display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode

Hi

 I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.

I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service project name)/(Report name).

When I run this project it displayed the Report viewer but dosent display the report. Instead it gives error as "Object reference not set to instance of an object.". Also when I try to run the project through the reports server "http://localhost/Reports/Path/Folders.aspx" it gives the same error. I dont get what should I do to solve this probelm. I have tried a lot.

Please can anybody tell me where I am wrong or do i need to do any other settings to run that project. Pls reply ASAP.

sups123

Report Control (report viewer and report designer)
Hi there! ive looked over the forums and other websites that you referred but i dont have any luck for reports. i created a page that has simple data-entry, aside from that, i do want to have a printable report on what are the items i have added this day. i am using a report designer (rdlc) and a report viewer, which is in a aspx page. ive explored how it works for a simple select statement but i want to know how it will work for parameter passing. a referral for a tutorial website for the report viewer and report designer is very much appreciated. or if you want to share your...

calling a report with parameters via Report Viewer in remote mode
I'm not sure what I am missing but I am just trying to call a report in remote mode that is on Reporting Services using the Report Viewer in an aspx page.   The report I'm trying to call have built in parameters that are drop-down list.    Instead of building the parameters into my aspx page, I just want to call the report and use the parameters that are built in to the report.    I am able to call the report via a link in my web page, the report loads so I can select the parameters, I select the parameters that are within the report, hit View ...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages
Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages Any help will be appreciated. Regards Karen  No, there will not be any clash.Always remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. Thank you!-----------Cheers,atlasnetguy...

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports
Dear all, I have 40+ reports in reporting services. Is there any scripts to convert these reports with passing parameters to pdf and save in the folder scheduledly? As user will be very uneasy to go to the web site and click for each report everytime in reporting service site. Thanks you for your help!!! Hi, From your description, you are wondering how to export the report to the pdf without viewing the report in browser. If so, we could achieve it via the following code.        Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer rview = new Microsoft.Reporti...

How can I cahnge the report header before i load the report into the report viewer?
That is basically it... Thanx in advance What are you trying to change? The report title, the items in the header, etc... Basically, in CR.NET you can't add new objects to the report during runtime. However, you can modify existing objects by setting a reference to them and then changing the properties. I have ample source code in my free ebook that teaches you how to modify the different properties of each report object. www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=asp.net HTH, Brian Bischof Brian Bischof www.CrystalReportsBook.com ...

Report Viewer 2008 Installation--does not display report
I have recently installed Report Viewer 2008 for VWD Express.  I cannot get the report viewer to display even simple reports.  I worked with reports in 2005, but I am baffled with this problem.  The component appears to work fine in VWD. At runtime, the viewer itself displays, however the icons are not displaying (only showing placeholders).  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Best regards   the answer to this problem can be found on this post: http://forums.asp.net/p/1360494/2814290.aspx#2814290  If I got it right I guess u r not able to disp...

My Report Wont Display on Crystal Report Viewer?
 Hi guys, please help...I'm trying to display a report on a web page using Crystal Report Viewer Control, but it doesnt display. this is what my report does:the report excepts 3 parameters, FinYear, FinMonth, and Deal Number. based on what the user inputs on Details.aspx, which has three textboxes, txtFinYear,txtFinMonth,and txtDealNumber. I then redirect the page to the reportveiwer.aspx page. which has the CrystalReportVeiwer control, I passs the parameter to that page using. Request.QueryString["reportViewer.aspx?FinYear="+txtbox....) and initialize the page with the pa...

Reporting Service Report Viewer file saving
I am using sharepoint and the report viewer web part from reporting service. The reportviewer does not allow saving of report to a particular directory. Thus I created a button (asp control) to enable 1) export to pdf and 2) saving the file to the document library of sharepoint. How do I achieve this using asp.net (c#) coding in the button control? Any codes or examples would be appreciated.Thanks. Regards Alu...

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

Web resources about - display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanksgiving takes off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting surge in sales
... of Halloween in recent years, get ready to complain some more. Thanksgiving seems to have taken off in Australia, with turkey farmers reporting ...

NBC News Beefs Up Intelligence, National Security Reporting
... News has hired Ken Dilanian, the Associated Press lead national security reporter, as part of a multi-stage plan to enhance the network’s reporting ...

New Segment Reporting Will Boost Google Stock: RBC
When Alphabet parent Google ( GOOGL ) reports fourth-quarter earnings it will also debut its new segment reporting, which RBC Capital Markets’ ...

Fiat Chrysler fined $70 million on safety reporting lapses
WASHINGTON - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will pay a $70 million fine for failing to report fatalities, injuries and warranty repairs as U.S. safety ...

'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ...
CNN International 'Where is the foreign journalist?': Reporting from the front lines of Syria's ... CNN International Editor's note: Kurt ...

Subprime Credit Reporting Company To Pay $8M For Illegally Obtaining Consumers’ Credit Info
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, companies – and lenders – are allowed to access credit reports only for “permissible purposes,” like determining ...

Reporting from Foxboro: Respecting Osweiler’s arm
... RSN login or register Login Search form Search 56° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Reporting ...

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...

Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama
Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama