Session State Variables across multi sessions

I am having an issue where I save my DataTable into a Session Variable:
  Session["dtDMFile"] = dtDMFile;

Different users can use the web form that I created. Once the data is loaded,I send the DataTable to the session variable.

My problem is that when I go to reload the data in the table, it is taking the data from the last user who stored the DataTable instead of from the particular user on their browser.
For instance,
User 1 (machine 1) loads data with field contents of:
field1  field2  field3
User 2 (machine 2), then loads data with field contents of:
fieldA  fieldB  fieldC

If user 1 goes back to get their data, User 2's data shows in the datagrid:
fieldA  fieldB  fieldC

I thought that Session variables were available only to the browser and not the application. What am I missing?
0
dnkenyon

Your understanding of Session variables is correct, so I wonder if it's related to caching for your DataTable or datasource in general.  Also, this symptom may possibly arise if you're working with Global Application level somewhere (i.e. common routine perhaps)?  If not, then I'm lost like you.
0
jcasp
2/16/2006 6:30:51 PM
I am not using the GAC (though I do have some common routines).

But, I think I have found the issue.

When I first created the application, I was had the DataView set as a Static variable. I think this caused it to be static for all users.

When I removed the static and just made it protected, I had to go through and set the DataTable everytime I wanted to use the DataView.

Now, I don't have the problem.
0
dnkenyon

Session variables vs. Session States
What is the difference and in what situations are they used. Thanks, Mattypee A session state (the state of your session) holds your session variables. If your session state expires (due to inactivity) then you lose your session variables...and any other info stored for that session. If you need to store USER specific information within a web app, then session variables are one(of several) ways to do it. MajorCatsMajorCats Is there any code that you could show that would give an example? Thanks, Mattypee example of what? reading and writing session variables? ...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
 We have a web application in our school called CHECM. We are experiencing a high volume of ASP.NET State Server errors throughout this month. These errors have been occurring since 7/11/2006.   Our Session State Mode has been --------------------------------------------------------- <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=CHECM:42424" timeout="20" stateNetworkTimeout="30"/>     Here is the Error we get randomly Exception: System.Web.HttpException Message: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. P...

Loosing session state when I call a session variable from a derivated class
Hi folks I'm having an annoying problem. I have a web application which is used to edit some database data. The databases content may be in various languages, having one database for each language. I load a database calling it by the database name and the language suffix (for example: database_eng, when 'eng' is the laguage variable). So, I need to set a session variable 'Language', which is used in any webpage that calls information from a database. The problem I have is in some classes, which stores some methods to obtain information from databases. These clas...

Visual Studio 2005
 Hi, I have recently been given a PC with Vista on it, and installed Visual Studio 2005 pro. I then moved a ASP.net web project from an XP machine to the Vista one. When I run the project from inside Visual Studio (debug mode) everything works fine on the front end of the website, but if I try and log in I get the following error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that i...

State management upon session variable changes
I noticed that whenever a session variable is changed...the application knows about it and suddenly restarts session. My question is does restart "ALL" sessions or only the active sessions for which the variables changed? Imagine a "multi-user" application all with different states and an administration panel that lets you change session variables.  In this case, my question has to do with the question that if Company X changes his session variables, will only Company X's sessions be reset or will all "sessions" be reset?  Hope that makes sense. ...

Session State and View State
Hi Everyone, Can anybody tellme how are these used in context with ASP.NeT whats their sole purpose?.....and where in programming we use  them? Any links or sources would be good which explains in simple terms.   thanks Simi  ThanksSimi------------&------------"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." -Michael Jordan Here is one of the discussion http://forums.asp.net/t/1145838.aspxMPI never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he hasread. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)  Hi There is a video tutorial a...

Error message
Hello,I have developed an ASP.NET c# application.I have a "Reports" page in which i put the the report's DataTable in a session (to use it later on for paging and sorting).This works on my localhost but on production I get the follwong error:Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic...

Web resources about - Session State Variables across multi sessions - asp.net.state-management

Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE
Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE Channel Partners Kris Snow, president of Cisco Capital, says the company's new Open Pay ...