How can I fetch a report using ReportViewer control when Reporting Services uses Forms Authentication?

I followed the standard MS article on implementing Forms Authentication for Reporting Services which can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms160724.aspx which works correctly when the user browses to <reportserver>/Reports.

When I try to display a specific report in the website using ReportViewer like this

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" ProcessingMode="Remote">
    <ServerReport ReportServerUrl="http://vmsb-isisdev/ReportServer" ReportPath="TestReport" />
</rsweb:ReportViewer>

 I get the response below. This suggests the forms authentication ticket is not getting to the report server and I'm being bounced back to the logon page for authentication.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get the ReportViewer control to work against a Reporting Services instance that uses Forms Authentication?
Thanks

Terry Hutt

0
terry_hutt

How have you defined your report server url in the config files?

Using localhost will cause this problem, I have read.

 Either use the server name, fully qualified dsn or the ip address.

 Good Luck

0
jljaleahy

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000
Hello, Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000 or is it not possible due to the SSRS2005 RDL schema being different to the SSRS 2000 one. If it is technically possible, does this require a SQL 2005 licence due to the use of the Report Builder Client App ?  Thanks Chris_____________Christian Hi,  From your description, it seems that you report is developed in SSRS 2005, right?  Since in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005 there are a whole host of new features. This means that reports that are developed in Visual ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Issues in using reporting services we are using vs2005 and adding reports "*.rdlc", and are facing with follwoing issues
1:-There is one Main report having 2 subreports in it, each sub reoprt has it own header and footer but when its called from Master report, the header and footer of the sub report doesnt show on the Master report, how to make them visible. 2:-If we need to add some customize code for the report, we used the CustomCode tab that appear when Properties link of that report is clicked, how can we acess the items on the report under that code ???like if the report has the subreports, tables and want to acess their visibility is there any way.?? 3:-How can we check in the cutomcode o...

using access reports before reporting services
Hi world,I am aware of the new amazing reporting services tool and so on. However, the RS for Sql Server Express 2005 are not ready and i need to carry out a development for seeing some reports (yep i am using MSDE, not Sql Server). I would like to use Access because it is very very poweful to create reports Any of you know how to open an access application, open a specific report (passing some arguments) and then export it?I know that the export would use a function named ExportXMLMy app would simply redirect the user to the .asp generated to see the report.thx in advanceDavid I trie...

can we deploy RDL files into report server without using web services through .Net
how can we deploy the reports into report server with out using web services from .Net. Is it possible. Hi vidyaIt is possible, after the initial deployment and folders were created. You could do the following:Browse to your reportserver. Normally [server]/reportsBrowse to the report and click on it. Select the report's 'Properities' Tab. Under the heading 'Report Definition' are 2 options 'Edit' and 'Update'. Use the 'Update' to upload the new rdl file. This will deploy a new version.Hope this helps,l0n3i200n Hi folks,             ...

Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages
Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages Any help will be appreciated. Regards Karen  No, there will not be any clash.Always remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. Thank you!-----------Cheers,atlasnetguy...

Dynamic Grouping in Report using Reporting Services
How can dynamic grouping be done in Report in Reporting Services?Please suggest.   Hi,  From your description, it seems that you want to achieve the dynamical grouping in reporting service, right?  If so, I suggest you to read the following article which shows a good practice on how to achieve that.  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/DataGrouping.aspx  Thanks.  Michael Jin.Microsoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. I read the article ,but ...

Using InstallShield to Deploy Reporting Services reports?
Hi, We do not have  Report Manager and are hoping we can use InstallShield from within ASP.NET 2003 Visual Studio IDE. Has anyone done this? If so, what do you think?  Thanks for your thoughts! Best Regards,  JR...

Reports in .Net using controls
Hello,We are planning to develop some reports in .Net using controls available there (no Crystal or Dat report). Reports should have following features 1. Paging2. Sorting3. Exporting (to Excel file) Please suggest us which controls can be used to achieve this. Thanks GridView. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Hi vijaygarg,Kindly use sqlserver  reporting services for generating those reports and integrate these reports to you application. Regarding paging ->It come defaultRegarding sorting->Custom implementation needs to appliedRegarding  Exporting (to Exce...

Report that is using ObjectDataSource that uses a proc is showing report with no data?
I was in a hurry so I used the wizards to do this even though I have a strong dislike for them. I have verified that the parameters return data when using the proc. The data source is set in the ReportViewer controls properties in design mode. What might I have missed? Here is my code that get's called when a button is clicked.paramList = New List(Of ReportParameter) paramList.Add(New ReportParameter("StartDate", startDate.Date, False))paramList.Add(New ReportParameter("EndDate", endDate.Date, False)) ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(paramList) Re...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

Create composite report using pfc report service
Did anyone know whether I could use the of_CreateComposite function to add a nested-datawindow to a composite report. I found that the other simple datawindow can be displayed in the composite report, but the nested-datawindow. Is it bug or limitation of composite report. Thanks in advance. ...

Web resources about - How can I fetch a report using ReportViewer control when Reporting Services uses Forms Authentication? - asp.net.ssrs

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices #DigInfo - YouTube
Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 9/3/2012 NFC & Smart WORLD 2012 Sony Authentication ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

ATO boosts service access via app and voice authentication
The ATO has announced it will extend its voice authentication system to its mobile app