How to get computer name?

How do I get the computer name from a vb.net 2.0 program?

TIA,

Owen
0
ojm37

Ok. I Found it.

My.Computer.Name

Owen
0
ojm37

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?
I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes. Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP. (By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL) So I should start to learn one of the languages. Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ? Which and why ? Thanks in advance, Gonzi Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with. Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I ...

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

Free Book
followup to grc.techtalk Free Book - Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbrun/staythepath/additionalresources/upgradingvb6/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET is is the complete technical guide to upgrading Visual Basic 6 applications to Visual Basic .NET, covering all upgrade topics from APIs to ZOrders. It shows how to fix upgrade issues with forms, language, data...

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

[Help] Upgrade From Visual Studion.net 2003 to Visual Studion.Net 2005
currently i am using visual studion.net 2003 and MS SQL 2000. But now i wanna install Visual Studion.Net 2005, is it i need to uninstall the previous version Visual Studion.net 2003 before i install the Visual Studion 2005 ? Can i keep the VS 2003 ?? Pls give me some guide.. thanks Yes you can keep VS 2005 and run it side by side with VS 2005.Mikael Söderström Hi dear , you can keep both the versions but Visual Studion .NET 2005 has the highest priority as compared to 2003 version. When ever you open any project by double clicking on project file it will be opened in Visual Studio 2005. ...

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Where is Visual Basic in .NET
I have experience programming with VB and have been assigned a project that I will be creating in VB.Net. I have been given software Microsoft Visual C#.Net to develope the application. I have been told that I can write and execute VB code with this software but WHERE?  the only thing I can find is adding a VB Script page to a C# project unfortunately I am not fluent in C#.  Can I add VB.Net functionality to this software or do I need to purchase an entirely different environment say MS VisualBasic.Net? Thanks It sounds like you have been given the wrong product. ...

Send an email by Visual Web Developer (Visual Basic .NET)
Hi,  WorldI'm trying send an email to confirm information completed by the user to his email , por exampleUser Name , : Jorge City: Trujillo email: camposrafael@hotmail.comI need send his username and his city to his email when I press send button in my webapplication but my problem is to setup the SMTP Server bacause I'm using the user SMTP Server , but I need use my SMTP server  , please help me...

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

No DataWindows .Net Tab in Visual Studio .Net
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've installed DataWindows .Net on a machine already running Visual Studio .Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro). No Errors or complaints during the installation. There is no DataWindow .Net Tab in the Tools window in .Net.....trying to Add Components....No Sybase Datawindows .Net components are available for Adding. The DataWindow Designer works Fine. Also have PowerBuilder 8.0 on the same machine and that works fine as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add Components, brows...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - How to get computer name? - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Computer Show

Is D-Wave’s quantum processor really 10⁸ times faster than a normal computer?
One of D-Wave's chips, circa 2011. (credit: D-Wave) We have been following D-Wave's claims about its quantum hardware at Ars for a number of ...

Tribunal rules computer hacking by GCHQ is not illegal
Britain's spies are not breaking the law when they secretly hack into computers and smart phones, a tribunal rules.

Court rules it is not illegal for GCHQ to hack computers
... carried out by the NSA and GCHQ. In the course of the case, GCHQ admitted for the first time that it was involved in hacking devices and computers ...

This really might be the ultimate computer monitor
If you're a PC gamer or you watch movies on your computer, you know that a screen with a standard 16:9 aspect ratio just isn't going to cut it. ...

Embracing Computer Programming and Business law, UW students run from Problems of American Racial and ...
These kids today! So practical, so averse to the wisdom of their elders... For more analysis, here's the Cap Times article "Introductory politics ...

Google is reportedly working on a virtual reality headset that doesn't need a smartphone or computer
... Google is also reportedly working on an updated version of its $20 (£20) Cardboard headset . The new version would include its own computer ...

Computer attack insurance rates rise after high-profile breaches
Hacks of Sony, Target, Home Depot and major health insurers have made it more expensive to cope with data theft, Reuters reports.