Session timeout less than the time set in "timeout"

I created a web application and i set the session timeout to be 10 minutes. However, i found that sometime the session already timeout  less than 5 minutes. So far i only have 3 users to test this system. But this system is suppose to be used by 200 users. I really cannot imagine what will happen by that time.

Anyone know what is the reason for that? My RAM is about 2 GB and no other application will take so much memory in my web server.
Thanks!
0
rain1178

If you're using InProc mode, then most likely you're experiencing an app or worker process reload.  See this FAQ:

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=7504
Patrick Y. Ng

ASP.NET Developer

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

0
Patrick
5/21/2003 11:12:58 PM
does this code work with who is online?
0
allaboutsingles_free
6/7/2003 9:53:22 PM
My problem is solved. It is related to real time antivirus s/w installed in my server. So, i set the antivirus s/w not scan to web.config and global.asax. Now my application will not encouter this problem again.

Thanks Patrick! :)
0
rain1178

<sessionState timeout="x"/> vs <forms timeout="y"/>
How to configure web app: x=y x>y x<y ?...

sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="20" ; from which time it counts 20 minutes?
    <sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="20"/>. The above line in web.config says that a session will  be kept in a my applications memory only up to 20 minutes.   BUT from which time it counts 20 minutes? Is it from the time the session is first loaded? Or based on any other time? suppose at 10:00am you hit the application it starts counting 20 min from  10:00amafter 10:15am you clicked on submit button, web application will rollback the count and keep counting next 20min from 10:15  So from 10:15 to 10:35 you d...

How to set a "connection timeout" ?
I don't know what the right name is for this, but let me explain: I have a window which have to connect to several servers in order to get on-line data. This servers are connected via internet(VPN). It works fine, except when some server is not online. It takes too much time to show the status offline for that server. My question is, is there some trick to tell PB try to connect to the server for only, let's say 2 seconds, and if not answer then abort? Hope it makes sense. Thanks in advance. upps.. forgot to mention, using ASE 12.5 - 15.0 and PB 8.0.0.4 & ...

"Connection Timeout" and "Unresponsive Script" responses
Name: Kevin J. Macdonald Email: kevindotjdotmacdonaldatmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Connection Timeout" and "Unresponsive Script" responses Comments: The following is complicated by the fact that my current Internet access is through my landlord's WiFi LinkSys Router to a DSL Cable Hi-Speed (100Mbps) connection, that is, in iteself, flakey. However, I upgraded my SpyBot application from 1.4.x to 1.5 AND my NoScript Firefox extension from 1.3.x to 1.4 all on the same night (running FF2.0.0.8 under WinXP SP2 with all current updates). From that ...

Migrating Session "In proc" from "State Server"
Hi all, I am using Asp.net with vb.net I just migrate the session state In proc to State server... but it gives error.... "Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'" I just stored Login Name and some other string properties of User is session ... like, Session("UserName") = strUserName or Session("UserType") = strUserType. "strUserName" and "strUserType" both are string. Any idea ? thanks, SajjadPlease Mark as Answer, if the post Solve you...

Displaying a "session timeout" page
Hi all, I'm working on my first ever ASP.Net project in Visual Web Developer 2005. I don't have any previous background in web development (have worked with desk top apps in VB6 previously). What I'd like to do is to display a browser page to tell the client if their session has expired (timed out) and they need to log on again. I've set my session state to "InProc" within the Web.Config and lowered the session timeout value to 1 minute so I can test more easily. The Session_End event is firing correctly in my Globals.aspx but the problem is that I don't know how to get a "...

Redirecting user to the "timeout.aspx" page when the timeout
I am using code to create a cookie for the user how can I redirect the user when the cookie timeout: This is my code: if(userName != null && userName != "")                 {                     // Make the isEditable property to true                     DesktopControls.IsEditable = true;              &nbs...

Httpcontext.Current.Session["foo"]="foo" results in "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
I tried to set a session variable in a App_Code class:  Httpcontext.Current.Session["foo"]="foo"; but I keep getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. How can I access Session object in a class file which is not part of a .aspx file? You are using c# right? System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["foo"] = "foo"; //for c#System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session("foo") = "foo"; //for vb Your syntax is correct for setting a session variable inside a class file. Is session enabled for y...

What is a "Session" and a "Request" ??
Hello,  I'm new to ASP.Net 2.0 , and I still can't understand what is a "Session" and what is a "Request" ??   Thank You the client browser will request a page and the Request object will give you information about what page they are requesting. the session is a statebag where you can store information that will continue to exist after the page has executed.  information can be added to the Session in page A and then read back from the Session in page B.  the session object is unique per user - so one users does not see data stored b...

Sometimes "~/" and other times "../" Why?
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. I have found that sometimes when I reference files (in aspx pages or vb pages) on the site from within subfolders, all I have to do to designate the path is say, "~/images/test.jpg" which I assume says "Go to the root directory, then to the images folder."  Other times I have to use "../images/test.jpg" to make it work (go up one level from this subfolder, then got to the images subfolder."  Why doesn't the "~/" convention work all the time?  Thanks for the help.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News...

How To Set "Trial Application" and "Bound To This Machine" .NET application only
Hi, This is the first time I made a web application for a client. Since he has not paid me, what should I do so that the application will terminate within x days starting from the day I install the application in his server ? And is it possible to make application works on his server only ? I don't want the files copied without my permission.   Thank you very much for your attention.  ===================================Don't Quote And Flame Me If I Am Wrong===================================...

Session timeout : "sys.webforms.pagerequestmanagerservererrorexception"
Hello there,  i have a severe problem in asp.net framework 2.0 so please anyone who have a real answer please send me back.   the problem is when my session timeout time ends and am in an ajaxenabled website page the following error appear eventhough am not in debug mood: "sys.webforms.pagerequestmanagerservererrorexception: an unknown error occurred while processsing the request on the server. the status code returned from the server was: 500."   so please any help around here il be gratfull ........   thanks in advanceSALO ZA SOLO You get this er...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Web resources about - Session timeout less than the time set in "timeout" - asp.net.state-management