Opening Report Builder reports in Visual Studio 2005

I have created a report in Report Builder and I want to open it in VS 2005.  I have saved the .rdl file and opened it, but when I try to open the report it says VS is missing the data source and report model.  Is it possible to open and edit reports built in Report Builder in VS?

Thanks,

 Mike

0
mike72

Hey, based on my test, we couldn't open the report which is created in report builder via the visual studio.

Hunters.

0
Demon

SSRS reports vs Visual Studio reports
Reports created in SSRS that have an .rdl extension.Visual Studio 2005s toolbox creates the same reports but has a .rdlc ext. using a ReportViewerControl. Can one be used in the other? I like the wizard, and the data, layout and preview tabs in SSRS. They are not there in Visual Studio.     there are big differance betwen RDL and RDLC reports The C stands for Client-side processing. RDL stands for Report Definition Language RDL files are created by the SQL Server 2005 version of Report Designer. RDLC files are created by the Visual Studio 2005 version of Report De...

Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000
Hello, Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000 or is it not possible due to the SSRS2005 RDL schema being different to the SSRS 2000 one. If it is technically possible, does this require a SQL 2005 licence due to the use of the Report Builder Client App ?  Thanks Chris_____________Christian Hi,  From your description, it seems that you report is developed in SSRS 2005, right?  Since in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005 there are a whole host of new features. This means that reports that are developed in Visual ...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Visual Studio 2005 and reports in Reporting services 2000
Hi all,  Right I have a SQL 2000 database and Reporting services 2000 server on the same machine. After some research i have found you must create reports in Visual studio 2003 which is fine. But the main app is written in Visual Studio 2005. Is it possible to call/ display (not create) the reporting service report 2000 in visual studio 2005? I have tired using the ReportViewer control but been unsuccessful. Thanks Frames_84  I didnt get your question properly. But you can create a project of type "Business Intelligence" in VS 2005 and create/update the repor...

Report in Visual Studio .NET 2005
Hi, I am creating a report in Visual Studio 2005. I have scenario that, a table has say 15 rows like ID, Name as (1, A) (2, B), (3, C), .....(15, J) I want to put them on the report in two columns just like check box list with repeatColumn = 2. How can I do this. Also In one of them should be checked or strike out which was selected in the form. Regards, Ather AliAther Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi, UAE.   I found one solution for my self, that is. Make a databtable with Columns like (Column1, Column1Value, Column2, Column2Value) then retrieve data from ...

creating reports in Visual studio 2005 using Crystal report
hi: i was trying to create a report using crystal report in visual studio 2005 and i was unable to link my database to the report.rpt can anyone please tell me the steps how to connect my database to the crystal report or any link that may help me.     very ugently. thank you for your support...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

Crating reports from Visual studio .NET 2005
Hi, please could somebody tell me how to create a report from a webpage, is there any free software out there to create a pdf report from a web form? or any free add on (that works) to create a report within visual studio? If you're just looking for a utility to convert a web form -> PDF, you could try iTextSharp. RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question Thanks for the reply, however it's not quite what I'm looking for, I am looking to print a form out without any other info on the sheet i.e. no url, date, file name or page no....

Call SSRS 2005 Report from VB.NET and save report to directory after ran
I'm not sure quite where to post this but: How can I call an SSRS 2005 Report from my VB.NET application and have the report saved to a specific folder. I need to create a summary report every time my VB.NET code runs. I just don't know how to achieve this in VB.NET and SSRS 2005. Example: 1) My VB.NET console application runs 2) the console app splits out a txt file and inserts its rows into several DB tables 3) I want to somehow call a report I create in SSRS , let's call it "Summary Report" and have it run based on the results of this run into a PDF or something into the directory I ...

How to use Crystal Reports.Net with Visual Studio 2005?
Hi. I am new user of visual 2005 and crystal report.net. I will appriciate if someone can answer my question. 1. Can I use Crystal Report.Net came with Visual Studio 2005 to deploy web application? 2. Can someone provide simple sample code asp.net 2.0 application in VB to implement crystal report (using pubs table in sql 2000 or sql 2005). That is, to show crystal report page of "select top 20 * from employee (pubs db)" 3. Do I have to have report designer to develop crystal report page? 4. Can I use crystal report.net for production use? (licensing) 5. Is it limited or unlim...

Code Comment Web Report in Visual Studio.NET 2005
    In VS 2003 you could generate a Code Comment Web Report by selecting Tools --> Build Code Comment Report. I am certain this is available in VS 2005 but I have not been able to find out how to generate the report, I have already generated the XML documentation file. Since NDoc currently does not support .NET 2.0 it is important that I can generate this documentation. Any Ideas on where to find this? As far as I know the functionality was removed in VS2005.  NDoc is working on support for .NET 2.0.You can get a fork of the code base that attempts to to work with 2....

Why Crystal Report Help is Not Included in Visual Studio.Net 2005
 Hi,1.  Why Crystal Report Help is Not Included in Visual Studio.Net 2005 2. I Have Written a Formula For Count in Reports i.  My Formula intializes in report Header ii. Then as My Condition is Working in Detail  alsoiii. Then i am Showing The Result in Footer  But I Want To Display The Result in Header is That Possible Thanks ...

How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005?
How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005? Hi, From your description, it seems that you want to switch the datasource programmatically during the run-time, right? If so, I think you should use the LinkedServer in sql statements which is a widely used method for parametric data source needs in reporting services applications. For more information, see: http://www.simple-talk.com/community/forums/post/2735.aspx  Thanks.This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is...

Web resources about - Opening Report Builder reports in Visual Studio 2005 - asp.net.ssrs

2010 Winter Olympics opening ceremony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Canadian fiddlers perform during the Opening Ceremony of the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Feb. 12, 2010, at BC Place stadium in Vancouver. The Opening ...

Facebook Testing Opening Of Facebook.com Links By Android App?
Facebook appears to be using the latest beta version of its Android application to quietly test allowing the app to open facebook.com links, ...

Into Film Festival opening Q&A
Today I met Malala. She was giving, utterly graceful, compelling and intelligent. That might sound obvious but I was struck by this even more ...

American College Football season 2016: Sydney host opening fixture - DailyTelegraph Search Search
CHEERLEADERS, marching bands, crazy fans, a giant pack of fearsome Golden Bears and an army of Hawaiian Warriors will take over Sydney in a $10 ...

Perth pub, nightclub opening hours to extend - Sunday Sessions, WA
AS THE east coast of Australia cracks down on late-night drinking, Western Australia is heading in the opposite direction.

Countdown to Flagstaff Station opening on weekends
Flagstaff railway station will be open on weekends at some time in the next 32 days.

Porsche opening network of dedicated Classics centers
Filed under: Porsche , Auto Repair , Maintenance , Classics The first dedicated Porsche Classic Center has opened in the Netherlands, paving ...

Liveblogging World War II: Robert H. Jackson: Opening Statement before the International Military Tribunal ...
**Robert H. Jackson**: [Opening Statement before the International Military Tribunal](https://www.roberthjackson.org/speech-and-writing/open ...

Richard Thompson touring, opening for Glen Hansard
photo: Richard Thompson at Joe's Pub in 2013 (more by PSquared) Glen Hansard is on tour now, and since we last spoke the legendary Richard Thompson ...

'Creed' is rising at the box office, expected to take $42 million in opening week
... Games: Mockingjay Part 2" and Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur," as Deadline reports . It's rare to see a film's box-office haul rise from its opening ...