Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure

Hi all,

I am trying to start sql server reporting services using configuration->Reporting Services Configuration but i am getting that error

"Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure"

 Here 'TECNICSTFS' is our computer name.

Any help

Regards

 Brijesh Singh

0
Brijesh

The Report Server Service requires an account to run. You can set this account through the MMC Service throung the control panel or by using the RS Configuration tool. The account password may have expired and what you need to do is to set a new password.

Besides, if you have changed the user account which used to start the service, the encrypted content of your report server cannot work. You will need to restore a backup of the encrypted content if you have it or delete the content. If you delete the content, all stored user and password information will be removed. You should back up your database if you need to change the account.

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

Cannot Start Reporting Services ;The found version is 'T.0.8.39'. The expected version is 'C.0.8.39'.
I reinstalled reporting services on a default instance but I am getting this error?Does anyone know how to fix this...

starting service under 'other account'
Hi All, Because i have to be able to get data, binaries, from the network i have to start the service as 'administrator'. This results in an error 'unknown error posted', the event log says 'Not enough memory'. This really confuses me, because under 'local' account it is all working. Should i restart the machine or.... Any advice is welcome. this are the parameters: -x tcpip -ti 0 -c 6G -cw -gt 5 -gn 150 d:\\sqlany90\data.db Regards, Marc Can you provide the version and build of SQL Anywhere (dbsrvX -v)? Also provide infor...

'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll
HI, I am trying to call a webservice that is running at another server and the webservice accesses data from the database on the same server. I have checked the database permissions and stuff, but I am getting this error.. I am not sure why the user name is displayed as 'null' ???? An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll Additional information: Server was unable to process request. --> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. You're accesing a SQL Server on a remote machine, and you configured the connection to use Integrated Security. In that case, you'll be connecting with the user your ASP.NET application runs under, which by default is a local machine account. Hence, it won't have network credentials to login to SQL Server.Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'
I am using the AJAX Toolkit AutoCompleteExtender and it works great on my Dev machine but posted live I get the following error:  'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' - Line 11 is the culprit apparently.1 Line 9: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ 2 Line 10: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ 3 Line 11: <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _ 4 Line 12: Public Class SearchSuggest 5 Line 13: Inherits System.Web.Se...

Services don't start automatically ("Database cannot be started -- I/O error" or "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory")
My situation is: ..server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 ..database server : Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.2.4372. Windows starts automatically 32 services ASA, one database in each service If I start each service in manual everything is ok. When I restart the server, four service (always four!!!) don't start correctly with two kind of error: "Database cannot be started -- I/O error" "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory" The services that don't start are not the same. I tried many times and everytime the problem is on...

Windows Service Application says 'Starting' when running
Hi, I have a service that has been programmed within Delphi 5. It compiles fine and runs in application mode fine, however when it is installed as a service and I choose to start the service it times out after a while and says it cant start. However in the services list it shows that it is 'Starting' and the service is actually runnng successfully (I know this as it logs processes to a text file). Is there something I am doing wrong. Maybe I need to notify that the service has started successfully somehow in code? Thanks Alex Al Vas wrote: > Hi, > > I have...

BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.
Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.Source Error: Line 16: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ Line 17: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ Line 18: <ScriptService()> _ Line 19: Public Class Cli...

Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'
  Server Error in '/Bradford' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'Source Error:[No relevant source lines]Source File: vbc : Command line    Line: 0 Show Detailed Compiler Output:c:\windows\system32\inetsrv> "C:\WI...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

My first Web Service ... the error: 'Rowsitems' is not a member of 'System.Data.DataTable'.
I'm writing my first web service to pull data from my sql database to use with the Ajax Toolbox AutoCompleter, but I'm getting this errorBC30456: 'Rowsitems' is not a member of 'System.Data.DataTable'.Here's my code:  Does anything jump out as wrong?  I've bolded the line that debugger has the error on... Imports SystemImports System.ConfigurationImports System.DataImports System.Data.SqlClientImports System.WebImports System.CollectionsImports System.Web.ServicesImports System.Web.Services.ProtocolsImports System.Web.Script.Services <Scri...

System.InvalidOperationException: The contract name '' could not be found in the list of contracts implemented by the service ''
I've created a svc wcf service and it all works fine.  I then created some a unit test proj and now i'm trying to test my service calls.  I found some helpful code that automates some of this.  However I keep receiving the following error:-  Failed DoSearch OTAUnitTests Class Initialization method UnitTests.ResourcingServiceTests.ClassInitialize threw exception. System.InvalidOperationException:  System.InvalidOperationException: The contract name 'IService1' could not be found in the list of contracts implemented by the service 'AirAvailRQ.Service1'..   Here's my interface  </P><FONT size=2></FONT><FONT size=2> <P>[</FONT><FONT color=#2b91af size=2><FONT color=#2b91af size=2>ServiceContract</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2>]</P> <P></FONT><FONT color=#0000ff size=2><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>public</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff size=2><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>interface</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2> </FONT><FONT color=#2b91af size=2><FONT color=#2b91af size=2>IService1</P></FONT></FONT><FONT size=2> <P>{</P>[</FONT><FONT color=#2b91af size=2><FONT color=#2b91af size=2>OperationContract</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2>]</FONT>...

Can't start SQL Server as a service using AT scheduling service
Here are the details of the server; COMPAQ Proliant 4500, Quad Pentium-100, 256MB RAM, 12GB drive space MS Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise with Service Pack 6 Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5 for Windows NT Here is what I have attempted so far; 1) starts using Sybase Central. 2) from the command line issued the net start command (i.e. net start "Sybase SQLServer _ data_5rd_nt") and this works. Also starts Sybase BCKServer this way as well. 3) created a batch file containing the net start command, executed from the command line, and this works as well. (Again, this works ...

''''''''''''''''''''

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

Datasnap Server XE2 as Service + Mobile Connectors = service don't start
Hi, I have a datasnap server xe2 running as service, no problems, but the client wanna access the data from his android phone. I start to build a test application with the mobile connectors. As VCL Forms I manage to connect and use reversestring and echostring, but when I rebuilt the application as a service I can't even start the service. Anyone??? Thanks.... > {quote:title=Jose Bernardo wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I have a datasnap server xe2 running as service, no problems, but the client wanna access the data from his android phone. > > I start to bu...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services
I recently got a new PC. I installed VS 2008 SP1 on it and copied my folder that had my website on it. Now when I try to run it, I get: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services This has been working on my old PC.ThanksI love computers because: MY WISH IS THEIR COMMAND :)<Website><Gadget>  BTW, I get this erro in my web services where I have:Imports System.WebImports System.Web.ServicesImports System.Web.Services.ProtocolsImports System.Data' To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line.<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _<WebService(Namespace:="http://tempuri.org/")> _<WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _<Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _Public Class GetSubject_WS  ThanksI love computers because: MY WISH IS THEIR COMMAND :)<Website><Gadget> This can happen when you have both the 1.0 and 3.5 assembly referenced in the web.config, or have both of them referenced in your project.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services less… complex  This is EXACTLY what was happening. Thx.ThanksI love computers because: MY WISH IS THEIR COMMAND :)<Website><Gadget>...

start vncserver service when system starts...
dear, in centos / fedora, I can config to start a permanent vnc session by setting the /etc/sysconfig/vncserver file when the system starts. Is there any similar configuration in opensuse which give me a permanent session? thx a lot. -- lau0001 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ There should be in yast, IIRC, "remote access" which, when enabled, will enable the default(s) vnc servers from /etc/xinted/vnc.conf or something simmilar. From that vnc conf file you can enable / disable / tweak the vnc server services, e.g. ...

Need desperate help with returning array from Web Service C#
Hi There,I have been trying to use a webservice to return results of a SQL call as an array. Whatever I do I cannot succeed, the most I can do is return a string.Please, you'd make my day, I have wasted hours and searched a million of pages.This one came very close to the same thing I am doing, but his solution does not seem to work for me. http://forums.asp.net/t/743487.aspxBelow is the Code: <%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="SQLService" %> using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Diagnos...

'''''

NSS test suite failure for tstclnt due to 'httpserv' and 'selfserv' failure.
I ran the NSS test suite which failed for tstclnt due to 'httpserv' and 'selfserv' failure. The test suite was run on a NSS stack built for 64 bit. Commands used export USE_64=1 #as my system was 64 bit export HOST=localhost4 DOMSUF=localdomain4 #as mystem is IPV4 configured cd nss-3.16/nss/tests #tests is the test suite folder of NSS ../all.sh #script to run all the test suite Actual results: I am attaching the relevant summary here for detailed view kindly see the attached file of log. -------------------------------------------------------------...

Craig's Tip #77 (3.8 Site-Site VPN slave server that won't start VPN services)
I have a couple of questions: Does this problem happen in IKE mode, Legacy mode, or both ? If there's a replica of root on another server on the slave's segment, I assume this is enough of a 'fix' to allow the services to start properly? Thanks Adrian James Quote: "Update: Aug 24, 2004: I am hearing that there is a design bug with BorderManager 3.8 Site-to-Site VPN that requires the slave server to contact a replica of the Root partition in order to launch. This means (for now) that you need to put a replica of Root on the VPN slave server. This makes se...

Can't delete projects from Visual Studio .Net IDE 'Start Page'
Please ignore this post. Since posting it I found the solution but I'm not able to delete this post. nikita ...

'System.String' to 'System.Guid'
 Hi Guys, I have this working with a hyperlink field in a gridview.   <asp:HyperLinkField DataNavigateUrlFields="UserID" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="userprofiles.aspx?UserID={0}" DataTextField="UserName" HeaderText="User Name" Text="User Name" >  I just want to same thing in a datagrid but I get this error:  <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLinkToUserProfile" runat="server" NavigateUrl="userprofiles.aspx?UserID={0}"><%# Eval("UserName")%></asp:HyperLink> Cannot convert value of parameter 'UserID' from 'System.String' to 'System.Guid'Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot convert value of parameter 'UserID' from 'System.String' to 'System.Guid'  Does anyone know how to fix this? many thankspolynaux  How about this? <asp:hyperlink id="HyperLinkToUserProfile" runat="server" navigateurl='<%# Eval("UserID", "userprofiles.aspx?UserID={0}") %>' text='<%# Eval("UserName") %>' />Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET  Many thanks ecbr...

'Home'page language change to 'Start'page
Name: Ashley Stevenson Email: firefox_at_mrashley.com Product: Firefox Summary: 'Home'page language change to 'Start'page Comments: Let's change the term 'homepage' to 'startpage' in firefox. Startpage has a more concise and accurate meaning. As a technical support worker, I have spoken to many people who have inferred that homepage somehow relates to his or her ISP. If this is changed he or she becomes worried that the billing method may be changed as well. From the view of a more experienced user (who remembers very early versions o...

Gallery sub-project 'Getting Started' or 'Instructions'?
Am I missing something pretty obvious here?  I'd like to take a look on instructions on how to get the Gallery up and running, adding pics, etc.  I downloaded it but the documentation didn't have anything like that in there.  Am I missing something?  Are there instructions out there that I'm missing or anything?  Is there a Getting Started guide for the Gallery sub-project.  It looks great!  I'd just like to be able to use it. Thanks, CMLChad Michael Lawson Not saying everything is properly explained but the help labels should be more than adequate to g...

Web resources about - Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure - asp.net.ssrs