First Time Report Viewer Question - How to change the report when the dropdownlist changes

I will post the code from my aspx page. I have two dropdownlists. When customer name changes it displays the list of Mixing Records for that customer. When I pick a new Mixing Record for that customer, the ReportViewer doesn't change. I thought I would go into ddlMixingRecord_SelectedIndexChanged and be able to say something like ReportViewer1.Bind().....but I don't see any reference to ReportViewer1. Can some give me a quick idea on how to change (refresh) the ReportViewer to match the dropdownlists.

<form id="form1" runat="server">

Customer Name</td>

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsCustomerNameLookup" runat="server"

OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" SelectMethod="GetCustomer"

TypeName="CustomerBLL" InsertMethod="AddCustomer">

<InsertParameters>

<asp:Parameter Name="CustomerName" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="FirstName" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="LastName" Type="String" />

</InsertParameters>

</asp:ObjectDataSource>

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlCustomerNameLookup" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"

DataSourceID="odsCustomerNameLookup" DataTextField="CustomerName"

DataValueField="CustomerName">

</asp:DropDownList>

<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1" runat="server"

ControlToValidate="ddlCustomerNameLookup" ErrorMessage="CustomValidator"></asp:CustomValidator>

Mixing Record</td>

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsMixingRecordLookup" runat="server" OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}"

SelectMethod="GetMixingRecordByCustomerName" TypeName="MixingRecordBLL">

<SelectParameters>

<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ddlCustomerNameLookup" Name="CustomerName"

PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="String" />

</SelectParameters>

</asp:ObjectDataSource>

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlMixingRecord" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"

DataSourceID="odsMixingRecordLookup" DataTextField="MixName"

DataValueField="MixName"

onselectedindexchanged="ddlMixingRecord_SelectedIndexChanged">

</asp:DropDownList>

<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator2" runat="server"

ControlToValidate="ddlMixingRecord" ErrorMessage="CustomValidator"></asp:CustomValidator>

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana"

Font-Size="8pt" Height="400px" Width="690px">

<LocalReport ReportPath="ReportBatchingInstruction.rdlc">

<DataSources>

<rsweb:ReportDataSource DataSourceId="odsIngredientTable"

Name="MixingRecordIngredientDAL_MixingRecord_Ingredient_Table" />

<rsweb:ReportDataSource DataSourceId="odsMixingRecordLookup"

Name="MixingRecordDAL_MixingRecord_Table" />

</DataSources>

</LocalReport>

</rsweb:ReportViewer>

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsBatchInstruction" runat="server"

SelectMethod="GetMixingRecordByMixName"

TypeName="MixingRecordBLL" OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}">

<SelectParameters>

<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ddlMixingRecord" Name="MixName"

PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="String" />

</SelectParameters>

</asp:ObjectDataSource>

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsIngredientTable" runat="server"

OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}"

SelectMethod="GetMixingRecordIngredient" TypeName="MixingRecordIngredientBLL">

</asp:ObjectDataSource>

</form>

0
jfeeney

 I had the same issue a couple of days ago. The report viewer doesnt seem to work within an update panel or with auto post back.

Try adding a button and move the onselectindexchanged code of second ddl to button click event.

Thanks
Gavini
0
gavini

Report Viewer: change the report bars color (palette customization?)
Hi, I have a report viewer in a page and I need that report bars colors in the style of my company corporative colors, this is, I have to customize these colors. But when I go to the report properties I only can change them with the predetermined palette colors (Earth Tones, Excel, Gray Scale, Light, Pastel y Semi-Transparent) so the question is: can I customize the colors as I want in any way or is only possible to change them with these palettes?? I don't want to believe that it cannot be personalized... :(  Thanks in advance!!! ri...

Report :: Dynamically change TextBox value in Report at Run-Time
I have a base sales report, report1.rdlc.  This base sales report is used for several sales reports such as Sales by Rep, Sales by Date, etc. The header Title of the report is shown in a report.textBox, textBox1.  I want to dynamically change the Report title textBox1 at runtime to reflect the report that was selected by the user. For example, if the user picks the Sales by Rep report, then the Report1.textBox1 will display "Sales by Rep" if the user picks the Sales by Date report, then the Report1.textBox1 will display "Sales by Date" I'm not sure how to access the Repo...

Displaying Loading Image Over The Crystal Report + Changing Report PageOrientation At The Time Of Print
 Hi, I Want To Put an Animated GIF Image Over The Crystal Report Means At The Center Of The Report When The Report is Loading And That I have To Do In Asp.Net 2.0 I Saw Matt Berth Ajax Article The Dynamic Loading Image Over The GridView But That Not Working. Plz Help Me With That. And I Have 1 More Question I Have Set The  I Have The Set The Page Orientation Of Report Document To LandScape in Code Behind Of My Asp.net Page But When At The Time Of Print I Want That The Report Should Print in Portrait Mode So Give Me Something That I Can Get Help. Show Me Some Sample Code ...

change over time reports...
--_004_3D64CBF1DB29E649B44133608E4B6EE703E5A014E5mail1_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Has anyone had any luck getting the 'New Charts - plot any arbitrary search= against time. Far more powerful.' to work? I am using Bugzilla 4.02 and when I try this feature, I get the chart up, b= ut without data. No matter what I select, this does not seem to work. Any suggestions on this, or what I am doing wrong? Thanks, rich Richard Aronson Engineering Test Manager [cid:image003.jpg@01CCF7B2...

Report freezes up when report data is changed
I'm operating Visual Studio .net 2003 with Windows XP. When I make any type of change in the data tab section of a report the programs locks up or freezes up when I run it will in that tab or when I try to advance to the Preview or Layout Tab. This has been going on for about two months. Two months ago I could make changes to the same reports with no problems.  I have sent my .rdl to a coworker and he opens it up and can make changes and runs the report fine.  I have reinstalled the visual studio 2 times. And still the same issue. I did uninstall the program before I rein...

Changing SQL For A Report Within A Report
Hello, I have a report which has 2 report objects contained within it. I need to be able to change the name of the tables within each report object. The Column lists will stay the same it is just the table names. Any suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ira :( Hello Again, Please disregard this. I have figured it out Thanks "Ira" <ira@mistraldata.com> wrote in message news:CyVFA0sQCHA.298@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > > I have a report which has 2 report objects contained within it. I need to be > able...

Change to "Report" for Reports
I am trying to change the first page of a report "REPORT" to something else e.g. Entity Attribute Description Report. How do you do this ? I have read the manual but cannot figure it out. Walt In the Report Editor, select the Report menu and then select the "Title Page" menu item. You can now change the title. This is documented in the Report User's Guide on page 91 in the 7.5 guide and page 90 in the 7.0 guide. HTH, Anthony Hill PowerDesigner Product Support On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:37:48 -0400, walt@lehman.com wrote: >I am trying to chan...

Report Control (report viewer and report designer)
Hi there! ive looked over the forums and other websites that you referred but i dont have any luck for reports. i created a page that has simple data-entry, aside from that, i do want to have a printable report on what are the items i have added this day. i am using a report designer (rdlc) and a report viewer, which is in a aspx page. ive explored how it works for a simple select statement but i want to know how it will work for parameter passing. a referral for a tutorial website for the report viewer and report designer is very much appreciated. or if you want to share your...

Reporting Services Report
  I have a simple report that has 2 parameters Month and Manufacturer.  I would like the report to automatically refresh when a different selection has been made from either of the parameters.   Is this possible?  Currently when I change to a different manufacturer I have to then click on the View Report button to refresh the report with new data.   I read somthing about an advanced option in the parameters dialog box, but it does not seem to exist on my dialog box.   Thanks Richgreen        Hello, As per I know, R...

Can I change the report viewer
When I used Crystal with ASP I could specify the viewer type I wanted to use. Most of my users are comfortable with the ActiveX viewer. Is there the ability to force this or change to any other viewer type in ASP.NET. Any information would be great. Thanks ASP.NET only gives you one viewer. However, if you want to use CR 8.5/9.0 then you have more options. HTH, Brian Bischof www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=asp.netBrian Bischof www.CrystalReportsBook.com ...

Change the datasource of a report in Server Report Processig mode
How i can change the datasource of a report in the processing mode Remote?? Why in the local mode the print button is not display??   Thanks...

Run time crystal report change
Hello Friends, i have  generate dynamic crystal report,but in the report one column is not visible , so i want to change page setting to landscape at run time.Thanks in advancef You can change it runtime. See below link, it is helpful for you http://dotnet-naresh.blogspot.com/ThanksNaresh Prakash.Click Here : Sky is the not limitDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers. Hi,You can use the following code to dynamically make the rep...

change report
I am Ruben Abdoelgafoer from the company Suraclo in Suriname (South America). This is the first time I make use of the helpdesk. I have a report which I want to change. This report gives laboratory results with its components and the average of everyday. And also the ID Numeric (the identity of a sample). A field called samle type has to be filled in together with the start date, the end date and the analysis. I don't want the ID Numeric to be reported. Can you help me with this. Attached is this report. Thank you in advance Ruben Abdoelgafoer begin 600 report1 (2).psr M0...

Web resources about - First Time Report Viewer Question - How to change the report when the dropdownlist changes - asp.net.ssrs

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support