Session state lost when url is an redirect

Hi, I have a website (www.mysite1.com) and created a implementation of user validation (just a validate with database and save it into the session). The user data will be saved in Session, to make this information available through the application. This works fine.

However, there exists also a website (www.mysite2.com), but this only a redirect to "mysite1". This redirect will keep the url of "mysite2" in the address bar.

Now the part i don't get: When login through "mysite2" the userdata isn't persisted. Could anyone tell me why the second website give these problems?

tx, RamR0m

0
Ramr0m

different sites = different applications =  different sessions
Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
5/26/2006 8:04:18 PM

That make sense, but there doesn't exist 2 sites! There is a url mysite2 what represent a redirect to mysite1 (but the url in the addressbar IS mysite2).

When browsing directly to mysite the user data persisted in the session after logon, but when browsing with mysite2 the user data is lost after logon as soon as the first postback occur...

The problem occur when browsing with a new session to mysite2

0
Ramr0m
5/28/2006 10:50:10 AM

mapping multiple virtual directories to a single application causes each virtual directory to load its own application instance.

www.mysite1.com may point to myapp1

www.mysite2.com may also point to myapp1

But: myapp1 will be loaded in twice

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
5/29/2006 7:33:11 PM

Does this also apply if www.mysite2.com points to www.mysite1.com ?

Also, with your scenario in mind, the latest instance of myapp1 is used. My Userobject/session should work in that instance. But it is only working in the instance created by www.mysite1.com

tx

0
Ramr0m

Usage scenarios for view state, session state, application state, cookies
Hi Guys, Im a college student in London with exams starting Monday on ASP.NET with C#.  Id be so grateful if you could provide me with solid real world scenarios/examples of when you would use the following to maintain state and why you would use them in that instance:   View State Session State Application State Cookies Also when would you use SOAP instead of the REST architecture and vice versa and why - again real world usage scenarios?  I note Amazon's web service uses the REST architecture - why is this, why dont they use SOAP. Id be grateful for a timely respon...

Session State and View State
Hi Everyone, Can anybody tellme how are these used in context with ASP.NeT whats their sole purpose?.....and where in programming we use  them? Any links or sources would be good which explains in simple terms.   thanks Simi  ThanksSimi------------&------------"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." -Michael Jordan Here is one of the discussion http://forums.asp.net/t/1145838.aspxMPI never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he hasread. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)  Hi There is a video tutorial a...

how to manage session state while using webrequest to login at another URL
plz show me how to do this: When you login at a site, it will store your information in Session or Cookie. So when I make a webrequest to get data from the login page, how can I store and manage the session? I don't exactly understand what you're trying to do. Please explain a little better and we'll try to help.Andrew J Durstewitz, MCSD.NET Senior Software Engineer - Internet Applications http://www.moreheadassociates.com http://adurstewitz.blogspot.com/ sorry, my English is not good enought. in ASP.Net, we can use webrequest and some object to query a URL and then display the...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Session state, app state or class?
    Greetings     I developing an application which will load a number of panels onto a page    The number of panels to display on the page will depend on data which was     stored in a sql db during setup phase    Which is the most effecient way to get that data?    1) run a class on the server which gets the data from the db and sends it to        the browser each time the page is displayed     2) run the class on the server on app start and then ...

session state faster than view state??
Hello, I have been told not to use session state because we will potentially have a server farm. However, my web page runs MUCH slower with view state than session state. In debug, it takes 60-90 seconds before I even hit the breakpoint on the page load event. It is also considerably slower out of debug. I need to potentially save a large dataset of information. Is this difference expected or is there something wrong with my project. If its my project, can you give me some ideas of where to look for problems? Thanks in advance. Session state stays on the server, wehreas ViewSta...

doubt in application state and session state
Is it right, application state stores value for a web application, but session state stores value for a specific user over a website? Yes... but can I know the purpose of this specific question...This article has simple and effective instructionshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/307598  Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue  Ok, I did some reading on application state as I've not really used it but, in general you statement is correct.  Application State store...

What is application state dan session state?
Hello everybody,i want to ask what is application state and when we use it. Can you give me the example... I want to ask again, if i use session and many user visit my website the session for the users is different or same..?Thank you very much...   Hi,The best place to learn is the quickstartsUnderstanding Applications and State Regards  ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

Web resources about - Session state lost when url is an redirect - asp.net.state-management

Wikipedia:Redirect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Asteroid Redirect Mission: Boulder Collection Concept - YouTube
This animation illustrates one of two robotic mission concepts under consideration for NASA's Asteroid Redirect Mission. In this concept, the ...

CloudFlare boss’s Gmail hacked in redirect attack on 4Chan
Content distribution network CloudFlare reset all its customer API keys over the weekend after its CEO’s personal and corporate Gmail was breached ...

Return to sender: is it really that hard to redirect your mail when you move?
Scrawling &quot;return to sender&quot; on past residents' mail is getting old, writes Meena Evers.

Parramatta shootings: We need to redouble our efforts to redirect all at-risk teens from a destructive ...
He was too young to drive, and too young to vote. We may discover why he killed, but we may not. What we can do is boost our efforts to divert ...

Budget 2015: Generic drug prices expected to fall as Government redirects health spending
Patients will benefit from a significant drop in the price of many common drugs with changes due in next week's budget.

Redirect 'spying,' ad funds to student jobs, Tories told
The federal government is highlighting its funding for student summer jobs at the same time it has come under fire from the opposition for the ...

Colorado governor candidate redirects volunteers to Douglas County races
KUSA-Republican gubernatorial candidate and current Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler is wading into a local school board election. ...

China’s ‘Great Cannon’ Uses DDoS Style Redirects for Censorship
... the great firewall works to block traffic by terminating links; it can’t alter the traffic, just stop it. The great cannon modifies and redirects ...

Apple - Redirect to Terms
Apple - Redirect to Terms