can I get the number of table rows outside a table?

 Hi all,

in my report I have a table based on a dataset. the table has a filter so it displays less records than the total number of records from the dataset.

Depending on the number of rows I want to display different textboxes below the table. In the visible-attribute of the text box I would like to use something like that:

=iff( <number of rows in the table> <= 5, true, false).

Thank you for any help in advance.

Dieter

0
hdw

I think you should go with GridView instead of your Table.

you can get the number of Rows from the Dataset

DS.Tables(0).rows.count

Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.

Regards
Mitesh Darji
http://www.indianic.com
http://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com
0
Mitesh_Darji
10/6/2008 12:55:05 PM

 Sorry, but my questions refers to a report in report services, there is no grid view here.

thank you anyway for your reply.

regards

dieter

0
hdw

From your description, it seems that you want to display the textboxes according to the row numbers of the current table, right?

If so, you may refer to the count function in report service, and you can use that function to return a count of non-null values specified by the expression, evaluated in the context of the given scope.

For more information, see:

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

ADO.net problem: i can not view image data for the rest of my table rows except the image for the first row but i can read all the other non image fields for all rows.
Hi i have a table with the following fields imgid............int imgdata........image imgtitle.........varchar(max) imgType........varchar(max) imgLength.....bigint incident_id.....int i have no problem with uploading the image but viewing the uploaded image(s) in a gridview has caused me great pain. The probelm is i have two pages. page1 grabs the image to display and page2 has a gridview that displays the grabed image. I wanted to have an sql statement like SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE incident_id=someValue. IF i have 5 records in this table and i view page2 ...

Is having a trigger that inserts a row in Table 'A', when a row in same table is inserted by ADo.Net code?
I want to insert a row for a Global user  in Table 'A' whenever ADO.Net code inserts a Local user row into same table. I recommended using a trigger to implement this functionality, but the DBA was against it, saying that stored proecedures should be used, since triggers are unreliable and slow down the system by placing unecessary locks on the table. Is this true OR the DBA is saying something wrong? My thinking is that Microsoft will never include triggers if they are unreliable and the DBA is just wanting to offload the extra DBA task of triggers to the programmer so that a s...

The row number and offset of each row in the page should have a matching entry in row number table
Is the proper correction for the following to recreate the table BCPout/IN or table to table insert, or just drop and recreate the index? Row number is 0. Is there a way to correct just the data page? Table Corrupt: The row number and offset of each row in the page should have a matching entry in row number table; check this page (page#=772121 row#=0 offset in row number table=0) Table Corrupt: The row number and offset of each row in the page should have a matching entry in row number table; check this page (page#=772121 row#=0 offset in row number table=0) Table Corrupt: The row...

Update row in Table A from row in Table B
Hello, I have 2 tables.... table A and table B. Ok, In a stored procedure, I pass in an int value @ID I want to get the row from Table B WHERE ID =@ID....and then UPDATE the Row in Table A that has the same ID...with the values from table B. Table A ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 a a Table B ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 b b I would like to update A.Col1 with B.Col1 and A.Col2 with B.Col2 Can someone help me out with this syntax? Thanks a lot. update tableA ...

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

How can I query a table to get the result in a table-like format ?
Dear all, I have a table something like this: emp_id, hire_date (yyyy/mm/dd), salary_band, profit_centre,..... I need obtain the following info out of this table: counts of employees by month for each salary band, ie a cross-table like this: Jan Feb Mar..... Total Year Salary band 1 Salary band 2 ..... Total Is it possible to get this type of info with one query ? Shall I write one query where band is parameter, and execute it for each month ? (I tried a "group by datepart(month)" but did not get the expected count). What is t...

Get a Table's Row Count from system tables
Anyone knows how to get a Table's Row Count from system tables? Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" select count(*) from sysobjects sysobjects is a system table name. Replace this with the system table name which you want to get the row count.Kusal WijewanthaSenior Software Developer SSW Australiawww.ssw.com.au...

Update a rows in one table for each row in other table
Hello all, i am a newbie in SQL and i want to ask for your help in order to do the following update statement. I have a table tblUsers which holds all the users, one of the fields in their GroupId. In the UserGroup table i have a field "UsersCount" and in that field i want to keep the number of the users in that group. Basically i want everytime i am saving a user to recalculate the users in all usergroups. I am trying to have something like:SELECT User_GroupId, count(User_GroupId) as UsersCount FROM tblUsersWHERE DeletedFlag = 0 GROUP BY User_GroupId and then:"FOR EACH" User_GroupIdUPDAT...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

how can i get to rows five to ten in my table?
I need to pull out rows five to ten with my sqlDataSource. is this possible?  If you are using SQL Server (Express) 2005, you can use the Row_Number functionRegards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site How do i use this. is it easy? CAN I WRITE sql DIRECT TO THE SQLDATASOURCE? Here is a sample: <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" Runat="server" SelectCommand="SELECT ProductID, ProductName, CategoryID FROM (SELECT ProductID, ProductName, CategoryID, ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY [ProductID] ASC) as rowNum FROM Products) t WHERE rowNum>4 and RowNum<=10&...

What is the easiest way to get the number of rows in a table?
With classic asp I would do something like this: set conn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection") conn.open "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;DATA SOURCE=sqlservername;UID=username;PWD=password;DATABASE=databasename "set rs = conn.execute("select count(*) from myTable")response.write rs(0)How can I do this with asp.net in the fewest number of lines?   use SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar to get single row and column. Here is an example http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlcommand.executescalar.aspxFarooq Kaiser, MCTS, MCPPlease Mark As ...

accidentally deleted a table in my local SQL Server how can I get back the table
Hi, I accidentally deleted a table in my local server. How can I get back the table? I did not do it as a transaction! Thanks in Advance You need to restore back from your backup if available. There may be third party softwares that allow you to do such operations ... HTH, Vinod Kumar MCSE, DBA, MCAD, MCSD http://www.extremeexperts.com...

Desperate Dynamic Table/Rows Question. Can't Reset the Table
I'm very confused at this point.  I have a SqlDataReader (webdata) which is getting its values just fine the first time when the page is initially created and a postback is sent.  Everything works like a charm until I click submit again (the form stays above the table so someone can run another report time and time again).  I then start getting errors in my calculation/formatting code saying that the "Input String was not in a correct format".  My only guess is that something is happening with the SqlDataReader or the dynamically created table and it is not clearing the...

Web resources about - can I get the number of table rows outside a table? - asp.net.ssrs

Ted Cruz attacks Donald Trump's 'New York values,' Trump responds with 9/11
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — Ted Cruz redoubled his attack that Donald Trump's "New York values" put him out of line with the GOP base — and Donald ...

Indonesia says attack underlines emergence of Islamic State threat
By Randy Fabi and Fergus Jensen JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia must strengthen its defenses against Islamic State and work with neighboring countries ...

Powerball Winner Hoax: Viral Story Claims California Nurse Won Jackpot After Her Boss Bought $18,000 ...
The Powerball winner was revealed as a 62-year-old mother of seven kids, a hard-working nurse who was the beneficiary of a generous boss. But ...

U.S. to invest billions in self-driving cars
Self-driving cars got a financial shot in the arm from the federal government Thursday, but a new report shows the autonomous vehicles have safety ...

Apple iOS 9.3 Update For iPhone And iPad Gets Excellent Reviews From Users
Apple’s iOS 9.3 operating system is a beta release and Apple suggests that only developers download the update. However, many people other than ...

Caitlyn Jenner Reacts to Ricky Gervais' Golden Globes Joke
Caitlyn Jenner smiles while on stage promoting the second season of her show I Am Cait during the 2016 Winter TCA Tour on Thursday (January 14) ...

You can now make Skype voice and video calls from Slack
For all of its productivity superpowers, one feature Slack's communication platform lacks is voice and video calling features. Now Microsoft ...

Black Sabbath to release new songs with final tour
Heavy metal pioneers Black Sabbath are ready for "the end," but the band still has some new material. Black Sabbath announced Thursday that it ...

You can forget about streaming US Netflix content abroad
The streaming service's catalog of TV shows and movies varies widely from country to country, but you're just going to have to deal with it. ...

Foursquare's new CEO to shift company focus beyond consumers
Foursquare gambled big two years ago when it split its app in two. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked out so well. Despite reinstating universal ...