Easy explanation on Stateless management and State management

Hi,

 Till now, me still confuse to understand Stateless management and State management. Can anybody explain to me in an easy understand with example?

0
wkm1925

stateless - you cannot persist any values on frequent page request and response.

state mgmt - you can retain values on subsequent calls.

have a look at this

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1049585.html

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
0
deesh1531982
9/12/2008 5:38:32 AM

hi,

The World Wide Web, on the other hand, is intrinsically stateless because each request for a new Web page is processed without any knowledge of previous pages requested. This is one of the chief drawbacks to the HTTP protocol.

Because maintaining state is extremely useful, programmers have developed a number of techniques to add state to the World Wide Web. These include server APIs, such as NSAPI and ISAPI, and the use of cookies.

check this link,

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-state/
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/jalajakshi.venkataramana/StateManagementInWebForms11262005051214AM/StateManagementInWebForms.aspx

0
gopalanmani

state management
Dear all, I want to know the difference between view state and control state.Also I need some demos for the following: ----composite controls and templated controls ----creating and managing cookies ---cached items dependency and many more.Kindly help me on the above topics.Any help is welcome.   Thanks A new instance of the Web page class is created each time the page is posted to the server. In traditional Web programming, this would typically mean that all information associated with the page and the controls on the page would be lost with each round trip. For example, if a ...

State Management How to???
hallo friends,   i am developing an Online Test application -- in which each student logins and the page will be redirected to exam page...there will be question and 5 options..when the answer is selected and clicks next button next question will come..(If question is attempted the questionID and Option will be added to a AnswerString in DataBase)but if because of some reason that session is closed and then the candidate logs in he/she should start the exam frm the last attempted question...hw can i achieve that????each time the student attempts the question whether i have to updat...

what is state management?
give me answer how to use it? which is mainly used to store the values of controls or varaibles in a web page. you must look google for these types of questions. www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspx msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y5y3c2c5(VS.71).aspxGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever. Hi You can use below link for state management. http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html    If this post helps you, please mark it as Answer.Gnana Prakash...

how to manage states
Hi, one of my aspx page has calender controller and a gridview. when i select particular period on that calender my grid view data change. And there is a hyperlink fields in grid view. when i click on it it redirect to other page to edit that entry. After edit that entry i want to return to my original page. and grid view's data and calender selection should remain same when i return to it. i think this can be done by viewstate. if any one know pls let me know how to do this. Thanks and regards Amilaamila I have been trying (however unsuccessfully) to implement viewstate when navig...

State Management??
 Hi I am learner, i need syntax of View State, session,query string and cookie. Please help me out in this. I am happy if you can provide the links of good tutorials of statemanagement.Thanks Best Resource http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspx  Best Practices http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z1hkazw7.aspx*** If this post helps you, then Mark this post as Answer *** Hi Friend, Here are  the link to study all about Session state and session objects... http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ExploringSession.aspx These link is for cookies... http://w...

Managing States
Hello, I want to know is there any way to manage states (session and Applecation state) in WebServices...As we know If we create any class, for differet Object we can have different memory allocation so we can have multiple values in multiple objects. Is this also true with web service ? Because i always dispose of web services after ive finished with the method call i end up with unique records in the web service application state rather than in the session state as the session ends when i dispose of the web service. Aside from that i believe (but would like someone to clarify) that th...

State Management; .Net Profiler
Here is the situation with the customized profiler. I got a profiler class called SSOProfileProvider inheriting from ProfileProvider. I've implemented the Initilization, GetPropertyValues and SetPropertyValues. The Get... and Set.. are making a call to the database to store profile into the database. This class has been stored in the separate DLL called "Security.DLL" and there is a web site that is using this dll. The web.Config for this website is as follow:<profile enabled="true" inherits="AppProfileBase" defaultProvider="SSO" automat...

State Management
I thinking of using the portal to replace an existing application created using webclasses which was created in vb 6 but one of the issues the current application has is state managment. After reading the current documentation on state management for .NET I think that having state stored on the sql server would be best for our organization but I would like to know if anyone has used the portal for a large number of user. Our intended user community is growinig from hundreds to the thousands who will be using the given application continously throughout the day and we are worried about ...

What is state management?
What is state management?Ashok kumar check this Microsoft Documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconaspstatemanagement.aspcheers,erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands HTTP is a stateless protocol so  to do what you do in a Windows application you have to use Session state andthere are several ways of doing it.  If you write C# take a look at Coding Strategies of the Asp.net team by Rob Howard et al ,the people who runs this site and Programming .NET by Jeff Prosise.  Try these links for more info.  Hope this he...

State Management
Hello, I'm reading about state management for controls, and how you can retain state by implementing code in the LoadControlState and SaveControlState methods. I was wondering if this functionality is superceding the IStateManager interface's functionality for controls? Or if different, what will be the difference in 2.0? Thanks, BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The control-state is different from view-state in the control. Ho...

State Management
<script language="javascript"> <!-- .... viewSecs = (secsRemain < 10) ? viewSecs = "0" + secsRemain : viewSecs = secsRemain; viewMins = (minsRemain < 10) ? viewMins = "0" + minsRemain : viewMins = minsRemain; viewHrs = (hrsRemain < 10) ? viewHrs = "0" + hrsRemain : viewHrs = hrsRemain; timerID = setTimeout("showtime()",1000); timerRunning = true; problem here = viewTime .... //--> </script> <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> &...

What is managed and un managed code in .net 2.0
Hi all what is the differnce between Managed and un Managed code in .net 2.0 can any body suggest me the article regarding use of Interfaces in .net 2.0   Best regards Rameezwaheedlife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Check out this link   http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/2/10034664/managed-vs-unmanaged-code.aspx  Thanks,santosh_maharajaPlease mark as answer if you got expected solution.  Hi,    The code can be executed by .net CLR is Managed Code, code which can't be are unmanaged code Refer...Managed / UnManage...

Managing Users over .NET Management Website on different PCs
Hi,we are using Wed Developer Express 2005 on one PC to develop our website. The user and role management we are doing over the .NET website.No we hae installed Web Developer Express 2008 on another PC and also the other user should be able to manage the users and roles. But we always get a connection error to the Rsa provider.Can you please give me an idea what to do? Greetz, Chris  You dont tell us how you are running the site is it on a local iis or a hosted server and the same with the sql database? I take it that each machine has the website loaded in vwd and then you are u...

rogue process management management
call for thoughts & opinions about pros/cons of using rpm as a 'whitelist' to allow only authorized apps as opposed to a 'blacklist' to snuff undesirables.... seems the whitelist way would be manageable. and desirable as you don't have to worry about missing bad apps or adding the new ones that crawl out from under rocks and get onto your network? we are a k12 school system and i reckon we could fairly easily build up that whitelist to the point where we only occasionally add apps as needed.... but sounds like most folks go the other way and maintain a bl...

Web resources about - Easy explanation on Stateless management and State management - asp.net.state-management

Explanation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An explanation is a set of statements constructed to describe a set of facts which clarifies the causes , context , and consequences of those ...

An Explanation of Captchas - Facebook
Facebook Security hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel An Explanation of Captchas geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Facebook modifies proposed changes to terms of service, provides explanations in response to user feedback ...
Facebook today released a new set of proposed changes to its terms of service and offered more detailed explanation of its revisions based on ...

What is a good explanation of Latent Dirichlet Allocation?
Answer (1 of 2): Suppose you have the following set of sentences: * I ate a banana and spinach smoothie for breakfast * I like to eat broccoli ...

SAP HANA Certification and Interview Test Prep - Questions, Answers and Explanation on the App Store ...
Get SAP HANA Certification and Interview Test Prep - Questions, Answers and Explanation on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

The Higgs and a Jewish Wedding: An Explanation of the Higgs Field - YouTube
I use the behavior of people at a festive Jewish wedding to explain the action of the Higgs Fieldthe field that carries the action of the Higgs ...

It may not be Watergate but more explanation is needed
Within about 16 hours of James Ashby lodging his sexual harassment claim against Peter Slipper in April, Tony Abbott was dead certain of its ...

Stephen Roach Has A Rational Explanation For All Of China's Ghost Cities
China has received much flak for building “ghost cities” and “bridges to nowhere.” Recent reports show that construction in Ordos, the most famous ...

If you need a break, find a new explanation
If you are looking for the perfect excuse, look no further.

AFL grand final 2015: Billy Brownless calls mum a stripper, Sam Newman explanation - HeraldSun Search ...
SAM Newman has called on everyone to cut Billy Brownless some slack over sexist comments he made towards a mother and daughter.