Is ViewState still validated even when enableViewState="False" enableViewStateMac="False"

Does a aspx page get validated on the web server even if enableViewState="False" enableViewStateMac="False"?

Thanks....

0
Pete

Pete A wrote:

Does a aspx page get validated on the web server even if enableViewState="False" enableViewStateMac="False"?

What do you mean by "Page get validated". Are you talking about the server side validation?

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar
12/14/2005 10:38:43 PM

If a web control depends on the ViewState (i.e. DropDownList) then you will have issues. So, you will also have issues with validation if ViewState is disabled.

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Are there different between ViewState.Add("key","Word"); and ViewState["key"] = "Word";
I think the 1 and 2 are complete same, is it correct? 1. ViewState.Add("key","Word"); 2. ViewState["key"] = "Word";SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator You are correct, option 2 is short hand for option 1.Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)...

"Using" or "With"

"Me" is better than "You"

"False" could not be set on Property "RightToLeft"
I have a data window, created in using DataWindow 2.5. The DW works fine until I place it in an AjaxControlToolkit TabControl. When I place the <dw:WebDataWindowControl ID="WebDataWindowControl1" runat="server" DataWindowObject="dw_object" LibraryList="~/library.pbl" /> I get that error above. When it is outside the TabControl...no error. I even tried to hardcode the property and that did not work either. If this is something I need to call Sybase above, please let me know. I hope it's is not. Hello Jim, You m...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"To" and "From" missing

"False" could not be set on Property "RightToLeft"
I have a data window, created in using DataWindow 2.5. The DW works fine until I place it in an AjaxControlToolkit TabControl. When I place the <dw:WebDataWindowControl ID="WebDataWindowControl1" runat="server" DataWindowObject="dw_object" LibraryList="~/library.pbl" /> I get that error above. When it is outside the TabControl...no error. I even tried to hardcode the property and that did not work either. If this is something I need to call Sybase above, please let me know. I hope it's is not. ...

double quote

replace the "." with a ","

Using "+" or "||"

Web resources about - Is ViewState still validated even when enableViewState="False" enableViewStateMac="False" - asp.net.state-management