Report Viewer 404 error

I am getting:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

 From the report viewer that is in my asp.net site. The odd piece though is it pulls up the report parameters, and control panel allows me to select the different parameters, however when I click on view report I get the 404 message down in the actual report part.

I have a simple viewer:

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana"
        Font-Size="8pt" Height="400px" ProcessingMode="Remote" Width="800px">
        <ServerReport ReportPath="/foldername/reportname"
            ReportServerUrl="http://servername/reportserver" />
    </rsweb:ReportViewer>

 Any thoughts on why it will sorta pull the report but then not find the "results"?

Thanks for all the help.

0
keeperofstars

 Thank you. After making the changes mainly the addition of the handler in the web.config file. I now get a server error 500 back.

Thoughts?

Thanks

-1
keeperofstars
10/24/2008 4:50:15 PM

 Ok, I added the changes to the web config, and now have this problem.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

I am using identity impersonate=true

I have added the .dll / references to the project, but still get this error. If I make the account I am using for impersonation an admin on the webserver everything works perfectly. What rights does the impersonation account need in order to not get this error?

keeperofstars
10/27/2008 7:50:18 PM

 I added the impersonate account to the IIS_Users group and everything works fine. Baring I stay mindful of this, everything works just fine.

0
keeperofstars
10/28/2008 6:31:23 PM

you have to go to iis n add the particular report

keeperofstars:

I am getting:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

 From the report viewer that is in my asp.net site. The odd piece though is it pulls up the report parameters, and control panel allows me to select the different parameters, however when I click on view report I get the 404 message down in the actual report part.

I have a simple viewer:

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana"
        Font-Size="8pt" Height="400px" ProcessingMode="Remote" Width="800px">
        <ServerReport ReportPath="/foldername/reportname"
            ReportServerUrl="http://servername/reportserver" />
    </rsweb:ReportViewer>

 Any thoughts on why it will sorta pull the report but then not find the "results"?

Thanks for all the help.

0
hgraghu

Web resources about - Report Viewer 404 error - asp.net.ssrs

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

U.S. News & World Report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
U.S. News & World Report is an American news magazine published from Washington, D.C. Along with Time and Newsweek it was for many years a leading ...

Penalty rates: Business groups, unions prepare for fight ahead of Productivity Commission report
The Productivity Commission is expected to call for an overhaul of penalty rates in a final report into workplace relations due today.

Report: Apple retail stores to start selling accessibility accessories early next year
... For more news on AAPL Company , Apple Store , and Apple Retail Store continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Report: Apple ...

The 2015 Awards Report: See the World's Most Creative Agencies, Campaigns and Clients
We present the winners of our 2015 Awards Report, highlighting the most creatively celebrated companies and personalities of the year. As you'll ...

Apple Stores to feature accessibility products in early 2016, report says
According to a report on Sunday, Apple plans to market through its online and brick-and-mortar stores accessibility products designed to aid ...