C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?

I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes.

Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP.
(By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL)
So I should start to learn one of the languages.
Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ?
Which and why ?
Thanks in advance,
Gonzi
0
Gonzi

Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with.
Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus
Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I read and write both equally well myself.

It takes a pretty big dog to weigh a thousand pounds.
0
Rex
4/21/2004 5:41:06 AM
Thanks, so I will start to learn both simultaneously.
0
Gonzi

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

Converting Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET
Hi, I found this program that would get the mac address of a computer given its IP. I converted it into vb.net and it gave 2 errors. It said that I couldn't use "any" in declarations, so I found out what variable it was tryign to pass and changed the any to that data type. Now, the program will start in vb.net... but when I click the button, it returns the wrong mac address, while the one in vb6 returned the correct one.All you have to do is add 2 textboxes to the form and 1 button, dont change their names.::::::::::VB6 CODE::::::::::Option ExplicitPrivate Const NO_ERROR = 0Private Declare F...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Free Book
followup to grc.techtalk Free Book - Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbrun/staythepath/additionalresources/upgradingvb6/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET is is the complete technical guide to upgrading Visual Basic 6 applications to Visual Basic .NET, covering all upgrade topics from APIs to ZOrders. It shows how to fix upgrade issues with forms, language, data...

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

Web resources about - C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ? - asp.net.visual-basic.net

JScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MICROSOFT SHARED SOURCE CLI, C#, AND JSCRIPT LICENSE
This License governs use of the accompanying Software, and your use ofthe Software constitutes acceptance of this license. You may use this Software ...

JScript Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia
... JavaScript. It is similar to JavaScript, but has extensions specifically for the Windows environment. Internet Explorer natively supports JScript ...

Legal Information
Legal Information

JSON vs. XML: Browser Programming Models
Over the holidays I had a chance to talk to some of my old compadres from the XML team at Microsoft and we got to talking about the JSON as an ...

Computer backup software: SyncBackPro - the best backup software
SyncBackPro is the best computer backup software solution for the PC. The best backup software just got even better with CD/DVD backups, backup ...

SyntaxHighlighter - What's new in 3.0?
Now any code blocks which use js , jscript , javascript and applescript brushes will trigger dynamic loading of the appropriate JavaScript file. ...

JavaScript has problems. Do we need Dart to solve them?
JavaScript, the linchpin of scripted websites, is not a perfect programming …

Free Tutorials, Articles, Examples, Code Snippets, Lists, and more!: ASP Alliance