Lost session variables on redirect after cross-domain httppost request

Hi all,

I have an asp page with an httppost request to bypass login for another .net page on another domain.  This works fine and returns the results as expected.  I am having difficulty when navigating away from the resulting page as the post request I have made is simply response.write of the xml returned so the page stays on the old domain without a redirect to the new site.  Therefore any links I have on the new page do not work without using the fullpath to the page, same goes for any buttons which do postback as the page does not exist on the asp site.  I am at present storing the currentURL in a session variable so this can be used throughout the site, when I try to navigate away from the page it does so but the session variable is then lost and so redirecting to a page after this does not include the fullpath and so the browser is looking for the next page on the original domain where it does not exist.

Is there any way I can retain session variables throughout these pages?  Or another solution I a missing with this?  I am using an httppost request because of the bypass of the login screen from one domain to another, I cannot pass these values on the querystring as I need to maintain the security integrity of the system.

Thanks in advance, joho

0
joho

Took a while to reply, as I had to shift projects around.  I don't think this is the answer as they are on different webservers.  Do you know if this is possible?

joho

Cross-Domain Session State Management
Hello, we have a travel agent client with two websites, they are pretty much identical apart from the template (master pages) and a few copy edits here and there, they are however on seperate domains.The search functionality, login, register and rest of the code base is identical.TravelAgentWebsite1 is for worldwide holidays, and TravelAgentWebsite2 only UK holidays. Now, if a client was to perform a search on TravelAgentWebsite1, the search would bring back all worldwide holidays, including UK holidays. If the visitor was to click on one of the UK holidays in the listing, it would take them...

Http post request cross domain retaining session variables
Hi all, I have an asp page with an httppost request to bypass login for another .net page on another domain.  This works fine and returns the results as expected.  I am having difficulty when navigating away from the resulting page as the post request I have made is simply response.write of the xml returned so the page stays on the old domain without a redirect to the new site.  Therefore any links I have on the new page do not work without using the fullpath to the page, same goes for any buttons which do postback as the page does not exist...

Session variables are lost with every request even though session persists
Hi, I am new to .NET and this is my first application with session state management. I am using .NETs login controls and database for login/password security management. I have a folder called "secure" which requires the user to login. The login page itself is out site this folder. Once a correct a correct login/password are provided I store the UserID in session and redirect to next page inside "secure" folder.The problem is that session["userID"] is null on the next page even though Context.Session is not. I tried to add UserID in session again on a page inside "secure" folder but that to...

Session variable lost in redirect
I am having a problem with loosing a session variable after I redirect to another page. Here is my code:login.aspx: if(sAuthorized != "-1" && sAuthorized != "-2") { Session["user"] = sAuthorized; Response.Redirect("index.aspx"); }index.aspx:private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {    CheckLogin();    string sUserID = Session["user"].ToString();    DataSet ds = SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(DataAccessLayer.ULTConn(), "sp_get_users_courses",    new SqlParameter("@user", SqlDbType.VarChar, 20).Value = ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Session State variable missing after Redirect
When an error occurs, I set a session variable so that after redirecting to an error page, a detailed explanation can appear.  The variable (a string) is gone by the time I reach Page_Load in the target page.  I've checked and it is the same session ID. Any ideas? Are Sessions enabled? Are you forwarding to a page outside of you application?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005...

Session variables lost after a redirect page
Hi all , I have encounter a session variable lost after a redirect page when i set the cookiesless=false in web.config. This happen when u i tried to access the asp.net application from another pc while my asp.net application reside in another web server. therefore in order to solve this problem i tried to change in the web.config file by setting the cookieless =true than it works. <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="true" timeout="20"/> how can i have this prob...

Session variables lost between page requests
Hi We're getting a problem where session variables are lost between page requests. I set a session variable (affilaite id) when a session starts in session_start event in global.asax. With tracing enabled i can see that this variable is resident on the initial page request. When i navigate to a new page however, all session variables are lost. This has only just started happening fairly recently and I cannot find any particular piece of code that may be causing it. I've read stuff on the web about worker process recycling but if this is happening every time the user requests a page then so...

Session state lost when url is an redirect
Hi, I have a website (www.mysite1.com) and created a implementation of user validation (just a validate with database and save it into the session). The user data will be saved in Session, to make this information available through the application. This works fine. However, there exists also a website (www.mysite2.com), but this only a redirect to "mysite1". This redirect will keep the url of "mysite2" in the address bar. Now the part i don't get: When login through "mysite2" the userdata isn't persisted. Could anyone tell me why the second website give these problems? tx, RamR0m d...

Session Variables lost after Response.Redirect()
Hi gurus,  I encouter lost session variables trouble when Response.Redirect() to another aspx page. I set 19 Session variables before redirecting. However, the redirected page's session contains only One variable. The very weir sympton is: If I restart IIS, only for the first IE encounter, the redirected page DOES show all 19 session variables.Once I close IE, any further IE or IE from any other machine's only shows ONE session variable. I can also reproduce such symptons in VS2005 development environment. Can someone tell me what I have missed?   Thanks! Here is ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server etc.
We are getting an error message "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server..." sporadically in one of our applications.  We have several applications running on a 4-server web farm, and these applications have been in production for a year, so it is not a problem that the server is not reachable, not started, not addressed correctly, etc etc etc. One of the applications *does* put a lot of large datasets into session state.  Is there a limit on the allowable size of a session/cached object?  Also, the application opens several windows at once, ...

Error: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
I have session configured in web.config this way:<sessionState mode="StateServer" cookieless="true", timeout="30" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" />  ASP.NET State Service is started.   I got an error:  Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server #2
We have recently started receiving these errors in the event viewer. We are using the out of proc state server on the same machine. The errors become more frequent, almost like it snowballs until users cannot work. System Info: Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 , 4 GB of RAM, IIS 6.0, Asp.Net 2.0. What I know for certain: The state server is started and running Recycling the app pool nor restarting IIS fixes the problem Rebooting the machine DOES temporarily fix the problem. I changed the stateNetworkTimeout from 10 to 20 in webconfig and that had no effect. There is usuall...

Web resources about - Lost session variables on redirect after cross-domain httppost request - asp.net.state-management

Cross-domain solution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... by established models of computer , network , and data security , e.g., Bell–LaPadula model and Clark–Wilson model . Unified Cross Domain Management ...

faroo_p2p: Our Web Search API now supports cross domain access for JSON, XML and RSS via CORS (Cross-Origin ...
faroo_p2p: Our Web Search API now supports cross domain access for JSON, XML and RSS via CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing). http://t.

Cross Domain Canonical Tag - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/021363.html

MRC Accredits comScore vCE Validation, Including Cross-Domain iFrame Measurement
... of AdXpose, we knew that there was a “Great White Whale” looming in the measurement and reporting on ad visibility: the unfriendly, cross-domain ...

MRC Accredits comScore vCE Validation, Including Cross-Domain iFrame Measurement
Today comScore announced that the validation component of validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE™) has received MRC accreditation. vCE is the first ...

Fix Cross-Domain Duplicate Content
Back in February, Google, Yahoo and then-Live premiered a solution to on-site duplicate content: a canonical URL element that let ...

Canonical Tag 2.0: Google To Add Cross Domain Support
Many site owners have wanted the recently introduced canonical tag to work across domains. Now their wishes will come true. Google announced ...

New: Cross Domain Canonical Tag Google Support
The canonical tag was jointly introduced by Google, Yahoo and Microsoft earlier this year. Google hinted they would soon support cross domain ...

Cross Domain Silverlight XAP Access in Silverlight 2 - testingReflections.com
Unlike the case where your xap file is served up from the same host, the Silverlight runtime checks the MIME type in the HTTP header of your ...

Lauren Cross - Domain - brisbanetimes.com.au
Skip to navigation Skip to content Help using this website - Accessibility statement JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My ...