Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005

Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver.

Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction.

Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports.

Iam looking for help

thxs in advance

Pradeep

Pradeep Reddy
0
pradeeprede

Suprotim
12/17/2007 2:17:43 PM

Thxs Agarawal for ur quick help...but in da example he is creating reports in da application itself...but in my condition me already created a reportserver project and deployed in reportserver.

But i want to access these reports in my webapplication...how to integrate this reportserver project to my web application.

Pradeep Reddy
0
pradeeprede

Well in that case, this code should help you out :

ReportViewer1.ServerUrl=@"http://localhost/ReportServer";
ReportViewer1.ReportPath=@"/MyReports/Customer Orders";
// Set the parameters
ReportViewer1.SetQueryParameter("OrderId",ddlOrders.SelectedValue);
ReportViewer1.SetQueryParameter("City",txtCity.Text);

HTH,
Suprotim Agarwal

-----
http://www.dotnetcurry.com
-----

ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips
0
Suprotim

Was searching my codebase to see if I could find any other solutions:

Here's it :

reportViewer.ProcessingMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ProcessingMode.Remote;
// Set report server and report path
reportViewer.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = new Uri("http://localhost/reportserver");
string repPath = "<Your report path>";
 reportViewer.ServerReport.ReportPath = repPath;
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter[] RptParameters =
                new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter[1];

string OrderId = ddlOrders.SelectedValue;
RptParameters[0] = new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter("order_id", OrderId);

this.reportViewer.ServerReport.SetParameters(RptParameters);

this.reportViewer.ServerReport.Refresh();

HTH,
Suprotim Agarwal

-----
http://www.dotnetcurry.com
-----

ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips
0
Suprotim
12/17/2007 3:31:36 PM

it solved my problem....thxs agarwal.

one more question:

for my report i have to pass two parameters respectively 1) CustomerID and 2) FromDate. after runing this report its showing two textboxes for customerID and and FromDate. But i want to put a dropdown list with customers and a date picker instead of textboxes.

is it possible?....den how?

 Thxs

Pradeep Reddy
0
pradeeprede
12/20/2007 7:08:37 AM

done! i added both ddl and datepicker

Pradeep Reddy
0
pradeeprede
12/20/2007 11:36:21 AM

That was great help. Thanks

0
anita

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service ReportViewer Control and Visual Studio.NET 2003
Hi, We have an ASP.NET 1.1 Application that is written using VS2003 but using SQL Server 2005 as database. Can we use Report Viewer Control that comes with SQL Server 2005 in our ASP.NET 1.1 Application?If not, Can some one suggest some alternative way of showing SQL Server 2005 Reports in ASP.NET 1.1  appllication.  ...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

visual studio 2005 and sql server 2005 reporting
im creating sql server reporting in visual studio 2005 and using sql server 2005 what do i need on the visual studio 2005 ? in order to create tool ? in 2003 VS i use  to use Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices thanks.Its all about coding! Hello, There is a Reporting Services install for 2005, similar to 2003.  This time it installs a wrapper if you don't have Visual Studio 2005, and isn't reliant on the VS software.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires&q...

how to generate report using sql server 2005 and visual studio 2005
Dear All,   I am basically new as far as SQl server 2005 concern. I want to try out reporting services provided by sql server 2005. That is make report using sql server 2005 and call that report from web or window application.   Please guide me in doing so or give me some useful link. Thanks       here is some nice vedios to get stated with ssrs http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/Standards/Rules/RulesToBetterSQLReportingServices.aspx enjoyanibri fouadMorocco in love with dotNet...

SQL Server 2000 with Visual Studio .NET 2005
Current Situation:  SQL Server 2000 DB using ASP 3.0 front-end.  Uses form based user security (i.e. users register online, setup their own profile info, and select their desired group/role).  I as admin, activate there account upon receipt.  Simply uses a user and group table within the DB and links to other tables so I know what user has edited what record(s).  Typical ASP 3.0 web enabled db application. Goal or Desire: To bring the SQL Server 2000 DB inside a Visual Studio .NET 2005 environment and recreate all ASP 3.0 pages to ASP.NET pages. Concerns:  Use...

Problem with Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express with Advanced Services
I install the  SQL Server 2005 Express with Advanced Services   and now the visual studio 2005 only show the start form and mothing more , with bussines intellegence studio is the same. what i can do? Thanks...

How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005
How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure. Kumud Tripathi You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to...

Visual Studio 2005 Reporting Service Wizard with Sql server 2000?
Could some one tell me if I can use visual studio 2005 business integlligence projects to run reporting services that uses a sql server 2000 database instead of a sql server 2005 database? By just having Visual Studio 2005 installed, would that be enough to create a report for production while connecting to a sql server 2000 database? Or will I run into problem because I am NOT using sql server 2005? I know at one time you had to install reporting services separate. Thanks, xyz789    Yes you can use SQL Server 2000 with Visual Studio 2005 for Reporting ...

Is Visual Studio.Net 2003 Compatible with SQL Server 2005 Express?
Hi, I am new to this. I have Visual Studio 2003 Developers Edition, but I do not have SQL server 2000, so I downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express(which is free). My question is, is Visual Studio.Net 2003 Compatible with SQL Server 2005 Express? That is, do I need 2.0 framework to work with SQL server 2005, or version 1.1 framework will work fine? Thank you As far as calling the db, it should be fine. You just dont have the integrated functionality (managed SPROCs, etc) that you would get with VS2005(but even then you need the big versions)....

Visual Studio 2005 (VB & C#), SQL 2005 (including BI), & .NET Training
If you are searching for in-depth, comprehensive instructor-led training in CD/DVD format, please contact me at your earliest convenience.AppDev Training provides award-winning training resources based on Microsoft technologies.  All of our courses are produced and developed from the ground up by Microsoft MVP's and are complete with hands-on labs, sample code and printed courseware.Buy One Get One Free in August! 2007 "Best Training" asp.netPRO Readers Choice Awards!2007 “Best Instructor-Led Training” Visual Studio Magazine Readers Choice Awards!2007 "Editor'...

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Source Control?
I just want a simple software change management tool for these two tools... Team Foundation Server is too big for me...  What should I do? Hi,at the moment we still use Visual Source Safe untill VSTS ships as a RTM version. But there are other systems availble too. I heard some people that they were using CVS but I don't have any experience with it.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

SQL Server 2005
I'm very confused.  I installed Visual Studio 2005 and thought I understood that SQL Server 2005 came with it, but it appears that it's SQL Server 2005 - Express.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get Data Transformation Services loaded or the equivalent of DTS in SQL Express?     beejay I have to say: actually SQL Express, not SQL2005 full version, comes with VS2005. To manage your SQL Express databases much easier, you can download a Management Studio Express from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ Then you can...

Web resources about - Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005 - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why reporting season is all about growth for Platypus
Growth is a concern for investors as companies report, and the global economy is part of the problem.

Why reporting season is all about growth for Platypus
Growth is a concern for investors as companies report, and the global economy is part of the problem.

Why reporting season is all about growth for Platypus
Growth is a concern for investors as companies report, and the global economy is part of the problem.

Why reporting season is all about growth for Platypus
Growth is a concern for investors as companies report, and the global economy is part of the problem.

ABC acknowledges error in reporting of Nauru child sexual assault story, paediatrician says she provided ...
The ABC issues a correction over claims an asylum seeker child was sexually assaulted.

Xi's speech on news reporting resonates with domestic outlets
NDTV Xi's speech on news reporting resonates with domestic outlets CCTV The Overseas Edition of the People's Daily said in an article Monday ...

MDC Stock Up Almost 10% Day After Reporting Fourth-Quarter Earnings
MDC Partners' stock jumped 9.7% as investors reacted favorably to the company's strong full-year and fourth-quarter earnings yesterday. For ...

Remembering a Journalist Who Defined AIDS Reporting
On this, the anniversary date of the death of Randy Shilts Feb. 17, 1994, one of the best ways to honor the reporter’s legacy’s is to listen ...

What we learned from week one of reporting season
While equities plunged into bear market territory, the first week of profit reporting season delivered a surprisingly upbeat assessment of the ...