Reporting Services Report - Refreshing when Parameter changes

I have a simple report that has 2 parameters Month and Manufacturer.  I would like the report to automatically refresh when a different selection has been made from either of the parameters.   Is this possible?  Currently when I change to a different manufacturer I have to then click on the View Report button to refresh the report with new data.

I read somthing about an advanced option in the parameters dialog box, but it does not seem to exist on my dialog box.

Thanks

Richgreen

0
richbgreen21

Hello,

As per I know, Refershing the Report when the Parameters changed is not possible without clicking on the 'Button'.

If you want to refresh the data for the same selected parameters for a specific perido of time, There is a 'Auto Refresh' Property for the Report. There you cna mention the Time Gap to Refresh.

Hope this helps

ShilpaReddy
http://www.ggktech.com
0
ShilpaReddyA

Reporting services: Querying a web service with report parameters (xml data extension)
 Hi all,I am using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 and am attempting to query a web service that I have. If I query a webservice that doesn't take in any parameters, say service(), then I am able to get a flatten dataset. If I try with a web service that requires parameters, say service(string id, string procedure), I tried to pass in report parameters. However, on the web service side the report parameters do not exist and if I inspect the parameters, they are null. I added report parameters using the Data and Layout tabs via a Report Server Project. Does anyone k...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Providing external parameters to reporting services report
Folks, I am working on a web application that will allow users to click a point on a map, which I hope will then open a reporting services report and pass the geo location parameters to the report. Can anyone show me an example of a reporting services report which takes external parameters from another source e.g. another web form Thanks K     Hi You can start with these articles -http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/ReportingServices.aspxhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/AHCreatRepsAspNet.aspx  and check this post on how ...

How do you pass a Parameter List to a Sub Report in Reporting Services?
Hi,  I've been racking my brains out on trying to figure this out, and was hoping perhaps someone on this forum might have an answer. I have a report that calls a subreport,  the user gets to this subreport by clicking on a link within the report.   The link is a total for a particular section. For example.. Country                       Sales US                  &nbs...

How to wire up reporting services reports to a C# .NET application
I have created some reporting services reports using SQL server 2005. Now I need to know how to wire up the reports into my Visual Studio project. I am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. Is there anything special I need to do? Also I don't know how to invoke the report from my C# code. Can someone give me some tips? So in summary I have two questions. 1.) How to setup my reporting services project inside of my asp.net C#/Visual Studio project. 2.) How to invoke my .rdl report from my asp.net/C# code.    This article might help http://www.codep...

How to call Sub report from main report with main report parameters
Using SSRS 2008 i have implemented a chart and i have passed parameters to chart properties --> jump report and i implemented a subreport. when ever i am clicking main report chart its redirecting to subreport but its not taking the parameters once again i need to select the subreport parameters then only its working.   Can any one help me how to move to the subreport along with parameters.   Thanks in advance  For further help with SSRS, you could ask at:SQL Server Team http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/ SQL Server Central http://www.sqlservercentral.com/ SQL Server at M...

display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode
Hi  I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service proje...

scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports
Dear all, I have 40+ reports in reporting services. Is there any scripts to convert these reports with passing parameters to pdf and save in the folder scheduledly? As user will be very uneasy to go to the web site and click for each report everytime in reporting service site. Thanks you for your help!!! Hi, From your description, you are wondering how to export the report to the pdf without viewing the report in browser. If so, we could achieve it via the following code.        Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer rview = new Microsoft.Reporti...

Call SSRS 2005 Report from VB.NET and save report to directory after ran
I'm not sure quite where to post this but: How can I call an SSRS 2005 Report from my VB.NET application and have the report saved to a specific folder. I need to create a summary report every time my VB.NET code runs. I just don't know how to achieve this in VB.NET and SSRS 2005. Example: 1) My VB.NET console application runs 2) the console app splits out a txt file and inserts its rows into several DB tables 3) I want to somehow call a report I create in SSRS , let's call it "Summary Report" and have it run based on the results of this run into a PDF or something into the directory I ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

Reporting Services
I've developed a variety of reports using 2005 MSS Reporting Services and searching for a visually appealing method to list the reports to the consumers. Initially, I created a simple list report with the individual rows of the list report hyperlinked to the actual Reporting Services reports. Is anyone aware of a different method or technique to create a listing of Reporting Services reports that's more visually appealing than a standard list report? Any info is greatly appreciated! what about SQL Server Reporting Services Regards,Stefan Uzunov Hi, Based on my unders...

Debugging Reporting Services Report
Is there way to step through and see what is happening in a report like you can in a web application?  What I want is to see the syntax of the stored procedure that I am calling with all of it's parameters that I am setting at run time....

Web resources about - Reporting Services Report - Refreshing when Parameter changes - asp.net.ssrs

Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store ...
Get Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

NSW election: Leaders' conduct makes a refreshing change
One of the most encouraging things to come out of Saturday night was Luke Foley's apparent willingness to join Mike Bard in lifting political ...

Socceroos certain also-rans: how refreshing
Australia is the 62nd-ranked soccer country in the world. In the other team sports dearest to Australians' hearts, there are not even 62 countries ...

WAG culture: Mirka Federer made a refreshing change
It really shouldn't be headline news, not in 2014, but so faultlessly has Mirka Federer conducted herself in the five years she has been married ...

Refreshing taste of diplomacy
The Scandinavians are heading south.

Refreshing way to brew a sector newbie
Nexba: refreshing way to brew an iced tea sector newbie

Justin Trudeau's Abortion Tweet About Women Is Pretty Refreshing
At a time when it can feel like women's rights are being determined by people who aren't, frankly, affected by them, one Canadian politician ...

Tea's refreshing change
Li Jiayi and her friends are happy to spend 1,000 yuan between them over a pot of tea.

This ‘Refreshing’ Document Review Job Ad Is Actually Just Annoying And Unprofessional
Does this company want document review attorneys or “camp counselors?” Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter or become a fan on ...

Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing
... that’s enough to suspect it’ll get passed around the office by basketball lovers. The post Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing ...