DataSet stored in ASP.NET cache

I have a dataset that contains business rules for my app.  I'd like to fill this dataset on Application_Start then place it into ASP.NET cache.   The dataset only rarely changes.  There are no application updates made to the dataset.

Will this work? Are there any threading issues with multiple sessions retrieving data from this "central" dataset or would I need to create a new copy for each session and store it in session cache?
0
cantrellr

use an XML stream of the dataset instead. It carries lesser baggage. The only thing is each time you wish to refer to the data, you need to load to a dataset, if your app understands the dataset better than an xml.
A good Author is one who makes familiar things new and new things familiar.

---- Dr. SJ
0
Ganbhu

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

can you tell me where to download the open code of the .net pet stores and .net book stores
Hello,I have heard that the .net pet store and .net book stores are very usefull for one to learn asp.net .So I hope that someone can give me the url address to downloal them.    Thank you very much. Enterprise code samples - those and more.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog Thank you very much!                            ...

ADO.net dataset with 2 datatable store it into 1 stored procedure
Hi, i have 1 dataset which have 2 dataTable contain; dataTable 1: FieldName : firstname lastname jobtitle company mobiletelephone contact_Id Value: Barns Happy Executive Unigi 32123 0 dataTable2: Fieldname :address street city zipcode country telephone fax contact_Id 44Dover Dover Sg 12345 Singapore 2331 12313 0 I m trying to put the whole dataset into 1 stored procedure here's my code Public Function update(ByVal ds As DataSet) As B...

net send in .net

State Management; .Net Profiler
Here is the situation with the customized profiler. I got a profiler class called SSOProfileProvider inheriting from ProfileProvider. I've implemented the Initilization, GetPropertyValues and SetPropertyValues. The Get... and Set.. are making a call to the database to store profile into the database. This class has been stored in the separate DLL called "Security.DLL" and there is a web site that is using this dll. The web.Config for this website is as follow:<profile enabled="true" inherits="AppProfileBase" defaultProvider="SSO" automat...

Net Farmers net

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

DataSet from Stored Procedure in VS.NET
Hi, I want to fill a DataSet from a stored procedure.  If you do a search on this forum this has been asked several times. The code has been given, but I don't want to just paste the code in, I want to drag the connection, command and adapter to the web form, then add what is left of the code.  I must be getting it out of sequence, I can't get it to work. Can someone give me the correct steps? I'm using VS.NET 2003, using vb.net for my ASP.net site. Thanks, Steve is it necessary for you to drag the items over? you can simply drag a dataadapter over and then go th...

Design Patterns in .NET Cache Management.
Hi, 1. What are the design pattern(s) used or involved in the .NET Cache Management? 2. If possible, classify it or them in terms of category.Where there is a will, there is a way. and where there is a team, there is more than one way. So, nobody is here to do your homework for you, and if your professor/teacher happens to find this, he/she may very well not be too pleased to find out you're soliciting answers to your homework questions. If you've got specific questions, feel free to ask them, but copying straight out of the end of the chapter or the worksheet isn't going to wor...

Regarding Converting DataSet to PDF format in C#.Net/VB.Net
Hi, I can anyone help me regarding conversion of an dataset to PDF format. Thank YouMark as Answer if it helped youGayathri gayathri.pmsc: Hi, I can anyone help me regarding conversion of an dataset to PDF format. Thank You Either do it using Crystal Reports or create an html ny looping though dataset and then to pdf using itextsharp http://hamang.net/2008/08/14/html-to-pdf-in-net/MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets...

Web resources about - DataSet stored in ASP.NET cache - asp.net.state-management

UAH satellite temperature dataset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The UAH satellite temperature dataset , developed at the University of Alabama in Huntsville , attempts to infer the temperature of the atmosphere ...

Data : Where can I get large datasets open to the public?
Answer (1 of 91): Here's the ones I've found most useful: CrunchBase, US Census, Google Public Data, Infochimps, Timetric, Factual, Freebase, ...

YouTube - Hans Rosling: Let my dataset change your mindset
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2009 http://www.ted.com Talking at the US State Department this summer, Hans Rosling uses his fascinating data-bubble software ...

The Mindset, Skillset, Dataset Approach to Social Media
... Social media is comprised primarily of unstructured data, which is difficult to analyze. A new approach called Mindset, Skillset, Dataset can ...

Sending large datasets to Amazon? Use the Post Office
Amazon has introduced a new method to move large amounts of data to and from …

IDG Contributor Network: Are datasets truly anonymized? Two well-suited researchers are going to find ...
With little fanfare or formality, Adam Smith , associate professor of computer science and engineering in Penn State's School of Electrical Engineering ...

House GOP looks to shed light on EPA secret datasets
House Republicans have introduced a bill that would block the Environmental Protection Agency from crafting regulations based on “secret” scientific ...

Google Making It Easier to Transfer Huge Datasets on the Cloud
... Cloud Import services are now in preview mode, but could later be available on a widespread basis to help enterprises move their large datasets ...

Environmental datasets, reverse auction legislation and military email
News and notes from around the federal IT community. The White House's Data.gov has added five datasets to the Ecosystem Vulnerability theme ...

Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab
Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab