Trying to pass values from one control to another control

I have 2 controls on my page. CaseList and Email Reviwer.

CaseList contain a datagrid that when the button (5th column) is clicked 2 values should be passed to the email revier control.

In the email Reviwer Control I have declared:

I have:

public void sendCaseIdCatId(int catid,int caseid)
{
ViewState["EmailReviewerCategoryId"] = catid;
ViewState["EmailReviewerCaseid"] = caseid;

}

in my EmailReviwer control

I tried:

//Display the email reviewer panel
EmailCaseReviewer.Visible=true;
string strcatid = e.Item.Cells[1].Text.ToString();
string strcaseid = e.Item.Cells[0].Text.ToString();
int catid = int.Parse(strcatid);
int caseid = int.Parse(strcaseid);

sendCaseIdCatId sciCi = new sendCaseIdCatId(catid,caseid);

sciCi. does not display anymethos in the intellisense.

I also tried:
protected EmailReviewer emailreviewer;

and tried
EmailReviwer er = new EmailReviwer();
er. // did not allow any methods to be displayed.

0
sanjeet

How to pass control values from one ascx user-control to another???
Our site is set up using a primary default aspx page that is used as the "base page" for everything. On this page, we dynmaically place various user controls at run-time. This gives us a functionality similar to using frames where the outer-frame actually just sits there while various webfiles are loaded inside of it. Works great except for one thing... trying to figure out the best way to pass control names/values accross user controls. When the same usercontrol is posting back to itself this is a non issue. So far most of our functionality has worked well using the local...

Pass value from one User Control to another User Control
I have tried to pass value from one user control to another user control. Because of Page Auto Postback, Contrls are load before page is loaded. So I get the value in 2nd UC after one more post back operation. I have visited many suggessions but I cant solve this. Is anyone can help me to solve this. Thank U mfhossain@gmail.com Muhmmad Fakhrul HossainEmail: mfhossain@gmail.comPhone: +88 01715 111512Web: http://www.mfhossain.info You'd have to do that through the parent probably in it's Page_Load event handler.   userControl1.publicProperty = userControl2.publicProperty;  ...

Pass 1 control value to another control value
I have this form, is the detailsview, and in edit mode, I have a link that you click to open up a small dhtml window (not a new window but more like a layer so everything is on the same page).  When I select an item from the dhtml window, it puts the value into a textbox.  I then have a button I click and I want to pass that value from that textbox to the textbox in the detailsview.  When I click the button, the value is not passed. Here is the code I use for getting the value from the dhtml window and assigning it to the detailsview textbox: If e.CommandName = "pi...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

Passing value from one control to another and inserting that value in a table
Hey all, sorry if the subject is confusing or has already been covered, but I have (obviously) a problem (at least one).This is using:Visual Studio 2005ASP.NET 2.0SQL Server 2005 ExpressVisual Basic I'm building a CRM system for my company and have run into a snag when attempting to add new customer records for a given client. The first thing that any CSR (or admin) must do upon accessing the CRM system is choose which client's customers they are actually working with (we have multiple clients and are ultimately responsible for providing customer service to the clients' end ...

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework about state management and serialization problem, it works OK with one XML file but fails with another XML file
I use Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework , you can see details at http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/archive/2008/10/27/microsoft-chart-control-for-net-framework-released.aspx The Chart1 is load data from a xml and save to ViewStateData, so even if after I click Reload button, the chart1 still display OK! I'm very strange that the chart1 works well after click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Load(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/Template/1.xml"));but chart1 don't display fter click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Loa...

Setting control values from one user control to another
I have two user controls on a page.  Control 1 is view. Control2 is search.  User selects value on Control2 and I want to update Control1(View).  I cannot find syntax to change values on Control1 from Control2.  The following is function on Control1 that is called from Control2 after pageInit and load on Control1.  I have tried many many ways to findControl but all fail. 'Function on Control1 called from Control2 after Control1 PageInit/load:         Public Function loadForm...

change format of one control based on value of another control
Hi, I am very new to ASP.net and need some help with an odd requirement.  We use Visual Web Developer for all our work and have built our corporate intranet around it.  On our home page we have a hyperlink to our IT departments status page (traffic light system), we want to change the colour of the hyperlink text to be the same as the most serious traffic light on the other page (may be even flash the text for "red" issues)? Our IT department directly edit the traffic light network status page themselves, via a text editor, so the hyperlink on the home page needs to pic...

passing a controls state from one page to another
hi, i have a menu-control, which is used in more then one page. no i want to save the state of the menu (which item is selected i.e.) in page 1 and read it again from page 2 to keep the selection alive? the selection should be down by clicking hyperlinks in the menu control. are there other ways apart from querystring?regardsAlex You may try Session variable.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. thanks, how about performance when having much users and session objects?regardsAlex i think, there is another problem: when clicking on a h...

How do you pass a value from one user control to another?
There must be an example of this somewhere but if there is I can't find it. I have a web form containing 2 user controls. The first displays a list of people. The user selects the person they are interested in and details of that person are to be displayed in the second user control. What is the best way of passing the selected item from the first user control to the second. I can do it with session variables, but there must be a better way than that. thanks You can use properties for that.User Controlprivate string m_Person;public string Person{    get {...

To pass values from one user control to another
Hi,       I have a page where there is a user control. inside that user control(let's say Usercontrol1) i have another user control(lets say Usercontrol2). in the usercontrol2 i have a tree and a button. When the page gets loaded first the treeview in the usercontrol2 should not get populated only when i click on a button in the Usercontrol1, then only the treeview in the Usercontrol2 should get populated. also i want to pass the text of a selected treenode when i click on the usercontrol2's button to a textbox in the userc...

Passing values from one web control to another.
I'm trying to pass a value from one user control to another. Basically, the first user control selects an id number and then the second user control takes that id number and updates a record in a database. I have the second control set up to accept values using public string idnumber; public string IDnumber { set { idnumber = value; } } The second user control has two buttons that do postbacks, depending on which is clicked, a value is updated in the database identified by this number. The problem I am having is that before I click th...

Web resources about - Trying to pass values from one control to another control - asp.net.state-management

Now you can control your GoPro Camera from Apple Watch
One of the nicest features of the GoPro camera is the ability to control it using the iPhone app. With the GoPro App , you can easily control ...

Control a car's features with a glance? Not science fiction
Filed under: Emerging Technologies , Infotainment , Technology Press a button to change your car's climate controls? Turn a knob to view your ...

Arizona leaders welcome 'Leave No Child Behind' successor, less federal control
azcentral.com Arizona leaders welcome 'Leave No Child Behind' successor, less federal control azcentral.com The Senate gave final approval ...

FTC and healthcare cost control
... Pennsylvania, and lead to reduced quality and higher health care costs for the area’s employers and residents….the merged entity would control ...

Google seems more determined than ever to take control of Android
... to ad money. However, Google grabbed the lion’s share of the smartphone market by giving Android away. That means it lost the ability to control ...

How to control your iPhone by just tilting your head
... the best sight, hearing, or motor functions to still use iOS to its fullest capabilities — but they can also be used to customize your controls. ...

Fox Presents Ben Stein As An Awesome, Stupendous Gun Control Genius
Fox News host Neil Cavuto was super-impressed with “great writer and thinker” Ben Stein's opposition to gun control. “The problem is not gun ...

White House: We’re Not Going To Wait Until Something Happens To Pass Gun Control
Reporter: 'Where any of the recent mass shooters on the no-fly list?' Earnest: 'Not that I'm aware of'

The NFL Should Seize Control Of The Cleveland Browns
Drew Magary’s Thursday Afternoon NFL Dick Joke Jamboroo runs every Thursday during the NFL season. Email Drew here . Read more...