Why the session variables always disappear?

Hi, I have developed an application which need to user login. After login successful, I put the login name in session. Then I redirect to another page. When i reach that page, the session variabled is disappeared and the session ID also changed. Any solution? Thanks!
0
yi

What mode of session state are you using? InProc?

Checkout the Robustness section on this FAQ
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=7504
Patrick Long
0
paddeo

State management upon session variable changes
I noticed that whenever a session variable is changed...the application knows about it and suddenly restarts session. My question is does restart "ALL" sessions or only the active sessions for which the variables changed? Imagine a "multi-user" application all with different states and an administration panel that lets you change session variables.  In this case, my question has to do with the question that if Company X changes his session variables, will only Company X's sessions be reset or will all "sessions" be reset?  Hope that makes sense. ...

Session variables vs. Session States
What is the difference and in what situations are they used. Thanks, Mattypee A session state (the state of your session) holds your session variables. If your session state expires (due to inactivity) then you lose your session variables...and any other info stored for that session. If you need to store USER specific information within a web app, then session variables are one(of several) ways to do it. MajorCatsMajorCats Is there any code that you could show that would give an example? Thanks, Mattypee example of what? reading and writing session variables? ...

Opinions on Viewstate vs. Session variable for state management on dataset
I came across many sample codes that using ViewState(myDataSet) and Session("myDataSet"). Which is a better way to use to keep the session around. What are the pros and cons? Anybody can share with your experience or thoughts? Thanks, teresa Take a loot at this article: State Management in Web Forms http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2004/Feb/StateManagementInWebForms.aspDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Session State Variables across multi sessions
I am having an issue where I save my DataTable into a Session Variable:   Session["dtDMFile"] = dtDMFile; Different users can use the web form that I created. Once the data is loaded,I send the DataTable to the session variable. My problem is that when I go to reload the data in the table, it is taking the data from the last user who stored the DataTable instead of from the particular user on their browser. For instance, User 1 (machine 1) loads data with field contents of: field1  field2  field3 User 2 (machine 2), then loads data with field contents of: f...

When does Session.Abandon remove session variables (.NET 1.1)?
I have a logout function which includes session.abandon. This also (correctly) removes any session variables I've created if I look at them on the next page load. However, if I examine these variables immediately after the session.abandon call, they still exist with their current values. Where in the page life cycle does session.abandon actually remove these variables? Thanks in advance.  -- ZLA  After you have called Abandon() method, current session becomes invalid, but new session will be created on the next request. If you need to remove all values from session coll...

Loosing session state when I call a session variable from a derivated class
Hi folks I'm having an annoying problem. I have a web application which is used to edit some database data. The databases content may be in various languages, having one database for each language. I load a database calling it by the database name and the language suffix (for example: database_eng, when 'eng' is the laguage variable). So, I need to set a session variable 'Language', which is used in any webpage that calls information from a database. The problem I have is in some classes, which stores some methods to obtain information from databases. These clas...

Managing Session State
 Hi, Is there a way to set how long a session variable persists before it is destroyed?  I use forms based authentication on my site, but some events are based on particular session variables, and often times the session variable will be destroyed if the user leaves the session idle for a few minutes.  Can I configure my site so that session variables stick around until the forms authentication session is over?  Or, is it possible to set an event that triggers when the session state expires or when the session variables are destroyed that redirects to the login page?...

Session State Management
Which is the better option? Storing Session In Process .. Same process as the Web Server Storing Session State in a Windows Service .... ASP.NET State Storing Session State in Database. I am debating the pro's and con's of the three, basically it is for providing the typical who is online and what portion of the site they are visiting at the moment. I am tempted to use the Windows Service and run in on a secondary box.    AngeloA Hi,I moved your post from the FAQ forum to here as the FAQ forum is for posting answers to commonly asked questions, not asking questions.Ryan...

Session Variables Disappearing
I am adding values to the Session object, i.e. Session("username") = "Dave". But these values seem to randomly disappear. During debugging I noticed that Session("username") sometimes gets the value Nothing. Has anyone ever experienced this. I have set the Timeout property of Session to 120, so the session timing out isn’t the problem.  I have noticed that on the machine that I get this problem on, that there are 2 or more w3wp.exe services running when I start the application, when normally I would expect to see only one. Could this be part of the problem? Hi, Since you mentio...

Session state variable
First post. ASP programmer new to ASP.NET (VB)... Hi! Is there any reason I am unable to set up a session variable within as per code below?  I seem to be able to set up a session variable within Page_Load sub but not within the GridView1_RowDataBound sub.  The label1.text works fine though.   Protected Sub GridView1_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowDataBound If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then Dim MyUserID As Integer MyUserID = CType(...

Session State disappearance
I'm currently having a few complications with the Session State. From viewing the Trace I notice that while testing out a control that I have written, the Session state randomly disappears. It does not only happen at a specific situation within the page, but occurs randomly (still only localized to that page). Can anyone give any reasons as to why the Session State could just disappear, i know that it is not due to timeouts as the state disappears at different random times. Some of my other pages also use the same session state and don't seem to have any of these problems. I forgot ...

Session Variable Disappeared
Hello, I'm using MasterPages to create the layout for all of the pages in my project. Before I converted the Default.aspx page over to the masterpage format this worked. I have two pages, login.aspx and default.aspx, of course I'm using Forms Authentication. All that works fine, you try to get to default it prompts for login. Well I used a custom function for the login, it compares data entered to that in a database, if it passed it also returns a variable containing there Trust Level. (String) At the end of the Button Submit Click but before I redirect the authenticated user t...

Session variable disappeared
Hi everyone, I used form authentication and have the user login to a site. If (validateUser(ID, password)) Then FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(ID, False) Session("AdminID") = ID Else ErrorLabel.Visible = True End If In a page, I have the following logic: Dim adminID As String = Session("AdminID") If (adminID Is Nothing) Then reportError("Session(""AdminID"") is not defined. Did the program was left idle for a long time???") End If ...

Session Variable Disappears
We have a recurring problem with our ASP app. We store a simple "User" object as a Session variable. It just has username, password etc. It is used to connect to our WCF services. As soon as the user object disappears, the session must be terminated because the session can no longer cal WCF. For some reason the variable just seems to disapear from the session state at some points in the application. We can't figure out what triggers this to happen. The actual ASP session seems to be maintained, but the variable disappears. We have the Session.Timeout set to 1440 (24 Hours)...

Web resources about - Why the session variables always disappear? - asp.net.state-management

Disappears - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Analyst: Facebook To ‘Disappear’ Like Yahoo In Five To Eight Years
No Facebook by 2020? That’s how one analyst sees it, comparing the next few years for the social network to the past few years for Yahoo . continued… ...

Robert Scoble - Why is the PRISM story going to disappear... - Facebook
Why is the PRISM story going to disappear within two weeks? 30,000+ people die in cars every year in the US. We don't care. We get into cars ...

‘Custom user clusters’ feature appears and disappears from Facebook ad tool
Some Facebook users temporarily saw a link to a new feature called “custom user clusters” within the self-serve ad tool last week. Facebook ...

When Product Features Disappear - Amazon, Apple, Tesla and the Troubled Future for 21st Century Consumers ...
... and update and improve automatically. For software, gone are the days of having to buy a new version of physical When Product Features Disappear ...

Day 250 - Disappear - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I spent the day shopping with my grandma and Lewis because she was treating us to early presents as she won't be here for our birthday. I got ...

Nanoantenna Invisibility Cloak Makes 3D Objects Disappear - YouTube
This short video clip shows how the activation of a metasurface cloak made from an ultrathin layer of nanoantennas can render a 3D object invisible. ...

Elderly man disappears during Chinese New Year parade in Sydney
The family of an elderly man who went missing from a busy street in Sydney's CBD during Chinese New Year celebrations on the weekend say they ...

Boy disappears off Sydney beach (01:35)
The frantic search continues for a five-year-old boy after he disappeared into the water at Sandringham on Sunday afternoon. Nine News.

How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear
Business Insider Australia How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear Business Insider Australia It's all really ...