USER CAN'T CONNECT THE REPORTING SERVER (AD USERNAME) using SQL SERVER MANAGMENT STUDIO 2005

Normal
  0

  false
  false
  false

  EN-US
  X-NONE
  X-NONE

 /* Style Definitions */
 table.MsoNormalTable
	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-qformat:yes;
	mso-style-parent:"";
	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
	mso-para-margin:0in;
	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}

Dear Experts;

I have the following network configuration;

DOMAIN                                : (Win 2003, DHCP, DNS)
MEMBER SERVER              : (win 2003, SQL server 2005 SP2)

INSTANCE                                      : (mssqlserver)

AUTHONTICATION              : Windows Authentication

IEXPLORE
http://localhost/reports

http://server/reports               (server and remote clients are working perfectly)
http://localhost/reportserver

http://server/reportserver      (server and remote clients are working perfectly)

@ MANAGMENT STUDIO

SERVER:

The database and reporting server are working perfectly

CLIENTS (REMOTE COMPUTER XP MACHINE)

·        Clients can connect the DATABASE ENGINE using Management Studio 2005 (Windows Authentication)

·        On the MANAGEMENT STUDIO 2005, the clients (remote machine) are not able to connected.

·        I have created appropriate user name created on the report manager.

The following error messages (windows authentication)

Cannot connect to -SQLSERVER.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The machine could not be found (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient)

------------------------------
SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!!

0
appwarez

Hi make sure the NETWORK SERVICE user has rights to your ReportManager folder inside reporting services.

Liam Mcmullen
0
liammcmullen
8/6/2008 10:59:44 AM

 Thanks a lot for you suggestion and user can connect the Database engine(from MANAGMENT STUIDO 2005) using their windows authontication as well as http://servername/reports and http://servername/reportserver the problem is they can cannot connect the REPORTING SERVER Using MANAGEMENT STUDIO getting the above said error.

0
appwarez

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?
Hi,Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?   You certainly can!I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases. ...

how can associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection in sql server 2005?
I want to use sa user login sql server 2005 to visit my database "dotnet20" but when I set the user property in User Mapping, It Report when I set it, An Error Occur like followCannot use the special principal 'sa'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)and also when I want to Login sql server use 'sa' user, It Report Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)how can  associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection? I'm having this exact same problem. When I login using Windows authent. I can co...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Sql server 2005, can't find the management studio???
I installed the DVD of microsoft SQL server 2005 devloper edition CTPduring installation I selected all parts (include client parts)but after installation, I can't see management studio, only have configuration managercan anybody tell me why? and how to solve it?thanks,Joseph Go to the SQL Server 2005 web site and check the docs for the product, if your talking about the full product, or the SQLExpress 2005 site regarding it.  I believe the Manager is only available as a download at this time.  Always a Pleasure never a Chore The two management studios are separate install un...

Can't connect to SQL Server 2005 in Visual Studio, only SQLExpress works?
Hi all,I'm having a big problem here. I can't seem to connect to a database of MSSQL Server 2005... Here is what I've did:1. Under the Server Explorer>Data Connections. Right click and choose "Add Connection..."2. Data Source was "Microsoft SQL Server Database File". Click OK.3. I browse to the database in the MSSQL.2/MSSQL/Data folder.4. Click on the "Advanced" button, and change the default DataSource from .\SQLEXPRESS to .\MSSQLSERVER. Click OK5.  Received this error:An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When...

Web resources about - USER CAN'T CONNECT THE REPORTING SERVER (AD USERNAME) using SQL SERVER MANAGMENT STUDIO 2005 - asp.net.ssrs