Crystal reports to Reporting Services

Is there any way I can convert Crystal reports to Reporting Services instead of creating reports again in Reporting Services?

0
JIM

HI,  JIM.H.

You can check out this great article. Hope it helps

Converting Crystal to Reporting Services

http://blogs.msdn.com/gsnowman/archive/2005/10/12/480305.aspx

If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information.

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex
7/16/2007 8:35:36 AM

Hi Jim,

Microsoft created one Migration guide for Migrating Your Crystal Reports to SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services -

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/whitepapers/migrate-crystal-to-reporting-services.mspx

And the webcast for this -

http://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?culture=en-US&EventID=1032298257&CountryCode=US

Got this info from this blog -

http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2006/05/31/612637.aspx

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question; this ensures the right forum member gets credit for being helpful (and makes search more relevant too).
0
akjoshi

Reporting services, Crystal reports ?
Hi, I'm very new in using VS.  How can I export report ?  I find it has Report, Crystal Reports controls in Toolboxs.  If it's possible, please explain the procedures as detail as possible. Thanks a lot ! stephen     I reference some online tutorial about how to use Crystal Report in VS 2005.  Follow the instruction up to connect database using "OLD DB SQL Server" and logon the server.  It prompted me Server name, User ID, Password and Database.  I typed "localhost" for Server name (suggested by tutorial).  Does User ID ...

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

crystal reports or sql reporting services?
Hi, Need to make a decision about which of these to go for. I'm looking to develop a web-based reporting solution which replaces a networked Access Database which displays stacked bar charts and line graphs and tabulated data. All the data will be coming from SQL Server 2000 databases on our intranet. I've got 2 yrs asp.net and sql server but no experience in either CR or SQL RS. Has anyone got experience in both of these technologies to help me out with the best way forward. All responses appreciated. Cheers. Both will do pretty much the same thing--get ...

sql reporting services crystal reports
My computer has vs 2008 wish to use sql 2005 standard vista I wish to use sql reporting services , crystal reports, web services, ecommerce, wcf, soa, enterprise development in net, etc What is the best web hosts? I contacted orcsweb, discount asp.net. I wish to use a shared host.....What are my options.... enterprise development for commercial development maybe sharepoint Can I configure sql standard on my computer? I do not wish to use default settings what is the best way to do this?               Hello, Maybe i...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Crystal Report vs Mssql Service Reporting
 Please provide me some information about this two reporting tools because i am going to develop reports? Which is the best choice? Friend, its purely a subjective matter and both of the camps support their own camp. Anyways you can compare yourself both of them in the following article http://www.baadd.org/uploads/SQL%20Reporting%20Services%20vs%20Crystal%20Reports%20comparative%20analysis.pdf Hope it helped you. Good luck!  Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thr...

Web resources about - Crystal reports to Reporting Services - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

Facebook Improves Real-Names Policy Reporting, Verifying
Facebook took its latest steps to reform its controversial real-names policy with its introduction of tools to fine-tune the reporting process ...

Reporting for duty after Paris attacks
In a renewed sense of nationalism, young French citizens flock to army recruitment agencies to join the military.

NYT public editor rips San Bernardino reporting - Business Insider Deutschland
The New York Times' public editor called for "systemic change" after an article incorrectly stated Tashfeen Malik posted openly on social media ...

Fiat Chrysler fined $70 million on safety reporting lapses
WASHINGTON - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will pay a $70 million fine for failing to report fatalities, injuries and warranty repairs as U.S. safety ...

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...

Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama
Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama

What Flap Over Reporting Instagram Flaw to Facebook Teaches Us
NEWS ANALYSIS: In a public spat, a security researcher lashes out at Facebook about a reported Instagram bug, and Facebook's chief security officer ...

Today in Tabs: Reporting On Reporters Reporting On Reporters Reporting
It's turkeys all the way down F riday, reporters broadcasting live on MSNBC and CNN entered the apartment of the presumed San Bernardino shooters ...