a .scc file that is commented "source code control file". I would like to move this code into the .Net framework if possible, but I would like suggestions on where to start. I'm ge...

Convert VB Macro code to VB.NET or C#
Hello all i want to convert the following Vb macro code to VB.NET ot C# how to do that ? any help ? Set myrange = objword.Selection.Range myrange.Collapse Set myTable = objword.ActiveDocument.Tables.Add(myrange, 2, 5) With myTable With .Borders(wdBorderLeft) .LineStyle = wdLineStyleSingle .LineWidth = wdLineWidth050pt .Color = wdColorAutomatic End With With .Borders(wdBorderRight) .LineStyle...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

Web resources about - Is there a software to convert VB codes to VB.net codes automatically? - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.

iPhone 5 automatically rotates using Cycloramic App. - YouTube
[NEW VIDEO] Cycloramic 2.0 update teaser vid with panoramic photo preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHUID07xs4 Cycloramic has been Awarded ...