How to get started with this starter kit

I' m a newbie n really do not know how to proceed. Is there any documents r tutorials related to this kit other than the book, so that I can quick start now untill I purchase the book.

I have downloaded the .zip file and opened it in Visual Studio 2008 with the version selector. The problem is one of the file called TBH_Deploy.wdproj could not be opened as it is not supported in this version.

How to get rid of this error. Could anyone please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Priya

0
priya_r
7/30/2008 11:28:26 AM
asp.net.thebeerhouse-kit 263 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need Web Deployment Projects for Visual Studio 2008 for that project to compile. Download and install that, and the error will go away.

Otherwise, you can safely ignore the error. The site will still run, but you won't be able to set up a deplyment project for it.

Visit my blog
0
Lee
7/30/2008 3:32:03 PM

Using VS 2008 would allow you to compile the code even though the error message is displayed on opening that project.

I also suggest you got through the wrox forums.

http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=261&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=desc&whichpage=15

0
varunnchopra
8/7/2008 5:09:49 AM

 Using VS2005 will allow you to do the same. It has nothing to do with the version of VS you're using; it has to do with not having Web Deployment Projects installed.

Visit my blog
0
Lee
8/7/2008 2:31:42 PM

 Thats true.

If answered. Mark as answered.
0
vnchopra

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

getting started with community starter kit
Hi I have just installed the community starter kit and i am very lost in the ocean. Basically i am looking for the files involved in the registration form of the community, and i cant find any in the solution provided. Where shd i look for users_registrationform.ascx and corresponding aspx. I cud only see register.cs and registerform.cs and i am vey handicapped with this only. am also looking for a way to prevent the redirection to the homepage the mmt user clicks on "register" button.. but i am not aware how to modify this below to achieve my purpose : if (result >...

TimeTracker Starter Kit as a subweb under the Personal Starter Kit
I am wanting to make the TimeTracker started kit as a subweb under the Personal Started Kit.  Is there any special way to do this or anything I should be worried about?  I am new to this and trying to develop a web application based off of these kits. ThanksChuck...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

Which starter kit should I start with?
I couldn't figure out the best place to post this question so I thought I'd post it here.  Recommendations on a better place to post this question would be cool.  Anyway . . . I want to start a church website and would like to know which starter kit I should start with.  I want a calendar, pictures, administrator role and just a general all around website for a church.  Thanks in advance for any input.  Snuckles Have a look at all of them and see which one has the most relevant features, but the Club Site kit may be the one. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/A...

how do i start the starters kit??
just downloaded the starterskit and unzipped it. i could instal it but how do i open it now? cuz i can't find anything but the link to install it does it work in VWD or on the internet through paypal? i don't know anymore and also i registered at the paypal thing but i can't enter the site, i resetted my pasword like 3 or 4 times now but still it doesn't work???? Hi Postergirl,Are you using the .NET 2.0 version? If so take a look at the forums at http://forums.commercestarterkit.org/and for a limited tine new forum members can get their CSK installed and hosted for an amazing $30 for 12 ...

Upgrade 4.0.0 Starter Kit to 4.0.1 Starter kit
I installed the 4.0.0 starter kit and upgraded a module I was working on from 3.1 with problems. However now that 4.0.1 has arrived I do not see how I can upgrade to it easily and the upgrade of starter kits does not seem to be mentioned in the 4.0.1 documentation? Could anybody please advise? Many thanks Richard. I'm in the same boat, can't find an easy way to upgrade my DNN site created with the starter kit version 4.0.0. I am thinking the only way to upgrade the portal is to download the install version of 4.0.1 and extract the zip over the existing files in the...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

IssueTracker Starter Kit with TimeTracker Stater Kit
Does anyone have the IssueTracker combined with the TimeTracker starter kit?  Both are semi-functional on their own, but if they were to be combined, that would be PERFECT!Willhttp://www.strohlsitedesign.com/http://www.WillStrohl.com/ Even better would be both together re-written in ASP.NET 2.0 :)  Does anyone know if an update for the issue tracker will be released?Mike______________________eDIY New Zealand NZ Webhosting Website Design and eCommerce CMS Software Yes!  We plan to upgrade either this year or next.  However, I would hope that any new versions of these g...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

Ebay starter Kit: Anyone got this kit Working?
I notice there are no threads for EBAY Starter kit. You can download it  @ http://developer.ebay.com/windows/starterkits/.Anyone got this kit working on VS2005?.yousaid Dear buddy Thanks for binging this starter kit to our notice. I hope the section for this starts soon here. thanks again. Paggy4u-----------------------------------------Working with Dynamic Languages I spent the weekend looking over this starter kit. Looks great and I have started work on integrating into the commerce starter kit for a full fledged Ecommerce site with Auction.Paypal is an Ebay company and ...

where to get a dating starter kit
hello to all. i need ur help in finding out the dating starter kit You would have to make your own. Starter kits are listed here: http://www.asp.net/community/projects/ Jeff  Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Web resources about - How to get started with this starter kit - asp.net.thebeerhouse-kit

Can't Stop This Thing We Started - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Can't Stop This Thing We Started " is a song by Canadian singer and songwriter Bryan Adams . The song was written by Adams and Robert John ...

Facebook On Advertising, Monetization During 3Q Earnings Call: We’re Just Getting Started
A common theme during Facebook’s third-quarter earnings call Tuesday was the fact that many of the social network’s monetization efforts launched ...

Almost finished with the first building. So let’s get started on another!
A little more than a year ago, we announced that Altoona would be the home for our newest data center. Since then, more than 460 people, mostly ...

Getting Started with the Facebook SDK for Android v3.0 - Facebook-Entwickler
%FB(devsite:image {"src": "[asset:469109233122209]", "width":136,...

Facebook Exchange: what it is and who to work with to get started
... they did not reply to our requests for information. AdRoll Self-serve software or managed services? Both. Minimum spend or cost to get started? ...

tonyhaile.com - Revolutions Started, Alligators Wrestled, Uprisings Quelled
I should say this is a story about an expedition, a grand adventure, a test of human endurance. I should say that. This is a story about failure. ...

Getting started with login verificati
... whose accounts have been compromised... Skip to main content Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs Getting started ...

iPhone 7 rumours have started already with facial recognition log-in
Of course, this won't come as a complete surprise to the biometrics industry as it has been predicted for some time and no doubt Samsung ...

How do I get started in angel investing?
Answer (1 of 9): For dealflow, check out Y Combinator and the other incubators that are popping up all over the world. Also check out AngelList. For ...

Twist and Go - Everything you need to get started on a scooter on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Twist and Go - Everything you need to get started on a scooter. ...