Application to Application

Hi,

 Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application.

I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution.

Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue makes it seem like a bad idea.

Are there other solutions that may work?

 Thanks, Dave

0
fathrDave

What kind of information are you sending to the other application? If you are just trying to avail some service can't you do through web services, the other app can expose some functionality and your app will just invoke the resp method and send the data etc.

Please let me know if I was unable to get your query.

0
sanchita_ind

Web resources about - Application to Application - asp.net.state-management

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...