How to add a footer row to a table after deleting all footer rows

I'm sure this is a very easy thing to do, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I have a table, and I deleted all the footer rows.  Now I would like to add one footer row.  How do I do that?

If I right-click on the detail row and select Insert Row Below, it is, of course, another detail row.

I'm stumped -- thanks for any help you can give!

Cynthia
0
CynthiaD

Do you have groups in your table?

 You should be able to right click on any table row and toggle the corresponding menu item to show the table header, details or footer.  It is in the right click menu including:

Insert Row Above
Insert Row Below
-------------------------
Table Header
Table Details
Table FooterYes
-------------------------
Insert Group
Edit Group...
Delete Groups

If it is a group footer row you need to show right click on any group row in the table:
- Edit Groups
- Check "Include Group Footer" on the "General" tab

How to ask a question
0
lmcculloch
10/22/2008 5:53:20 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any groups in this table.  Just a header row and a detail row.

Cynthia
0
CynthiaD
10/22/2008 6:42:46 PM

What version of SRSS are you using?  I don't recall if the menu is different in older versions.

I'm on SQL 2005 and get the right click menu with the header/footer toggle options on any table row (header, footer, detail).

Since you can see the "insert row..." options then you're clicking in the right spot (the leftmost column selector).

 Perhaps list out your entire right click menu options.  That may help pin down what is different.

How to ask a question
0
lmcculloch
10/22/2008 6:51:51 PM

right click the row on the table and then select Table footer.. and then it will add a footer row to it..

0
Karenros
10/22/2008 7:50:01 PM

OK, I got it!  For some reason I did not see Table Header|Table Footer on the context menu -- I swear, it wasn't there before.  But it is now -- thanks.

Cynthia
0
CynthiaD

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

Deleting rows from one table based upon rows in another table
I need to delete rows from table1 based on rows in table2. table1 has 1.5 million rows from which I need to delete 20,000 existing in table2. The table structures are the same and I must exactly match 10 (of the 15) columns in the tables. I also need to limit the number of rows being worked on, in a single transaction, to 500 or so. Hi Mike, try the following: set rowcount 500 DELETE table1 from table1 t1,table2 t2 where t1.col1=t2.col1 and t1.col2=t2.col2 and t1.col3=t2.col3 and ........ t1.col10=t2.col10 HTH. Regards P:S You must re-execute the DML statement above 40 time...

How To: Reference controls in footer row from an item row
I'm familiar with using the e.Item.FindControl command when manipulating controls from an item row or footer row when you are actually in (editing) that row. I'm also familiar with determining what "Type" of row I'm in. What I'm having troubles with is referencing a control in the footer row of a datagrid while I'm actually in (editing) an item row. Can this be done? Thanks Mike...

Is having a trigger that inserts a row in Table 'A', when a row in same table is inserted by ADo.Net code?
I want to insert a row for a Global user  in Table 'A' whenever ADO.Net code inserts a Local user row into same table. I recommended using a trigger to implement this functionality, but the DBA was against it, saying that stored proecedures should be used, since triggers are unreliable and slow down the system by placing unecessary locks on the table. Is this true OR the DBA is saying something wrong? My thinking is that Microsoft will never include triggers if they are unreliable and the DBA is just wanting to offload the extra DBA task of triggers to the programmer so that a s...

Detecting Footer Row vs Data row in a gridview
Hello, I am trying to run validation controls using page pre-render in vb for a gridview where I have the insert in the footer of the gridview and updates in the individual rows. The Prerender will highlight the controls which have failed the validation. My problem is that when the Page prerender fires, I cannot figure out how to get the controls depending on whether it is an insert from the footer, or an update from a regular row in the Gridview. The insert from the footer works well, but the update from a Gridview row does not. Also I have got a formview in the gridviews empty templat...

Trying to append (add) row to table: row overwritten :(
 Hi, I was hoping someone could lend me a hand. I have a button and want to add one row to a table every time I click that button. The thing is, it works find the first time, but the second, third, ... the row is simply overwritten. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I simply want to append a new row to the end of the table. This is the C# code:1 protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 TableRow row = new TableRow(); 4 5 for (int i = 0; i < 5; ++i) 6 { 7 TableCell cell = new TableCell()...

Need to delete rows from table if checkboxes are checked for row
Hello. I have a linkbutton that will delete individual rows from my gridview and update the database, however, I want to be able to make multiple selections via the checkboxes which appear on each row, and click just one button to delete all the checked rows. The following is from my aspx page:  <div style="float: right;"> <asp:Button ID="btnLinkBack" runat="server" Text="Check Backlinks" /> <asp:Button ID="btnApprove" runat="server" Text="Unhide" /> ...

ADO.net problem: i can not view image data for the rest of my table rows except the image for the first row but i can read all the other non image fields for all rows.
Hi i have a table with the following fields imgid............int imgdata........image imgtitle.........varchar(max) imgType........varchar(max) imgLength.....bigint incident_id.....int i have no problem with uploading the image but viewing the uploaded image(s) in a gridview has caused me great pain. The probelm is i have two pages. page1 grabs the image to display and page2 has a gridview that displays the grabed image. I wanted to have an sql statement like SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE incident_id=someValue. IF i have 5 records in this table and i view page2 ...

I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row.
 Hi, Let say I've 4 rows in a table. I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row. Thanks in advance Asghar Ali Mohammed http://www.aliwebdev.com(Web Designer and Developer)Do not forget to "MARK AS ANSWER" on the post that helped you. If you can use Linq, you can use Skip. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336757.aspxThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Hii dear..U can fire the Query select Top(3) from Table1 order by id desc.. "A conclusion is whe...

Add row and merge cells on footer
I need to add rows and merge cells on datagrid footer. Is there a way to do it preferenceably dinamically? What I did: DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.ReadXml(MapPath("cdcatalog.xml")); DataRow newRow = ds.Tables[0].NewRow(); ds.Tables[0].Rows.InsertAt(newRow,0); But it is inserting not on footer, but below it. Thanks a lotBest regards,Ivan Andrade I found out how! thanks protected void Datagridcfa_ItemCreated(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs e) { ListItemType lit = e.Item.ItemType; if (ListItemType.Header == lit) { e.Item.SetRenderMethodDelegate (...

Delete/Add row
Ok - I'm at a loss... we have Powerbuilder 8.01. 9056 AND 8.0.3 9704 (each with their corresponding version of the PFC). In 8.0.1 we are having issues with rowfocuschanged/changing after we delete rows from a datawindow. For some reason, if we have say, two rows (and the second row has focus) and, the user selects that row and we delete both (which is a requirement based on the data) - now there are no rows - which is correct. However, when we go to add another row, currentrow/getrow both return 2 not 1 which is causing invalid column references all over the place. Th...

add data from multiple rows in table to one row in gridview
 heya is there any way of adding data from multiple rows in table to one row in gridview. eg. ipc                 column 1 ,            2 ,                       3,                 4  1,    11111                 33                  &nbs...

Add new row at the footer issue
hi, i got a datagrid and i want to add "Add new row" operation for it. i noticed that everyone is suggesting to put the Insert link & edit boxes in the Footer and then just read the values from there and update the DB. what if i want to have a Total cells in my Footer? this collide with the idea of having text boxes in my footer? is there any other way to implement the "Add new row"? two footers? a changing footer? Anyone got any idea? thanks in advance, Avi. Just put a button (or linkbutton) without any other controls in the most logical pl...

Footer NOT a footer
OK, I hope someone sees this post. I have a crosstab query that I now have formatted and set up. Now I need to be able to stick labels at the bottom of the report (presumably in the footer section). However, I need them to span the columns, so I have to stick them in the foreground or background layer vs the band layer, as that will not allow me to make the labels the size I want them (ex would be a text item that has text "Confidential" in it). When I try to make it in one of these other layers, however, it sticks it up in the middle of the crosstab amongst all the other da...

Web resources about - How to add a footer row to a table after deleting all footer rows - asp.net.ssrs

Deleting Online Predators Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( DOPA ) is a bill ( H.R. 5319 ) brought before the United States House of Representatives on May 9, 2006 by Republican Pennsylvania Representative ...

Facebook Deleting Inflammatory Content In India
Facebook has been complying with a request by the government of India and removing “inflammatory and hateful content” that has caused tens of ...

Deleting your Facebook page is foolish
... brag, trailing closely behind that fantastically annoying “I don’t even have a TV , never mind watch the drivel!” Let’s lay it out: deleting ...

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Applying or deleting your experimental changes - YouTube
To improve your AdWords experience, we're testing a new tool that helps you optimize your account. AdWords Campaign Experiments, or ACE, does ...

Deleting abusive online content a 'near impossible' task
POSTING offensive, harassing, intimidating or defamatory content online takes mere seconds, but getting it removed can take what feels like a ...

Paleo advocate Pete Evans accused of deleting critical posts on Facebook
Is Paleo Pete Evans is open to dietary debate? Some say he's not.

Microsoft on the threshold of deleting 'appalling' Windows 8 software
MICROSOFT plans to cut its losses on Windows 8, the latest version of the software that runs the majority of the world's computers, jettisoning ...

How to get iOS 8 without deleting everything on your phone
If you've tried downloading iOS 8, or know anyone who has already done so, you're probably familiar with the biggest complaint: The download ...

Dalton McGuinty staffers broke law by deleting gas plant emails
Senior staff members in the offices of both the Ontario energy minister and former premier Dalton McGuinty intentionally deleted emails about ...

Jason Kenney under fire for praising ‘perfect, unaccented English’, deleting tweet
Canada's Minister for Multiculturalism, Jason Kenney, caused an upset Monday after praising an 11-year-old Iraqi refugee who "already speaks ...