System.Data.TypedTableBase`1<T0>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions.

 If you are getting this error below "System.Data.TypedTableBase`1<T0>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions"

you should check your web.config for the right version of the framework you are telling the compiler to use. It might be the reason. Copied web.config from other website which was build using higher or lower versions of framework could cause this issue.

For example, this is the code to use .NET 3.5

 <system.codedom>
        <compilers>
            <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider,System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" warningLevel="4">
                <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
                <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/>
            </compiler>
            <compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" warningLevel="4">
                <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
                <providerOption name="OptionInfer" value="true"/>
                <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/>
            </compiler>
        </compilers>
    </system.codedom>

Thank you,
Tatyana Hughes
0
AspForumTanya
11/14/2008 8:24:21 PM
asp.net.tips-tricks 851 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Linq Error Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<AnonymousType#1>' to 'System.Data.EnumerableRowCollection<System.Data.DataRow>'.
Hi I am using a AdventureWorks database and trying to use LINQ to query the data. i am not able to get the AsDataView() if i don't declare query as EnumerableRowCollection. But if i declare the query EnumerableRowCollection it shows me an error Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable' to 'System.Data.EnumerableRowCollection'. AdventureWorks.AdventureWorksDataContext db = new AdventureWorks.AdventureWorksDataContext(); EnumerableRowCollection query = from t in db.TransactionHistories.AsEnumerable() select new { t.TransactionID }; As i am having this code in separate class i would like to return DataView instead of ToList(). Any hlep. Thanks If you change your projection to be the entire DataRow, you should be able to call AsDataView.  LinqDataView is only supported for identiy projection (select t) and not as you do t.TransactionID(which generates an anonymous type) Hey, When you do select new { t.TransactionID }, this creates IEnumerable<{type}>, where {type} is the transactionID data type.  You would have to stop at dbo.TransactionHistories.AsEnumerable() to get the effect that you want.  See if the DataView can take a constructor where you can pass an enumerable type into it...Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart'...

Add a reference to assemble 'System.Data'
I tried to set up an sql anywhere ultralite connection. My code for the same is private ULConnection ulconn = new ULConnection(); String dbf = "\\Program Files\\hangpic\\simpleul.udb"; if (System.IO.File.Exists(dbf)) { ConnUL.ConnectionString = "dbf=" + dbf + ";cache_size=1M"; if (ConnUL.State != ConnectionState.Open) { ConnUL.Open(); } ConnUL.DatabaseID = 1000; } and I got the following error: "The type 'System.Data.Common.DbConnection' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"" Any idea why I am getting this problem? Thanks if you could help me on this. Hi Anu, Looking at the provided code, you are not using the "ulconn" object that you declared to make a connection to the database. You are using the "ConnUL" object -- which I do not know of what type it is, but I am assuming DBConnection by the error that you are getting: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.common.dbconnection.aspx Hopefully, once you change your code to use the correct ULConnection object, you will no longer have problems. Cheers, Adi Anu wrote: > I tried to s...

The type 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Instrumentation.IInstrumentationEventProvider' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.
Ok, I don't get why it's complaining about my "Database" object and when I mouse over it in VS 2008 it's saying it's of a different type in the Common namespace.  It's looking for the common assembly when the Database object should be of type Microsoft.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database instead for the following syntax in my class: Database db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase(); In my .cs I have the following using statements and definitely have the right version and assemblies to match in my references of my project:#region Using directives using System;...

The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 Hi everybody,I have a Web app project that uses Linq. I am receiving the following error:The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)in the line:using System.Data.Linq;The reference points to the correct file and in other projects everything is fine. the projects builds successfully and gives this error right after that.If someone has an idea what is happening or some previous experience with such an error - please.Thank you in advance.  Bulgaria Did you install Linq on the server? Jef...

'TypeConverter' is unable to convert 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' to 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'.
Hey, I was hoping someone could shed some light on this error for me. I am using the TypeConverter in the System.ComponentsModel Namespace, and when I attempt to take an object, which in this case is a SQLConnection, and perform a TypeConvert (code example below) I get the following error: Error: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'TypeConverter' is unable to convert 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' to 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

convert type 'System.Data.DataSet' to 'System.Data.DataTable'
 I got this error  : Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataSet' to 'System.Data.DataTable' i have written code like thisDataTable dt = new DataTable(); dt = GetGalleryImages(name); Possibly coz GetGalleryImages returns a dataset and not a datatable? Try: DataSet ds = GetGalleryImages(name); what type does GetGalleryImages return?  If this returns a dataset then you will have to change datatable to dataset, then index the table of the dataset.Please mark as answer if you find helpful.Ustes G....

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\subject_info.aspx.vb(658): Value of type '1-dimensional array of System.Data.DataRow' cannot be converted to 'System.Data.DataRow'.
Hi everyone, I have a "select link" in one of the fields in the DataGrid. I want it retreive informations when i click on that link and display in the text box so i can modify data. The problem is i always have this error when i COMPILE: " Value of type '1-dimensional array of System.Data.DataRow' cannot be converted to 'System.Data.DataRow' ". Here's is my code: ************************************************ Private Sub UpdateDetails(ByVal uSubjectID As String) DaLecturer1 = Session("ds") Dim dt As DataTable = DaLectur...

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataTable' to 'System.Data.Dataset'
I am using an excel spreadsheet as a data source to build a dataset which is then used to populate a grid:  I am getting the following error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataTable' to 'System.Data.Dataset' Here's my code:private DataSet GetData(String description, String mpnumber, String link) { //MPData will represents the Data in Application Cache. We will use Cache Data //for performance purposes, because MP Information will not change often. I choose // to also use Dataset Filtering instead of SQL Server Filtering. However the DataAccess layer should // remain parameterized to allow others to filter the data in the database.DataSet MPData; //Get Cache if (Cache["MPData"] != null) {MPData = (DataSet)Cache["MPData"]; } else { //Get Data From Data Access and Cache try { //Get Data MPData = VFileDataGetter.GetMPData(description, mpnumber);   //Recreate the Item in Cache and hold for 30 minutes. Consider Adding to config fileCache.Insert("MPData", MPData, null, DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(CACHE_TIME), TimeSpan.Zero);   } catch { //Catch Error and return a Null Datasetreturn null; } } //Return Data Setreturn MPData; } Here is my code from DataAccess.cs: public class VFileData {public DataTable GetMPData(string searchMPNbr, string searchDescription) { // Create connection string variable.string sConnectionString = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(@"~\Ap...

Reference to type 'System.Web.Mvc.Controller' claims it is defined in 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions
 I can't get rid of this error during runtime Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS1705: Assembly 'MvcValidatorToolkit, Version=1.0.0.30828, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken...

Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible
I am getting error on this line DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Seelct * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata) //This line gives error Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Select * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata.Tables[0].Rows) //This line SHOULD NOT NOW give error The message actually explained EXACTLY what the error was. DataSet does not expose this method required to do a foreach. The Rows collection in the DataTable object does. Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
what is my problem? I'm working with GridView for sorting The error message is that "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'".... Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource How can I change the code above?   Well let's see, if your DataSource is a DataView, you can get its associated DataTable object using the .Table property: Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource.Table or in a land of strict typing:  Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = CType(GridView1.DataSource, System.Data.DataView).Table   Hope that helps! Marcie    http://www.datagridgirl.comNEW! http://www.gridviewgirl.com DataTable myTable; DataView MyView; DataSet ds = new DataSet();  // Bind dataGridView to DataView. MyView = (DataView)dataGridView1.DataSource;  // Bind  DataView to Table. myTable = (DataTable)MyView.Table; After this code you can add this table to dataset , I think this will help for You  ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
When I click the sort hyperlink, I got this error mesg: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.  in line 5.How do I fix this? Thanks. 1 Protected Sub GVCRlisting_Sorting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewSortEventArgs) Handles GVCRlisting.Sorting 2 GridViewSortExpression = e.SortExpression 3 Dim pageIndex As Integer = GVCRlisting.PageIndex 4 5 GVCRlisting.DataSource = SortDataTable(GVCRlisting.DataSource, False) 6 GVCRlisting.DataBind() 7 GVCRlisting.PageIndex = pageIndex 8 End Sub  My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)Progress - "Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." Plato I doubt this is the right way to do it, unless you have already bound the data earlier. What you need to do is to Re-populate your DataSource, and get the DataTable which you can then pass to the SortDataTable method. The GridView.DataSource property should not be used to retrieve the current data after a post (if at all possible?). GVCRlisting.DataSource = SortDataTable(GetMyDataTable(), False) GVCRlisting.DataBind() GVCRlisting.PageIndex = pageIndex  If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you! ngaisteve1:5 GVCRlisting.DataSource = Sor...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'.
Hi... I have a ListView which is nested in the ItemTemplate of another ListView. If a "status" value in the inner ListView = 1, then I'd like to hide the "Add to cart" link. However, the inner ListView's ItemDataBound event results in the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'." I've thoroughly searched the forums, but have not found a solution to this seemingly straightforward problem. Here is the code; the error occurs at line 8. 1 protected void L...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

The type arguments for method 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where<TSource>(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TSource>, System.Func<TSource,int,bool>)' cannot be inferred from the usage. Try specifying
Hi I get the error message above on the following piece of code: SPView _view = Web.Lists["Client Contact"].Views["All Items"];SPListItemCollection listItems = Web.Lists["Companies"].GetItems(_view);string CompanyChoice = default(string);string comp = "Company"; IEnumerable<string> FilteredLists = listItems.OfType<string>().Where(listItems[comp].ToString().Equals(CompanyChoice)); I get the error on the last line, I'm not enitrely sure why? Can anyone see where I am going wrong?  many thanks...

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection<SQLServerDAL.Product>' to 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection<BLL.Product>'
Here is my GetProducts method in the BLL   public static Collection<Product> GetProducts() {     return SQLServerDAL.Product.GetProducts(); }   which calls the GetProducts method in the DAL   public static Collection<Product> GetProducts() {       try        {             //Invoke a SQL command             using (IDataReader dataReader = db.ExecuteReader(CommandType.StoredProcedure, "Ten Most Expensive Products"))             {             Collection<Product> products = new Collection<Product>();                       while (dataReader.Read())                     {                         Product product = new Product();                           product.ProductName = dataReader.GetString(0);   &...

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'MySql.Data' does not match the assembly reference.
Environment: VS 2003 (VB.Net); Frame Work = .NET 1.1; MySQL 5.0; Connector .Net 1.0; Web Host: GoDaddy My application works fine and can connect to MySQL on my laptop. Made necessary changes in the connection string as siad by GoDaddy: Server=p....; Port=1234; database=MyDatabase; UID=MyUID; Pwd=MyPwd. I am geeting the error "The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'MySql.Data' does not match the assembly reference. " I have MySQL.data.dll in my bin. Please help me in successfully connecting to MySQL DB on GoDaddy. Please let me know if you need more in...

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'System.Drawing' does not match the assembly reference.
I downloaded a control called ASP popup from Eeeksoft. I then used this on my machine to create a web project. It worked fine. The project was then literally copied to the server. The problem is that I get the following error now The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'System.Drawing' does not match the assembly reference. and it highlights the code for the control. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. JagdipIntelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan) Solve it. I think the problem was with version numbers. ...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
 Hello everyone.i m facing Required field validators problem  with ajax.Validators works fine in my application when it runs  frm localhostBut when I deployed the application on server it stops working.the thing i was missing  <tagMapping> tag.  <tagMapping>        <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompareValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>   &n...

Error 92 Could not load type 'System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.
helloi'm a new  web developer i am trying to upgrad an esisting project fron visual studio 2003 to visual studio 2005 when trying to run the project i got that errorError    92    Could not load type 'System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.        so ....any idea?  Hi tamer, It looks like Visual Studio 2005 is still trying to load the class in the 1.0 version of assemblies. Could you try removing the...

Server Error in '/Webapp' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
 10 minutes ago, my web app worked fine.  Now it appears broken and I hadn't touched the web.config file.  Anyone know what might be going on here?  I checked my web server's .NET folder (C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework64\v2.0.50727) and there is indeed a system.data.dll file...  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Plea...

Cannot find assembly 'System.Data.Entity'.
I get the following message when I try to add an ADO.net Data Service to my web project: "Cannot find assembly 'System.Data.Entity'." I installed: Visual Studio Team System 2008 (Development Edition) ASP.net 3.5 Extensions CTP ADO.net Entity Framework 1.0 (Pre-Release Version) ADO.net Entity Framework Tools Preview Another interesting detail is that I have the following xml files in my "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5" but no corresponding DLLs: System.Data.Entity.xml System.Data.Entity.Design.xml Any ...

Error 92 Could not load type 'System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. #2
hello :i am tying to upgrad an existing project from visual studio 2003 to visual studio 2005and i get the following errorrError    92    Could not load type 'System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.        so does any one have any idea about the reason for it and how to fix it?  Hi, Please look at another of thread for more details: http://forums.asp.net/p/1210076/2139042.aspx#2139042Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft...

convert type 'System.Xml.XmlDataDocument' to 'System.Data.DataSet'
I am using XMLDataDocument in web services which returns XMLDataDocument using this XMLDataDocument for Dataset in application getting error Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Xml.XmlDataDocument' to 'System.Data.DataSet'  any idea  XmlDataDocument has DataSet property to get the document as a data set.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU  [WebMethod]    public XMLDataDocument xmldoc(DateTime x, DateTime y)    {        df = dateFrom;        dt = dateTo;   &...

Web resources about - System.Data.TypedTableBase`1<T0>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions. - asp.net.tips-tricks