Exporting in Excel without cells or excel columns merging for one column of data table(need sorting, data filters perfectly)

Hi,

I have an issue with the excel exporting of the report using ssrs.  I am using only the body section for exporting to excel.  Here in the body i have an Image, Textbox(for Title), textbox2(for dates from,to) and below it i have a table having the columns used for showing the data.  The report gets generated but when i exported to excel, All the columns and rows in the excels sheets come close and its like there is no uniformity.  Few columsn of excel are covered under a single columsn of the data table.  So its making users feel uncomfortable while they see the excel.

So Please Let me know if there is best way of exporting to excel using ssrs so that the excel looks better with no columns and cells merged.  Please let me know if there is an answer for this.  I want the Sorting feature, Top 10 and and data filters running in the excel report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Suman

0
rayabharapusuman

I'm not sure if that makes sense. See, the purpose to use excel is that you can perform further caculation based on the reports you got from the reporting service report. But if you make all of your report contents in a single cell, it's a cancer on the ideal of exporting to excel.

0
Momo_Stev
10/24/2008 5:27:57 AM

There is no way to 'turn off' the merging of cells/columns. You can only mitigate it by designing the report with this behavior in mind. i.e. Ensure items are lined up neatly, etc. I'm not sure what you meant by needing the report 'dynamically'. But if you have access to the RDL or whatever is generating the RDL, you will have to modify accordingly. Hope this helps. Gerry
0
rayabharapusuman

Data Erasing while exporting to excel from gridview beside merge column
Hi All, Below is the code to export to Excelprotected void btnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { Response.Clear();Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;filename=FileName.xls"); Response.Charset = ""; // If you want the option to open the Excel file without saving then // comment out the line below // Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache);Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.xls";  System.IO.StringWriter stringWrite = new System.IO.StringWriter();System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter htmlWrite = ...

populating a column in one table with data in a column from another table?
Hi,I have one main table and multiple smaller tables, the main table consists of all the information gathered from the smaller tables, plus some other data. I've set primary keys for all the smaller tables and created a relationship where the primary key id matches an id field inside the main table eg. there's a smalltableid column in both the smaller table and the main table.some misc info:i'm using a dataset (should the key in the dataset be pointing to the main table, or the smaller one?)both relation and foreign key constraints are created (with no rules set)my problem is, the data from ...

Problem in retrieving data from two table when one column entry in each table are same but no column in these table match with each other
Hello there!,       First of all i have two tables . one acts as a master table and other one acts as a details table. Currently the ptoblem with my procedure is, i have entered two entries for one project in the Master table. and to briefly discribe those two entries in the master table , i have entered two entries in the Details table corresponding to the entries in the master table. Now i need to combine the master table entries and the details table entries for the same project which should give only two entreies. but my procedure gives four entries. Could yo...

Urgent: i m working for a web page (C#) that use for importing excel sheet data to database tables.....i wanna validation for each column data......
i m working for a web page (C#) that use for importing excel sheet data to database tables.....i wanna validation for each column data...... want suggstion/links/code....plz help me! I didn't understand your question properly but If you want validation on Excel sheet than add text box and write the validation code in the VBA for the click event. Hi,  you haven't specified what kinda database you are using and kinda validations you want to perform, still here are some of the links which do the work for you, check them out those might be helpful. http://www.vbdotnetheav...

Export DataGrid to Excel
Hi,  I am working on a function of exporting DataGrid to excel with following coding: protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) {Response.ContentType = "application/ms-excel"; Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=test.xls"); DataTable dt = new DataTable(); ... DataGrid2.DataSource = dt; DataGrid2.DataBind(); DataGrid2.RenderControl(writer); } I would like to set the column width at certain Excel column. However, the width cannot be controlled by setting the column width of DataGrid. Any methods to this?   ...

How to display a column data partially but need complete column data for update?
I have a column in my gridview that contains API KEYS for google maps. These keys are huge so i just need to display partial key for viewing purpose. But I need the complete key when user clicks on update button in gridview. How can I achieve this? Any ideas. I am copying part of my gridview aspx code. Rest of the code is coming from my class file for object datasource. <asp:GridView ID="gvDomains" runat="server" DataSourceID="odsDomains" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="DomainID" Height="147px" Width="30...

How to read all the data of columns in a excel sheet that has more than 256 columns.
Just as the subject. Thank you for your help.Pay more and get more.  using System.Data;using System.Data.OleDb; String sConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" +"Data Source=Excl File Path;" +"Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;"; OleDbConnection objConn = new OleDbConnection(sConnectionString); objConn.Open(); OleDbCommand objCmdSelect =new OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]", objConn); OleDbDataAdapter objAdapter1 = new OleDbDataAdapter(); objAdapter1.SelectCommand = objCmdSelect; DataSet objDat...

Export Excel Format Data Column
I have googled my self dry and need to find a way to format one or more columns when exporting my gridview to excel.  The problem arises when my column which is an idetifier has the values 1-1,1-2,1-3, etc...  When I export to excel it comes across as: 1-Jan 2-Jan 3-Jan How can I format this column so that it comes through correctly.  Below is my code for the export.  I would appreciate any help in C#.  I have seen the same snippet floating around in VB and I have no clue how to use it in C#.   protected void BtnExport_Click(object sender...

about merge and sort column in data table
i have two pages, one page for search, i return value of search in gridviewthis is i can use query to order any column i need.and after user check on any checkbox for each rowthen they can click "select these items" buttonthis event, i use data table to keep those selected item and keep it into session, then sending this session to the next pagelike confirmation page, at this state, i bind new gridview with data table in sessionso i would like to know how can i automatically sort only the first column name "Barcode" in this gridview.and in this confirmation page, i have b...

No table index exists or at least one table index column is not included in data source. Data can be displayed but not updated.
No table index exists or at least one table index column is not included in data source. Data can be displayed but not updated. I get this error when trying to build a form, i'm connected to a remote database, the DBA states I have permissions on the tables i'm working with. There is no index on these table, all columns in table are being included in form i get this error. Been unable to find any info on this error in user documentation. Thanks in advance. Melissa Johnson Forms require that there is a unique index / primary key on a table. If neither of those exis...

how to transfer the data from table A to table B OR FROM EXCEL TO TABLE I NEED
Hi all,I am trying to transfer the data in the excel file to the SQL 2005 database .i am able to transfer the data into database, but into new table the table i need.can anybody help to transfer the whole data from the excel to the table i need or from one table to another.i would appreciate if anyone can help. TABLE A -----> TABLE BOREXCEL -----> TABLE I NEEDOR EXCEL ---->TABLE A -----> TABLE B  CheersDivikiran   right click database, select tasks-> import/export data ( depends on your requirements) select source and destination. (if from excel to ...

Need help with Exporting Sorted Data in the Datagrid/DataView into Excel
When I hit the Export button, a new browser is opened. Here I am looping through the dataview and writing the data into Excel sheet row by row. I also have Sorting enabled for the datagrid. Everything works perfect. When I hit the export button, I always get the original row sequence... I want to sort the data first based on some column and then export the data into Excel in the sorted order. Is there a way we can do this?? Hey again. I do the same thing with sorting and filtering in the .aspx I mention in your last thread. All I do is pass the sorting/filtering params in the query ...

Exporting to Excel in Crystal Reports .NET
sir,   I want to export Crystal report to Excel and the following is the code i wrote in the button click.ReportDocument rptExcel = new ReportDocument() ;string strExportFile = "C:/Session_SessionID.xls" ;rptExcel = new RptJobOrderRecap();//report namerptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Excel;ExcelFormatOptions objExcelOptions = new ExcelFormatOptions();objExcelOptions.ExcelUseConstantColumnWidth = false ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.FormatOptions = objExcelOptions ;DiskFileDestinationOp...

data grid export to excel
Hi, I use the dotnetjohn component to export a datagrid. But: I only see the header columns, not the grid contents. Can anybody help me please? Here is the component code: Public Shared Sub DataGridToExcel(ByVal dgExport As DataGrid, ByVal response As HttpResponse) response.Clear() response.Buffer = True response.Charset = "" response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Dim stringWrite As New System.IO.StringWriter Dim htmlWrite As New System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter(stringWrite) ...

Web resources about - Exporting in Excel without cells or excel columns merging for one column of data table(need sorting, data filters perfectly) - asp.net.ssrs

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook policy now clearly bans exporting user data to competing social networks
... of account settings, so it’s unlikely that many users have done this. Google and Facebook blocked or put up roadblocks on importing and exporting ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Spin Cycle: Is Tom Mulcair in favour of exporting bulk water?
The Liberals say Tom Mulcair spoke favourably about the idea of water exports when he was Quebec's environment minister back in 2004. They even ...

Lee Specialties Ltd. Charged With Exporting Prohibited Commodity To Iran
CALGARY - Putting the wrong address on a $15 shipment of synthetic rubber rings has cost an Alberta company $90,000 for violating legislation ...