Visual Studio 2005 and reports in Reporting services 2000

Hi all,

Right I have a SQL 2000 database and Reporting services 2000 server on the same machine. After some research i have found you must create reports in Visual studio 2003 which is fine. But the main app is written in Visual Studio 2005.

Is it possible to call/ display (not create) the reporting service report 2000 in visual studio 2005?

I have tired using the ReportViewer control but been unsuccessful.

Thanks

Frames_84

0
Frames_84

I didnt get your question properly. But you can create a project of type "Business Intelligence" in VS 2005 and create/update the reports. If my answer doesnt solve ur problem pls get back to me with more details. I worked on reporting services earlier and I think I can help you.

0
mcr_subbu

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Visual Studio 2005 And Reporting Services 2000
Hi. I am new using Reporting Services, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 And my information is saved in SQL Server 2000, can I use Reporting Services 2000 with Visual Studio 2005, can you give me some tips to do this?. Thank you and beste regards. Christian. HI, Christian: You cannot deploy 2005 reports to a 2000 server. You need to install VS 2003 and RS 2000 report designer to design 2000 reports.    Best Regards,__________________________________________________Sincerely,Rex LinMicrosoft Online Community SupportIf there is any question or the issue is not resolved, pl...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Visual Studio 2005 Reporting Service Wizard with Sql server 2000?
Could some one tell me if I can use visual studio 2005 business integlligence projects to run reporting services that uses a sql server 2000 database instead of a sql server 2005 database? By just having Visual Studio 2005 installed, would that be enough to create a report for production while connecting to a sql server 2000 database? Or will I run into problem because I am NOT using sql server 2005? I know at one time you had to install reporting services separate. Thanks, xyz789    Yes you can use SQL Server 2000 with Visual Studio 2005 for Reporting ...

why did i get prompt widow to request Reporting Services Login when i tried to deploy a report through Visual Studio 2005?
at work the reporting server has been set up by others.  when i create a report, i just deploy it without having to login.  i just installed reporting server at home computer.  i chose windows authentication and checked the box to add the installer as administrator.  now when i try to deploy a report, i was asked to login to the server http://localhost/ReportServer with user name and password.  I didn't set up user name or password.  i tried to click ok without filling anything but it didn't work.  could anybody tell me why i am required to...

Migrate from 32bit 2000 reporting services to 2005 64bit reporting services
Hello,   I am trying to migrate my reports from SQL server 2000 reporting services 32bit to 2005 64bit. I am following the migration steps that MS specified. Restored my Reportserver and ReportserverTempDB databases Then I was using the configure Report services to upgrade these databases but I always end up getting the follwoing exception when I run the upgrade on the "Database Setup" configuration for 'ReportServerTempDB' database System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'ReportServerTempDBTempDB'. No entry...

Using sql 2000 reporting services with Visual Studio 2005 (Express Edition) ?
Hi all, I've been developing using MS Web Developer 2005 (Express Edition) and now need to create reports. I've installed MS SQL 2000 Reporting Services on the applicable SQL 2000 server and am now stuck on how to create reports from MS Web Developer 2005. Do i need MS Web Developer 2005 Pro or alternatively Visual Studio .NET 2003 to create dynamic web based reports? If not could someone throw me some pointers please :) as im really having problems getting started on this. Cheers, Ryan I believe you need a full version of Visual Studio in order to use the proje...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service ReportViewer Control and Visual Studio.NET 2003
Hi, We have an ASP.NET 1.1 Application that is written using VS2003 but using SQL Server 2005 as database. Can we use Report Viewer Control that comes with SQL Server 2005 in our ASP.NET 1.1 Application?If not, Can some one suggest some alternative way of showing SQL Server 2005 Reports in ASP.NET 1.1  appllication.  ...

SSRS reports vs Visual Studio reports
Reports created in SSRS that have an .rdl extension.Visual Studio 2005s toolbox creates the same reports but has a .rdlc ext. using a ReportViewerControl. Can one be used in the other? I like the wizard, and the data, layout and preview tabs in SSRS. They are not there in Visual Studio.     there are big differance betwen RDL and RDLC reports The C stands for Client-side processing. RDL stands for Report Definition Language RDL files are created by the SQL Server 2005 version of Report Designer. RDLC files are created by the Visual Studio 2005 version of Report De...

Barcode for Reporting Services (SSRS 2000 & SSRS 2005)
Neodynamic is pleased to announce a new release of Barcode Professional for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2000 & 2005. Barcode Professional for Reporting Services is a .NET Component which allows you to deliver barcode images into your reports. Barcode Professional can generate the most popular Linear and 2D Barcode Symbologies and with this new version it can be used with Reporting Services 2000 and 2005. Barcode Professional supports all report export file formats (PDF, Excel, TIFF, Web Archive). When using with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server Business Intelligence...

Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000
Hello, Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000 or is it not possible due to the SSRS2005 RDL schema being different to the SSRS 2000 one. If it is technically possible, does this require a SQL 2005 licence due to the use of the Report Builder Client App ?  Thanks Chris_____________Christian Hi,  From your description, it seems that you report is developed in SSRS 2005, right?  Since in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005 there are a whole host of new features. This means that reports that are developed in Visual ...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Creating Report using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express with SQL 2005 Reporting Services Add-In
Hi I am wanting to learn how to create a Report using SQL 2005 Reporting Services, I use Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and have installed the Reporting Services Add-In for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. Does anyone here know of any good step-by-step tutorials on how to get started creating the reports. As I want something to go through how to create the datasource right through to creating / formating the report ready for use. Matthew       This links might help you:http://technoblab.blogspot.comhttp://www.databasejournal.comhttp://www.codeproject.com/...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 and reports in Reporting services 2000 - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanksgiving takes off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting surge in sales
... of Halloween in recent years, get ready to complain some more. Thanksgiving seems to have taken off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting ...

NBC News Beefs Up Intelligence, National Security Reporting
... News has hired Ken Dilanian, the Associated Press lead national security reporter, as part of a multi-stage plan to enhance the network’s reporting ...

Reporting for duty after Paris attacks
In a renewed sense of nationalism, young French citizens flock to army recruitment agencies to join the military.

New Segment Reporting Will Boost Google Stock: RBC
When Alphabet parent Google ( GOOGL ) reports fourth-quarter earnings it will also debut its new segment reporting, which RBC Capital Markets’ ...

Fiat Chrysler fined $70 million on safety reporting lapses
WASHINGTON - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will pay a $70 million fine for failing to report fatalities, injuries and warranty repairs as U.S. safety ...

'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ...
CNN International 'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ... CNN International Editor's note: Kurt ...

Subprime Credit Reporting Company To Pay $8M For Illegally Obtaining Consumers’ Credit Info
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, companies – and lenders – are allowed to access credit reports only for “permissible purposes,” like determining ...

Reporting from Foxboro: Respecting Osweiler’s arm
... RSN login or register Login Search form Search 56° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Reporting ...

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...