scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports

Dear all,

I have 40+ reports in reporting services.

Is there any scripts to convert these reports with passing parameters to pdf and save in the folder scheduledly?

As user will be very uneasy to go to the web site and click for each report everytime in reporting service site.

Thanks you for your help!!!

0
rchiu5hk

From your description, you are wondering how to export the report to the pdf without viewing the report in browser. If so, we could achieve it via the following code.

       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer rview = new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer();
        rview.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = new Uri("http://localhost:8080/ReportServer");
        rview.ServerReport.ReportPath = "/Adventure Works/Report1";
        string mimeType, encoding, extension;
        string[] streamids;Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Warning[] warnings;
        string format = "PDF";
        byte[] bytes = rview.ServerReport.Render(format, "", out mimeType, out encoding, out extension, out streamids, out warnings);
        //save the pdf file to the folder
        FileStream fs = new FileStream(Server.MapPath("report.pdf"), FileMode.Open);
        byte[] data = new byte[fs.Length];
        fs.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
        fs.Close();

Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.

Sincerely,
Zong-Qing Li
Microsoft Online Community Support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
1
Zong

Reporting Services for PDF report?
Hi Gang, I am working on my first significant ASP.Net project. Users of the site fill out long application forms spanning several web pages and containing a lot of variable-length text. I need to be able to create a printed report of the resulting application including the original questions and their answers, including checkboxes which I would like to show as checked or unchecked. I would really like the result to be a PDF file because that would make it easy to print and download. Before I head off on a tangent learning how to use Reporting Services, is this the right tool for what I am t...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Converting Access report to Reporting Services
Hi,I am trying to convert an Access report where I use expressions to calculate the number of males/females for example.I have used the following expression, but it always returns an incorrect figure:=Sum(IIf(Fields!gender.Value = "Female", 1, 0)) When I check the query however it has 46 rows = to 'Female', but when I previes the report it always comes out as 24.What's causing this? Thanks  Hi, From your description, it seems the expression doesn’t return the right number of those ‘Female’ field, right? What I can see is to use a TRIM function to remo...

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode
Hi  I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service proje...

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

How to wire up reporting services reports to a C# .NET application
I have created some reporting services reports using SQL server 2005. Now I need to know how to wire up the reports into my Visual Studio project. I am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. Is there anything special I need to do? Also I don't know how to invoke the report from my C# code. Can someone give me some tips? So in summary I have two questions. 1.) How to setup my reporting services project inside of my asp.net C#/Visual Studio project. 2.) How to invoke my .rdl report from my asp.net/C# code.    This article might help http://www.codep...

Debugging Reporting Services Report
Is there way to step through and see what is happening in a report like you can in a web application?  What I want is to see the syntax of the stored procedure that I am calling with all of it's parameters that I am setting at run time....

How to author reports for Reporting Services?
I have installed and am using Reporting Services. I can create RDL files using Visual Studio.NET, but like to offload this task to a minion who does not have VS.NET. Is there a stripped down something-or-other to make reports that and end user or business analyst could use and then upload the reports? Thanks.--[_]-[_]--AGENT_SMITH You might consider Soft Artisans' OfficeWriter. I personally don't have any experience using Reporting Services with OfficeWriter; I have only used their ExcelWriter product and was very pleased with both it and their customer service. TerriTerri ...

Crystal reports to Reporting Services
Crystal reports to Reporting Services Is there any way I can convert Crystal reports to Reporting Services instead of creating reports again in Reporting Services?   HI,  JIM.H. You can check out this great article. Hope it helps Converting Crystal to Reporting Services http://blogs.msdn.com/gsnowman/archive/2005/10/12/480305.aspx If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information. I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my p...

Reporting Services
I've developed a variety of reports using 2005 MSS Reporting Services and searching for a visually appealing method to list the reports to the consumers. Initially, I created a simple list report with the individual rows of the list report hyperlinked to the actual Reporting Services reports. Is anyone aware of a different method or technique to create a listing of Reporting Services reports that's more visually appealing than a standard list report? Any info is greatly appreciated! what about SQL Server Reporting Services Regards,Stefan Uzunov Hi, Based on my unders...

VB6 reports to reporting services
Is there any way of migrating reports written in VB6 to Reporting Services?...

Web resources about - scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spotlight review: Restrained, realistic view of investigative reporting provokes cold fury
Director Tom McCarthy's take on newspaper investigation into child sex abuse by Catholic Church a worthy Oscar contender.

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

Florida, Illinois latest in reporting Zika virus cases - Videos - CBS News
U.S. health officials are reporting new cases of a mosquito-borne virus linked to birth defects. Florida reported three confirmed cases of the ...

Ford changes pension reporting
Ford said it will restate its financial results since 2011 and show a $1.5 billion rise in 2015 pretax profit as it changes its pension reporting. ...

Apple investigating iPhone 6s models not correctly reporting battery life
If you have an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus that’s not properly showing how much battery you have left, there’s good news and bad news. Bad news ...

ObamaCare Reporting Deadline Pushed Back For Employers
The agencies say most taxpayers won't be affected by the extension

How the Kochs tried to destroy a journalist reporting on their political machine
... For her efforts she became a target of smear campaign. She writes about it in her book, as David Corn reports for Mother Jones. While reporting ...

Coaches, A.D. At Tennessee HS Charged For Not Reporting Sexual Assault In Hazing Incident
Criminal charges have been brought against the basketball coach, assistant coach, and athletic director at the Tennessee high school where three ...

California fines Uber $7.6 million for not reporting driver data
Uber was hit with a $7.6 million fine on Thursday after the California Public Utilities Commission found that the company failed to provide proper ...