How to get session variable values in webpart?

Anyone know that how to get session variable values in webpart?

I developed a ASP.NET page to accept a input order code e.g. "E923829" and set it as session variable for the following working page. One of the working page is containing a webpart to show this order summary e.g. number of items and total price. I'm using VB.NET to develop this webpart.

I'd tried to use Dim OrderNumber as string = Page.session("ORDER_NUMER"). But this will cause error while loading the webpart.

Your advice will very appreciated.

0
wnlc87

How to get session variable value into a static variable
Hi, On page preinit i am adding few session variables. Now i want to retrive these session variable values into my static variables. protected void Page_PreInit(object sender, EventArgs e) {Session.Add("T", "Default"); Session.Add("T1", "Red"); Session.Add("T2", "Blue");   }   i have few static variables which shud contain these vaules.  public string TT; public string TT1; public string TextForeColor =sess = "#FFFFFF";   i want to get T value into TT ... T1 into TT1..and so on &n...

getting value of session variable
I'm trying to display the value of a session variable in a label. I know the session variable exists because in my page load event I redirect the user to a different page if it's value is null. I want to display it's value in a label to test some things, but I keep getting an error whenever I try.  Here is my code:   Label:<asp:Label ID="lblSessionTest" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>  How I'm trying to display it (in my page load event):  lblSessionTest.Text = Session("loggedIn"); &nbs...

Getting value out of session variable
 Hi,How to get the value of a session. It is storing the dataset value. I dont know how to transfer that to a variable.   private SearchDotnet.Searchs.UserSearch sSite;  if ((sSite == null))          {             sSite = Session["Site"];           }         }  The thing is sSite is  delcared as above. I need to unload the session variable to sSite. Have not found a...

Session Variables (Get values)
Hi, I am storing some variables in Session, Double values, Integers and Strings.Sometimes these values can be null or empty (""). While retrieving these values from session I will declare a variable of its type. Let say for example I want to get a Double value from Session. Dim dblAmount as DoubledblAmount = Session("sessAmount") Here I am getting trouble when value is empty, its giving an errorConversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. How to handle this kind of situations? Let me know your suggestion. Thanks   Hi. Before assigning the value, check if the session...

After a looong night managed to change Session mode from inProc to SQLServer but still can't get the session variables to be saved
Hi,  I ran my Shopping Cart project and somehow everything worked fine(while in inProc), session variables were saved fine. I made some changes to my project and since then keep getting null session variables, no matter what I do. It took me the whole night to figure out how to turn to SQLServer mode,  marked custom classes as 'Serializable' with [Serializable] before the class definition but everything's in vain. Getting the same damned 'nulls' instead of the saved objects. private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)         {...

Session variable value gets lost
I am using asp.net 3.0 with C#. My web application requires some values that is used across my User Controls. These values are pertaining to the login user name and User type. When each user is logged in I store that username and user type in a session variable and whenever i need to used it like in a query I just called the string variable that is assigned to the Session variable. My problem is sometimes my session object/ string variable loses its value and I am wondering is there another way of storing my User's credential so that the value will not be lost until the User closes his/h...

Getting a session variable value in Servlet
Hi, I am using psSession to set and get session variables in PowerDynamo scripts. I also had to use servlets for serving some of the pages. I want to access the session variables I have set in PowerDynamo scripts from my servlet. I tried session.getValue from my servlet. But it returns a null in servlet. Any ideas as to how I can get the values of session variables in my servlet? TIA, Mani. Mani, I would think that because they are two different session types you could not do this. A workaround would be to create a cookie that you can use from either spot Scott ...

Get value of hidden gridview into session variable
 Hello and thanks for any ideas on this in advance.I have a hidden casegridview from a sqldatasource with 2 values (case_id, client_id) The case gridview datasource takes a client id parameter from a second gridview, clientI'm trying to get the case_id into a session variable and can't figure out how to do it.I tried using onselectindexchange for gridview2 but that didn't return anything because gridview2 doesn't have select enabled.I have this code for my client gridview that gets a client id into a session variable: protected Sub GridView1_SelectedIndexChange...

State management upon session variable changes
I noticed that whenever a session variable is changed...the application knows about it and suddenly restarts session. My question is does restart "ALL" sessions or only the active sessions for which the variables changed? Imagine a "multi-user" application all with different states and an administration panel that lets you change session variables.  In this case, my question has to do with the question that if Company X changes his session variables, will only Company X's sessions be reset or will all "sessions" be reset?  Hope that makes sense. ...

Session and View state values are changed: mixed with simultaneous users' session and viewstate values.
I have developed one aspx page(c#) that includes 7pages of the input form: each page is surrounded with panel control. It will be hidden or shown depending on which page the user wants to go. There are several update panels that contain gridview controls on the page. The source of the gridview is session value (arrayList). Whenever the page is postbacked by clicking previous and next buttons to show a certain page and hide other page panels, or adding new list data into the arrayList of the session value ( the value is retrieved on the pertaining gridview), the session and server control val...

Getting Value from Client-side InputBox to .net variable
hi, im doing a login page for our timekeeping. Since there's no msgbox available on asp.net, im doing it dynamically via javascript. How do i Get the value frm a dynamically written javascript (such as inputbox) to a .net variable? here's the logic of my program, user logs in hits the button and sub-routine Login will be fired, if user is late -- call Check_Late Sub, this is whre the client-side script was built -- then after that i wanted to be able to get the value from an inputbox. '// if button login clicked Sub Login(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) .......

Can not get the correct value back from session variable.
 When I assign multiple values to a session variables, I can only access the last one.Session(CheckUser.FirstName) = tbFirstName.Text      (John)Session(CheckUser.LastName) = tbLastName.Text     (Smith) The result I get from this is always 'Smith'.Session.Item(oLogin.FirstName) What am I doing wrong? Thanks,Sully1 try like creating an arraylist and store it in session. check this link http://forums.asp.net/t/1317594.aspx"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" Sully1:Session.Item(oLog...

getting dropdown list value from usercontrol to change session variable
I have a problem, I have a user control that has 2 drop down lists, what I need to do is use the value of the selected item in the dropdown list to use in the selection of data in a datagrid on the main page. Basically I just need to take the values, and be able to plug them in (during a page load event) and use them in the query. Right now the usercontrol gets fired AFTER all of the other things are loaded. I thought that by setting a session to the value of the drpdown list would work, but its not triggering anything because 1, its a post back event, and two the usercontrol is...

Session variables vs. Session States
What is the difference and in what situations are they used. Thanks, Mattypee A session state (the state of your session) holds your session variables. If your session state expires (due to inactivity) then you lose your session variables...and any other info stored for that session. If you need to store USER specific information within a web app, then session variables are one(of several) ways to do it. MajorCatsMajorCats Is there any code that you could show that would give an example? Thanks, Mattypee example of what? reading and writing session variables? ...

Web resources about - How to get session variable values in webpart? - asp.net.state-management

Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE
Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE Channel Partners Kris Snow, president of Cisco Capital, says the company's new Open Pay ...