Converting Windows Form to Web Form

Is it possible to convert a windows form to a web form?

I want to convert a VB 6.0 application I worked on for a year(24 forms) to a web application.
My plan is to migrate form VB 6.0 to VB .NET and then to ASP.NET
Thank u in advance.
0
asack

well an ASP.NET app can do anything that a VB6 app can do, that is for sure :)

so it is possible
the question is how easy?
how well did you keep separate business from user-interface logic?
it may be as simple as cuttting/pasting a bunch of methods, and dropping a few visual components to call them.
to maintain full compliance with current MS sex-appeal requirements for Windows apps, you should be moving your program logic to a Webservice, then you can make use of it from ASP.NET and WinForms.NET equally.
0
rox
9/11/2003 5:22:58 AM
Thank u!

That help me a lot in understanding what can I do to make my VB 6 app a web app and a VB .NET app.
0
asack
9/12/2003 1:05:30 AM
You said:

you should be moving your program logic to a Webservice
I said:
Unless of course this application is only going to be deployed over an intranet and the .net framework is guaranteed.. then remoting is much, much more efficient.
0
desertfoxmb

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Video Streaming & Visual Basic .NET 2003 Web Forms
I'd like to create a web-based video streaming page, and I was wondering what the best method would be using Visual Basic .NET 2003. Does anyone know any good online tutorials or books that talk about using Windows Media 9 in web forms? Any other ideas?Thanks, Mike Bummer, I guess it's impossible...Thanks, Mike This is a place to start http://www.google.com.au/search?q=embed+windows+media+in+HTML&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta= This is also available in english somewhere complete with code but I cant seem to find that version right now. googl...

IE StatusBar Messages using Visual Basic .NET Web Forms
I'm creating a web-based application that has many different forms for data entry.  I basically want to use the exisiting Internet Explorer status bar to provide the user messages that verify that a record has been saved.  Is there a way to do that in Visual Basic .NET without having to create a save button click event that basically writes out JavaScript?  I know I could use a custom validator or a validation summary to do this, but I just think that the Status Bar is a better interface for what I want to do.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks...

convert Windows Forms UIs to Web Forms
that If i made an application in vb.net .How i can migrate to asp.netThanks Hi VGTA,There is no automatic wizard that will convert an ASP.NET app to WinForms, or a WinForms app to ASP.NET.  However, a number of the concepts are similar between the two models and you will be able to re-use all of your non-UI specific code.  The broader .NET Framework class library is also the same.Hope this helps,Scott I found a tool with which you can convert Windows Forms to its corresponding Web Form counterparts. http://www.suite4.net/products/form.suite4.net/win-web-forms/default.aspxAnand...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

.NET Windows Forms in .NET Library Model
Hi, I downloaded C# 2.0 Library Model and I see that it does not contain Windows Forms classes (System.Windows.Forms namespace). Is there another library model for this? ...

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

External Visual in .Net web forms?
Hi all, Can I deploy an External Visual user object as .Net web forms? I'm trying to use the Microsoft riched20.dll to get a standard rich edit control instead of PB's OEM version. Thanks. No, that isn't supported. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 23 Aug 2007 01:18:30 -0700, Assaf Sasson wrote: >Hi all, > >Can I deploy an External Visual user object as .Net web >forms? > >I'm trying to use the Microsoft riched20.dll to get a >standard rich edit control instead of PB's OEM version. > >Thanks. ...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Web resources about - Converting Windows Form to Web Form - asp.net.visual-basic.net