How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications

Hi,

  Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution.

Thanx in advance,

Vidya

0
vidya

Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net.

If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper format then you are good to go!  I even believe there is a .Net Class that would assist you in this....

Josh

0
joshlrogers
4/5/2006 6:20:29 PM

u can design RS2005 in 2 ways:

1.u can open Business Intelligence Projects->Report Server Project,but than u will have to use Report Server.to design open a report file(rdl)

2.u can use ReportViewer within the Web application.to design open a report file(rdlc)

0
oshoval

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

how to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005 ?
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html But now i am stuck is how to view my web application ? what url should i give my intranet users to view this web application? Please help. Thanks. Hi, When we run the Web Setup project, your application will be installed on the local IIS. You can view it from IIS. To access it from another machine, we need to configure it to use IP address instead of "...

failed to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html I somehow figure out how to  view my web application , i used this url - http://mysrv/WebSetup1/default.aspx  But when i hit enter I get this message - The page cannot be found Please help....looks like i am soo close but not sure .....please advise. Thanks. Hi, Please refer to your another post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1317004.aspx   Th...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

Web admin tool in vs.net 2005 in combination with SQL server 2005
Hi,a couple of weeks I became the proud owner of the Beta experience DVD's filled with a lot of stuf. I got a new laptop from my new employer and wanted to try out the new stuff because we're working already with the beta 2 pieces on our current assignment (winforms 2.0 in that case :-) ).I installed SQL server 2005 that shipped and after that vs.net 2005 without the SQL server 2005 Express edition. I created a new website and wanted to try out the new administration tool for setting up everything for my security because I wanted to play with the new login controls.It gave me some timeout er...

Creating Report using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express with SQL 2005 Reporting Services Add-In
Hi I am wanting to learn how to create a Report using SQL 2005 Reporting Services, I use Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and have installed the Reporting Services Add-In for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. Does anyone here know of any good step-by-step tutorials on how to get started creating the reports. As I want something to go through how to create the datasource right through to creating / formating the report ready for use. Matthew       This links might help you:http://technoblab.blogspot.comhttp://www.databasejournal.comhttp://www.codeproject.com/...

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service ReportViewer Control and Visual Studio.NET 2003
Hi, We have an ASP.NET 1.1 Application that is written using VS2003 but using SQL Server 2005 as database. Can we use Report Viewer Control that comes with SQL Server 2005 in our ASP.NET 1.1 Application?If not, Can some one suggest some alternative way of showing SQL Server 2005 Reports in ASP.NET 1.1  appllication.  ...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Need to design reports on a box with MSSQL 2000 - VS.NET 2005
I have a Server 2003 box with SQL Server 2000 as the database server and VS.NET 2005 as the development tools.  Is there a report designer that will work with that setup?  Or do I need to uninstall VS 2005 and install VS 2003?Thanks,E...

Using .Net 2.0 and System.Web.UI.WebControls.Treeview with SQL Reporting Services 2005 for navigation and display.
I spent several hours sifting through article after article about how to build tree navigations dynamically.  They assumed that the order of the data coming in was 'orderly' and that you were usually using the IE Web Control toolkit which is a .Net 1.0 package.  In our environment 2.0+, that would not work for us and we needed to ensure browser compatibility.  Thanks to a colleagues suggestion of recursion, I came up with the following code below.  It's length is due to all the detailed commenting.  Feel free to comment on it, any positives or...

Web resources about - How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications - asp.net.ssrs

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 37% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance, Purchase Applications Both Up in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 7.3 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...

Panasonic touch panel production to be solely for vehicle applications by 2020, says report
Panasonic is aiming to transfer its touch panel production completely to vehicle applications by 2020 in order to meet increasing demand for ...