User instance when using VWD 2008 and SQL 2008 reporting services

Hi All

I have been fighting an issue for nearly 2 weeks now.

I have recreated an asp app which links to a database within app_data the user must login in to the database to extract information.

One of the pages incudes a Chart which uses reportviewer to extract from a reportserver on my local machine (at the moment).

I can logon to the reportserver and see my deployed report project and datasources and reports . I can view the reports from here no problem.

 The issue- :

If the Chart page is shown within the root(ie not logged in) and manually input the parameter required it shows the data.

If I move the Chart to a secured folder and login the message is Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user . This shows within the reportview control.

It seems the user instance takes control and doesnt want to use the credentials .

Obviously I do not want to setup each and every user on the report server or within the sql database.

Simply deleting the sql data directory within my user does not work either.

Hope you guys can help.

DaveWink

0
daveakaoooo

You need to pass the user credentials to your report viewer manually instead. Besides, if you do not want to set up each user on the report server, you can try to impersonate a username to achieve that.

0
Momo_Stev
9/29/2008 3:55:11 AM

Thanks for that.

I found the error . Beleive it or not . Call it stupidity but my data source on the report server didnot have the integrated secruity or the user instance parameters to true.

Once i did that it call kicked in. So be warned do not simply use the data source code from the report designer because it doesnt add these parameters.

SQL report server 2008 and VWD 2008.

Regards

Dave ( Now... a happy programmer)Big Smile

0
daveakaoooo

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

"Failure to create a user instance"
 On Windows Server 2008 - I installed Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced.I ported over several Websites from a Windows 2003 Web Server.When I go into the V.W.D. Solution Explorer for a given website, I see the MDF files ported from 2003, but when I go into Database Explorer to work with the data,  I get a Package Load Failure and the database will not connect.  Instead it says, "Failure to create a user instance of SQL Server, due to a failure in starting the process for the use instance. The connection will be closed."And whe...

VWD 2008, SQL Server 2008, reports, hacking
In past I updated to Visual Web Developer 2008 but found out there was no report designer. The report designer is an add-on for VWD 2005, and no compliment was present for 2008. I assumed it was because there was no SQL Server 2008 yet. I happily changed all my stuff over just to find out I couldn't create any reports. Reports I had worked fine. I just couldn't make any new ones. So what's the deal now? I want to upgrade again, but won't if there's no report designer. I can get Crystal installed, but I don't like Crystal, and it wouldn't be integrated with applic...

sql express 2008
Hi  I've having nightmares since upgrading to SQL Express 2008.  I keep getting the error: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.I've scoured the web and done the below but still no luck. Deleted C:\Users\my and all users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data\SQLEXPRESSRun exec sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1. ReconfigureAdded firewall exceptions and disabled the firewall although it should make no difference in this cas...

VWD 2008 and SQL 2008
I have installed VWD 2008 and I need to use SQL 2008 database. When I want to attach SQL 2008 database I have a message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly...".What can I do now?Could anybody help me...  This happens when you try to create a new database file in your App_Data application folder, VS2008 works with SQL Server 2005 instance.Why don't you use SQL Server 2008 to create your database and use it with the correct connection string, instead of creating it in your application and attaching it to SQL Serve...

Installing MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services to work with MS VWD 2008 Express Edition
Hi, I am trying to use ASP.Net in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. I initially had MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition on my computer before installing the MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. When I try to connect to the asp membership database, I get an error message. I then uninstalled the MS SQL 2005 Express and the VWD 2008 Express. I installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools and reinstalled the VWD 2008 Express edition with SP1, but I got the same error. Now I am an absolute beginner, I am thinking that maybe I don't know what I am doing. I have uni...

HMC 4.5 Using SQL 2008 running Windows 2008 64-bit error .Net 1.1 missing
HelloTrying to build hosted exchange 2007 4.5 in my lab.As my sql server i;m using non-clustered SQL 2008 64-bit running on Windows 2008 64-bit. Everything is going well until the step W03-DWSPV.31 deploying MPS Core platform, specifically step MPF Audit and Recovery to add new server. According to the manual i should be pointing to my SQL 2008 server which i did except that it gives me an error: Server abdc missing required .NET version 1.1 runtime and it will not proceed. I downloaded net 1.1 and installed it and rebooted the box, but still te same error shows up on the MPS server. Is wind...

VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008 & VS.NET 2008
Hi, I just download Visual Web Developer 2008 and little use it. Can anyone inform me what is the major difference b/w VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008, I am asking only on the ASP.NET point of view. Can some one also guide me If I use Visual Studio 2008 so what major extra benefit I can take as compare to using VWD 2008. Please give me some practical example. Thanks in advance. Difference VS 2005 Target Framework 2.0 AJAX - To be installed separately by installing AJAX Extensions JavaScript Intellisense -limited JavaScript debugging - limited VWD 2008 Target Framework 2.0-3.5 ...

generating user instances in sql server is disabled. use sp_configure user instances enabled to generate user instances.
 When I am in Visual Studio 2005, and I try to add an SQL database, I get the following error "generating user instances in sql server is disabled. use sp_configure user instances enabled to generate user instances." I am currently using SQL server 2005 Express. What do I need to do, to create an SQL database? Thanks in advance.  Execute this statement:sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1; RECONFIGURE  You can execute it either from Management Studio for SQL Express (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/) or from Visual St...

Export PPT and PPS reports in SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
What’s new in this release? Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services v2.0.0.0 now allows you to export Microsoft PowerPoint PPT and PPS reports in SQL server 2008 also. The improved rendering engine makes it possible generating reports with nested tables, groups and lists. More about Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is a rendering extension for Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008 Reporting Services (x86 and x64) to generate reports in Microsoft PowerPoint PPT and PPS formats. All RDL report features including tables, matrices, charts, images, su...

reporting service + sql 2008
Hi , i am new to reporting services.... i have installed sql server enterprise edition yesterday... i opened sql server reporting configuration tool when i clicked report manager url( there was a url) when i clicked the url it displayed the local reporting site(default) i have created simeple reports yesterday with report wizard and successfully depolyed i could successfully view the reports in the url yesterday but i dont know what happened when i clicked the url today it says Page cannot be displayed this is the log file <Header> <Product&g...

Error: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.
Hi to all,I have a website developed in ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 and Ajax 1.0. When i tried to debug it in vs 2005, it gives me this error "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances." I dun know how to correct this error and where to set this user instance enabled. If anybody knows it solution, kindly let me know about it.....!Thanks in advance.  I'm assuming you've got SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?  I don't think you can have user instances with anything other t...

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
I have the developer version of SQL 2005 & SQL Server Express 2008 installed on my laptop and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.    I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and want to work with a SQL Server Express 2008, but I can't connect to SQL Server Express 2008.  I first tried to ADD a SQL Server Database by adding a SQL Server Database to app_data and received the error "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Then I attempted to ADD the Membership.MDF ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Web resources about - User instance when using VWD 2008 and SQL 2008 reporting services - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanksgiving takes off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting surge in sales
... of Halloween in recent years, get ready to complain some more. Thanksgiving seems to have taken off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting ...

Bill Hemmer Discusses Ground Reporting in Paris, the French’s Willingness to Strike Back
Fox News Channel’s Bill Hemmer reported live from Paris, with around the clock reports on a variety of shows including Fox & Friends, The Five ...

New Segment Reporting Will Boost Google Stock: RBC
When Alphabet parent Google ( GOOGL ) reports fourth-quarter earnings it will also debut its new segment reporting, which RBC Capital Markets’ ...

TMZ is reporting that Charlie Sheen once had HIV — but now it's basically gone
TMZ has reported that Charlie Sheen once had HIV, but that it is no longer detectable. The site's sources said that the actor contracted the ...

'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ...
CNN International 'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ... CNN International Editor's note: Kurt ...

Subprime Credit Reporting Company To Pay $8M For Illegally Obtaining Consumers’ Credit Info
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, companies – and lenders – are allowed to access credit reports only for “permissible purposes,” like determining ...

Reporting from Foxboro: Hopes for Chandler
... RSN login or register Login Search form Search 38° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Reporting ...

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...

What Is New In Sustainability Reporting? What Do Supply Chain Professionals Need To Know About It?
These kinds of reports help supply chain and operations professionals understand what may be required of them in the not so distant future. So ...