How to get session variable value into a static variable

Hi,

On page preinit i am adding few session variables.

Now i want to retrive these session variable values into my static variables.

protected void Page_PreInit(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Session.Add("T", "Default");

Session.Add("T1", "Red");

Session.Add("T2", "Blue");

}

i have few static variables which shud contain these vaules.

public string TT;

public string TT1;

public string TextForeColor =sess = "#FFFFFF";

i want to get T value into TT ... T1 into TT1..and so on

pls help

0
aspfreak101

hi

thanks i got the answer

0
aspfreak101

You can use this statement anywhere, both in static as well as non-static methods:

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["variable"]  = value ;

and you can read similarly...

-- kach

0
kach
5/19/2008 10:36:56 AM

well you got the answer..

Just say "Thanks",will help you..
0
tomjose

getting value of session variable
I'm trying to display the value of a session variable in a label. I know the session variable exists because in my page load event I redirect the user to a different page if it's value is null. I want to display it's value in a label to test some things, but I keep getting an error whenever I try.  Here is my code:   Label:<asp:Label ID="lblSessionTest" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>  How I'm trying to display it (in my page load event):  lblSessionTest.Text = Session("loggedIn"); &nbs...

Getting value out of session variable
 Hi,How to get the value of a session. It is storing the dataset value. I dont know how to transfer that to a variable.   private SearchDotnet.Searchs.UserSearch sSite;  if ((sSite == null))          {             sSite = Session["Site"];           }         }  The thing is sSite is  delcared as above. I need to unload the session variable to sSite. Have not found a...

Session Variables (Get values)
Hi, I am storing some variables in Session, Double values, Integers and Strings.Sometimes these values can be null or empty (""). While retrieving these values from session I will declare a variable of its type. Let say for example I want to get a Double value from Session. Dim dblAmount as DoubledblAmount = Session("sessAmount") Here I am getting trouble when value is empty, its giving an errorConversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. How to handle this kind of situations? Let me know your suggestion. Thanks   Hi. Before assigning the value, check if the session...

how to get variable value by using variable name as parameter???
I have a problem as following; I want to give my variable name as parameter to a function, then get value of that variable. Like this; dim myValue, myVariable, result  as stringmyValue = "demo"myVariable = "myValue"result = SomeMagicFunction(myVariable)then value of result sould be demoI know that is an interesting case. But i need this. :( Please help me !!... If you explain the situation where it is going to be used, there may be some other alternative solution to it. One solution is to store value in a property of a class or structure and then later on use reflection to retrie...

variable variables?
Hello! How to make a variable receive an increment in the name? I want to do it for example: I have: Label1->Caption = "1"; Label2->Caption = "2"; Label3->Caption = "3"; Label4->Caption = "4"; And I want to do something like that: for (i=1; i<5; i++) { Label+i->Caption = i; } Any idea? Can I do something like that? Thanks and regards Alexandre Create a vector of pointers to the various objects. In your case below, construct a vector (called Labels) of pointers to TLable long enough to hold pointers to...

Session variable value gets lost
I am using asp.net 3.0 with C#. My web application requires some values that is used across my User Controls. These values are pertaining to the login user name and User type. When each user is logged in I store that username and user type in a session variable and whenever i need to used it like in a query I just called the string variable that is assigned to the Session variable. My problem is sometimes my session object/ string variable loses its value and I am wondering is there another way of storing my User's credential so that the value will not be lost until the User closes his/h...

How to get session variable values in webpart?
Anyone know that how to get session variable values in webpart? I developed a ASP.NET page to accept a input order code e.g. "E923829" and set it as session variable for the following working page. One of the working page is containing a webpart to show this order summary e.g. number of items and total price. I'm using VB.NET to develop this webpart. I'd tried to use Dim OrderNumber as string = Page.session("ORDER_NUMER"). But this will cause error while loading the webpart. Your advice will very appreciated....

Getting a session variable value in Servlet
Hi, I am using psSession to set and get session variables in PowerDynamo scripts. I also had to use servlets for serving some of the pages. I want to access the session variables I have set in PowerDynamo scripts from my servlet. I tried session.getValue from my servlet. But it returns a null in servlet. Any ideas as to how I can get the values of session variables in my servlet? TIA, Mani. Mani, I would think that because they are two different session types you could not do this. A workaround would be to create a cookie that you can use from either spot Scott ...

variable not a variable
Error:Must declare the variable '@cartDateTime'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the variable '@cartDateTime'. Dim connStr As SqlConnection            Dim cmdInsert As SqlCommand            Dim strInsert As String      &n...

Variable Variables
Hi, Maybe the solution is very simple, but how do I create variable variables in vb.net? I want to use the value of a variable as a part of the name of another variable. A very simple example below: code: Dim a As String a = "1" Label a.Text = "hi" page: <asp:Label id="Label1" runat="server">Label</asp:Label> In need this to change a range of values by using just one loop. I can´t do that without creating a variable variable name. Hi, check out this little demo application I created for you: ...

variable of variables
Say I have 2 scenarios and I want to use a different variable depending on which scenario applies without coding this logic. So I could have a database table t_variables which has: Scenario: Variable: --------- -------- 1 v_name 2 v_company In my Powerbuilder code I'd have values in v_name & v_company. What I'd like to be able to do is to select which variable to use from the table and assign that to something, e.g. select variable into v_variable from t_variables where scenario = 1 so at this point v_variable would be 'v_name'...

After a looong night managed to change Session mode from inProc to SQLServer but still can't get the session variables to be saved
Hi,  I ran my Shopping Cart project and somehow everything worked fine(while in inProc), session variables were saved fine. I made some changes to my project and since then keep getting null session variables, no matter what I do. It took me the whole night to figure out how to turn to SQLServer mode,  marked custom classes as 'Serializable' with [Serializable] before the class definition but everything's in vain. Getting the same damned 'nulls' instead of the saved objects. private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)         {...

Get value of hidden gridview into session variable
 Hello and thanks for any ideas on this in advance.I have a hidden casegridview from a sqldatasource with 2 values (case_id, client_id) The case gridview datasource takes a client id parameter from a second gridview, clientI'm trying to get the case_id into a session variable and can't figure out how to do it.I tried using onselectindexchange for gridview2 but that didn't return anything because gridview2 doesn't have select enabled.I have this code for my client gridview that gets a client id into a session variable: protected Sub GridView1_SelectedIndexChange...

State management upon session variable changes
I noticed that whenever a session variable is changed...the application knows about it and suddenly restarts session. My question is does restart "ALL" sessions or only the active sessions for which the variables changed? Imagine a "multi-user" application all with different states and an administration panel that lets you change session variables.  In this case, my question has to do with the question that if Company X changes his session variables, will only Company X's sessions be reset or will all "sessions" be reset?  Hope that makes sense. ...

Web resources about - How to get session variable value into a static variable - asp.net.state-management

AD/CVD ruling and overseas capacity expansions are variables to the current PV boom, says EnergyTrend ...
China's National Reform and Development Commission has announced that there will be no significant reduction in feed-in tariff (FiT) rates for ...