BlogEngine.net - An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException'

I have download blogengine.net but when I went to save the setting, i got an error mesg saying,

An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in System.Xml.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\molweb96\Desktop\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngine.Web\app_data\settings.xml' is denied.

Anyone encountered this problem before? I have given full permission for app_data folder.

My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net

"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)

Progress - "Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." Plato
0
ngaisteve1
11/21/2007 9:59:57 AM
asp.net.text-blogs 1029 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
My code is below:Protected Sub btnSendMsg_OnClick(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) Dim myMessage As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim myAttachment As System.Net.Mail.Attachment Dim myMail As System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient If Page.IsValid() Then myMessage.From = txtFromEmail.Text myMessage.To = txtToEmail.TextWhat can I do to fix this? MailMessage.To represents a collection that you Add addresses to.Dim recipient As MailAddress= new MailAddress(txtToEmail.Text) myMessage.To.Add(recipient)    Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~...

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.webservicex.net'
Hi , i gota error weni sued webservice the exception details is given as subject and here a giving the code i hav written i am beginner so pls help me out in this public partial class Weather : System.Web.UI.Page {string City; string Country;StockQuote stock = new StockQuote();  GlobalWeather oObj = new GlobalWeather();   string var;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {       }protected void btnGo_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  var= stock.GetQuote("GVK");this.Response.Write("myQuote='" + var ...

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.
This is my first time working without a datagrid, formview, or detail view to display data returned from my sql db and I'm trying to figure out how to deal with some null values.   I have a vb.net page with a few textboxes and radio buttons.  I have a query in my codebehind that returns data based on a value in a query string.  As long as data is present for each field, the page loads fine, but if a field is null, I get this error message  Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.N...

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Byte[]'.
Hi All, I am trying to retrieve a Picture from an SQL 2005 database. Here is my code:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim ListingID As String = (Request.QueryString("GUID")) 'Connect to the database and bring back the image contents & MIME type for the specified pictureUsing myConnection As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionStringListings").ConnectionString) Const SQL As String = "SELECT [Pic1Ext], [Picture1] FROM [Listings] WHERE [ListingID] = @ListingID"C...

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'
Hello , I am a data table with null able Columns.I am not able to catch the value for DBNull. I did set a value to be returned as empty in dataset. Here is the code where i am trying to catch.1 public List GetStores() 2 { 3 List tmpStore = new List(); 4 StoresService.shopDBDataSet.StoresDataTable stores = 5 storesService.GetStores(); 6 for (int i = 0; i < stores.Count ; i++) 7 { 8 Store store = new Store(); 9 store.StoreID = stores[i].StoreID...

Object of type 'System.Boolean' cannot be converted to type 'System.Int16'.
I have a Checkbox on a detailsview bound to a small int field in my database table.It binds fine when showing the item template on the detailsview, but when I try do an insert/update it blows up with that error.Surely I can bind a checkbox to an integer field, so that unchecked translates to 0, and checked translates to 1?The reason I use a smallint, is its future-proof.  If we decided to switch to a status instead off/on in the future, there are less changes required.  As long as 0 is False and any other value is considered True you should be able to bind the value like this: C...

Object of type 'System.DBNull' cannot be converted to type 'System.DateTime'.
Hi, How can I pass null values to a system.datetime? Thanks in advance for the help J   Below is my code:   Public Class Courses     Public Sub Update_Class(ByVal ClassId As Integer, _    ByVal StatusId As Integer, _    ByVal ClassNumber As Integer, _    ByVal TeacherId As Integer, _    ByVal AmountofParticipants As Integer, _    ByVal CourseDate1 As DateTime, _    ByVal CourseDate2 As DateTime, _    ByVal CourseDate3 As DateTime)     Dim myConnection As New SqlConnection(Conn...

'ds.SqlCacheDependency' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
Hi guys, As a follow up on my previous question: http://forums.asp.net/t/1336003.aspx I would like to know if any of you have an answer to the problem with the SqlCacheDependency throwing an System.NotSupportedException when trying to update using an AccessDataSource? Thanks :) /Ole   Since the SqlCacheDependency is not supported by Access, any attempt to make use of it through an AccessDataSource control will result in a NotSupportedException: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.accessdatasource.sqlcachedependency.aspx.  The mystery is why ...

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.HttpInputStream' to type 'System.IO.FileStream'
I am trying to create a webpage that takes a file that someone want to upload and chop the file into smaller pieces, and then put back together again.  I have been trying to convert some code I found on Codeproject (FileSplitMerge).  They did it with VB which is what I want to use but it is a project not a web site so...  The problem that I am running into is I keep getting an error when I try to set: FileStream = HttpPostedFile.InputStream (I am using variables in my code) but I keep getting an error of: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Sys...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.
Hi there, If I add a new event and leave the description field empty the StarterKit seems to throw a big wobbly over the null values in my DB (SQL2000). Have I made a mistake in the installation or something? The problem lies in this line: SharedRoutines.truncate((string)Eval("description")) because description is Null. I want to sort this in this line and I don't want to reply on validators? This is a known issue reported in the Identified Bugs and Fixes for the ClubSite Starter Kit post. I don't think there is one definitive answer. Search on your error message and you'll fin...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'
I have received the following error when I am logged in as administrator.  I wanted to test the load event feature.  Allows me to load and save new event.  I can view event on location view page but when I try to link to "list or calender" view I receive this error "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.  Debug highlights the <asp:HyperlinkID as errored line. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Brian   <DayEventTemplate> <div style="padding: 3px;"> <asp:Hyper...

Web resources about - BlogEngine.net - An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' - asp.net.text-blogs