State management upon session variable changes

I noticed that whenever a session variable is changed...the application knows about it and suddenly restarts session.

My question is does restart "ALL" sessions or only the active sessions for which the variables changed?

Imagine a "multi-user" application all with different states and an administration panel that lets you change session variables.  In this case, my question has to do with the question that if Company X changes his session variables, will only Company X's sessions be reset or will all "sessions" be reset?  Hope that makes sense.

 Thanks in advance.

Mike

0
codeaholic

One more thing to clarify this.  The session variables would be dynamically loaded.  ie, Company X sets one set of Session variables whereas Company Y has a different set of values for the same "named" session varables.

0
codeaholic
6/20/2007 9:38:58 PM

HI, Mile:

What do you mean 'suddenly restarts session'? As far as i know, if you modify somthing in the source file or config file, it will cause a application recycle and the session variables will lose. I am not sure that changing the session variable will restart the session instance for the user. Maybe i have some mistakes in my understanding. Would you please clarify more about your question, thanks.

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex

Opinions on Viewstate vs. Session variable for state management on dataset
I came across many sample codes that using ViewState(myDataSet) and Session("myDataSet"). Which is a better way to use to keep the session around. What are the pros and cons? Anybody can share with your experience or thoughts? Thanks, teresa Take a loot at this article: State Management in Web Forms http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2004/Feb/StateManagementInWebForms.aspDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

about session state management
i am new in this field and i want to know , how can i manage login state management in web application . what namespace and attribute and property should i use. please reffer me   Check these links.. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/879kf95c.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178331.aspx http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/security/login.aspxMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." check out previous discussion http://forums.asp.net/p/1131994/1798030.aspx  Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Bl...

Session State Management
Which is the better option? Storing Session In Process .. Same process as the Web Server Storing Session State in a Windows Service .... ASP.NET State Storing Session State in Database. I am debating the pro's and con's of the three, basically it is for providing the typical who is online and what portion of the site they are visiting at the moment. I am tempted to use the Windows Service and run in on a secondary box.    AngeloA Hi,I moved your post from the FAQ forum to here as the FAQ forum is for posting answers to commonly asked questions, not asking questions.Ryan...

Managing Session State
 Hi, Is there a way to set how long a session variable persists before it is destroyed?  I use forms based authentication on my site, but some events are based on particular session variables, and often times the session variable will be destroyed if the user leaves the session idle for a few minutes.  Can I configure my site so that session variables stick around until the forms authentication session is over?  Or, is it possible to set an event that triggers when the session state expires or when the session variables are destroyed that redirects to the login page?...

Session state managment
Can anyone refer me to a session state managment book and security practices if there is anything like that out their. Pelease check these sites. You may find them helpful. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163730.aspx http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2964.html http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=249 http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=31842&seqNum=3 http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/42075.htmPlease Mark As Answer if it helps you!...

Easy explanation on Stateless management and State management
Hi,  Till now, me still confuse to understand Stateless management and State management. Can anybody explain to me in an easy understand with example? stateless - you cannot persist any values on frequent page request and response. state mgmt - you can retain values on subsequent calls. have a look at this http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1049585.html"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" hi, The World Wide Web, on the other hand, is intrinsically stateless because each request for a new Web page is processed without any kn...

Session State Management #2
I have used Forms Authentication in my web application. And settings for session in Web.cofig is as follows <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="10" /> I want to redirect to my "Login.aspx" after session gets expire. My session variables are intialized in Login.aspx. Actually I have gone thrugh all this site, but could not get satisfaction. Please help me out for the same. Thanks in advance Regards, Kiran Hi,try to add Server.Transfe...

session state management help
If im storing sessions as 'session.contents("mysession") = "this is the text in my session" And i want to change the length of time before it timesout, is this a custom session? how would i set the timeout in the web.config file?i dont know what providers to use, i want it to be about an hour, so timeout="60"can anyone help?thanks Hi Friend, Here is the option to set the session time out.. 1. In Web.config like..            <sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="60" cookieless=...

How is session states managed in detail?
When I run the example http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/apps/session1/VB/session1.aspx on http://asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx for session state with cookies switch of for my browser, I expected to se the session_id in the url when I press the button, but I never se anything why ?After changing the background color I open a new window with explorer and start the example again, and guess what, the new example has the color changed too. I thought that I was starting a new session, but obviously I was not. How could the server know that? may be a prox...

State Management; .Net Profiler
Here is the situation with the customized profiler. I got a profiler class called SSOProfileProvider inheriting from ProfileProvider. I've implemented the Initilization, GetPropertyValues and SetPropertyValues. The Get... and Set.. are making a call to the database to store profile into the database. This class has been stored in the separate DLL called "Security.DLL" and there is a web site that is using this dll. The web.Config for this website is as follow:<profile enabled="true" inherits="AppProfileBase" defaultProvider="SSO" automat...

Out Of Process Session state management
Hi,My web application is based on ASP.NET 2.0 with C#, SQL Server 2005. We are using InProc session state management. When the user logs in I am  storing some basic user information like userid, emailaddress, customerid, account no is the session variables. This information frequently required in several pages of the application. The application is hosted in a web farm.  I have often heard and read that applications hosted in web farm should use Out of process session state management. Would using State Service be a good option? Is it reliable? If I decide change to OutofProce...

Manage Session State
 Hi,i am trying to solve out consistency of arrays at .NET ASP  by using Session object.To be more specific, i have an aspx file  with an ajax timer. Every time the timer refreshes the page,i want to store a value to my array. The value is not specific. How can this array be available at all pages?Is there any other way besides the use of Session object? Thank you in advance   Session object will be available in all pages and specific to each user.  Application object will be available to all pages, but will be specific to the application (meaning all use...

Session management
Hi, We are planning to use state server for maintaining session in our application since we are going for web farm installation. Could anyone please clarify the following queries 1) Assume we are installing our application in server 1 and server 2. Should I run state service in both the servers. Or there is an option of running service in Server 1 and point server 1 and server 2 to the service running in server1? 2) Somewhere in the article I read to maintain session variables all the pages in the application should be in one directory only. Is that true? If it is true how do we mainta...

Session state timeout management
Hello all !There is one solution that is eluding me when it comes to the built in session timeout functionality in ASP.NET. What I have currently:A SessionCheck class that checks if a user session is timed out (using IsSessionNew() in conjuction with checking if there is a session cookie present etc.). Works fine and my system that measures the time users are logged in, covers this situation as long as the users "log in" (TimeIn), and subsequently "log out" when they are done (TimeOut). What I am not able to cover so far, is when the user is timed out from x min's of ...

Web resources about - State management upon session variable changes - asp.net.state-management

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

TDM Asset Management reveals the importance of culture for investing
By investing on its own terms, TDM Asset Management is challenging the norms of funds management.

Ex-employee: Rare’s management to blame for Kinect focus, not Microsoft
... But in an interview with Eurogamer , ex-Rare designer and current Playtonic studio director Gavin Price explained that it was Rare's management ...

Video Of The Week: Community Based Portfolio Management
My colleague Brittany Gorevic gave a talk at the Slush Conference a last month about how we use community to help our portfolio help each other. ...

Apple CEO Cook Slams Tax Policy on ’60 Minutes’; Street Reviews Management Shuffle
Coming up this weekend on “60 Minutes,” Apple ( AAPL ) CEO Tim Cook talks with Charlie Rose on a number of topics, including repatriation of ...

Seattle firm Rainier Investment Management acquired for $3B
Seattle-based Rainier Investment Management on Friday announced plans to will be acquired by New York-based Manning & Napier, Inc. (NYSE: MN) ...

Donald Trump and a Lesson in Bully Management 101
I worked with a guy like Donald Trump. He wasn't super rich and he didn't run for President but he shared Trump's love of the outrageous brag ...