The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.

I'm not sure what this error is referring to.

I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.

Thanks.

Doug

0
drdexter33

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. On 7/17/07, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com <zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in > the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone > give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. Have you seen what's on CPAN? http://search.cpan.org/search?query=ssh&mode=all Good luck w...

Cannot connect report to access database away from development server
Hi all, I recently posted an issue about moving from my development server and my local IIS server which turned out to be a network domain priviliges issue which I solved with impersonation in my web.config and I think this may be a similar thing but I'm still stumped. I have a simple app that opens a report that is connected to a access database in the web viewer which I have written in Visual web developer express 2008. It all works lovely on the development server. On my IIS server however it goes to the "This report requires more information screen" an...

How to connect Rave Reports components to the server database [Edit]
Hello, I have a DataSnap application with using C++ Builder XE and InterBase SMP 2009. There are many Forms and Controls and DataSet's and other components and data is always shown on screen or could be exported. Now I need to generate some reports using Rave Reports that came with this version of C++ Builder, but there is an error message "Unable to gain " that is shown in following code: code.. RvProject_Tickets->SetParam("IDVEND", IdVend); RvProject_Tickets->Open(); TRaveDatabase* BaseDatosRaveReport; BaseDatosRaveReport = dynamic_cast<TRaveDatab...

how to connect from web server to database server.
In my client’s site, there is two server: database server (computer name : abc) and web server(computer name : xyz). In database server, there is a folder call TestDB which I put the database in this folder. For security reason, we can not make folder TestDB share in the network. That is too say, web server can not access folder TestDB.   And I develop the web program need to connect the database on the database server. In my web.config setting, I have this line as the connect string.   <add key="TestDB" value="Provider=PervasiveOLEDB;Data Source= TestDB;Location=abc" >&...

how to connect a database server with two databases
Hi, I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B), but I found that I only connect and query of database A, not B by JDBC . Can ASA support that ???? Thanks Yes, you can connect to any one of the database loaded on a server. Example, if I start the server using dbsrv6 -n myServer A.db B.db C.db Then I can specify which database I want to connect to by using the DBN (databasename) connection parameter, as in dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;eng=myServer;dbn=A" will connect to the A.db database, where as dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;e...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

how i run a server report from report manager and at the same time a void closing the .mdf database in order not to get an error that database file is closed when trying to insert a new record.
I have had this problem several times. Every time i open report manager and run a report, i can not insert a new record in the database that serves as the data store for the reports iam hosting on the report server. I get an error that the database is not accessible because its closed.  True, when i click database explorer and right click on the .mdf database file that supplies my sever reports with data and check its properties, its state is closed. After a while (30 to 60 minutes) the database is open again and a new record can be added successfully. This happens on ou...

Report Viewer Cannot Connect to Report Server VWD
Using VWD I am trying to use the report viewer to display a report that i have on my sql 2005 report server. I AM Able get to the report server page by going to the site's ipaddress\reportsthe report i want to display is in a folder so when adding the report to the reportviewer control in VWD i putipaddress\reports for the server url then I put foldername\reportname for  the report path the report never shows up in design mode and when i try to view the page in a browser I keep gettingThe attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection ...

Web resources about - The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. - asp.net.ssrs

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...