Has anyone had any experience with any reporting tools other than Reporting services and Crystal reports? If so, is there one that you would strongly recommend? Or, are these two the top choice on the market for report generation from .NET?

I have heard some moaning and groaning about reporting services. Specifically in regards to the amount of time needed to design a report. Crystal reports seems kind of difficult to me, as I don't have any training with it. Basically I am looking for a reporting tool that is easy to use, and can be used from .NET.

0
brgdotnet

Any Report Tool other than Crystal Reports?
Hi there! Does anyone know a free Tool for Reporting Data with equal functions to Crystal Reports? Crystal Reports just run on Webservers for a very expensive licence! So I can't use them :(! Thank you very much for any quick help! Best regards CLaude Hi ChillaHH We have recently decided on using Active Reports, instead of Crystal Reports; for two main reasons. One is that we dont want to have our users view a report by having to save it to disk, view it...and then delete it from the disk afterwards. Secondly, there are licencing implications for the users. You can d...

Crystal reports to Reporting Services
Crystal reports to Reporting Services Is there any way I can convert Crystal reports to Reporting Services instead of creating reports again in Reporting Services?   HI,  JIM.H. You can check out this great article. Hope it helps Converting Crystal to Reporting Services http://blogs.msdn.com/gsnowman/archive/2005/10/12/480305.aspx If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information. I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my p...

Reporting services, Crystal reports ?
Hi, I'm very new in using VS.  How can I export report ?  I find it has Report, Crystal Reports controls in Toolboxs.  If it's possible, please explain the procedures as detail as possible. Thanks a lot ! stephen     I reference some online tutorial about how to use Crystal Report in VS 2005.  Follow the instruction up to connect database using "OLD DB SQL Server" and logon the server.  It prompted me Server name, User ID, Password and Database.  I typed "localhost" for Server name (suggested by tutorial).  Does User ID ...

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

sql reporting services crystal reports
My computer has vs 2008 wish to use sql 2005 standard vista I wish to use sql reporting services , crystal reports, web services, ecommerce, wcf, soa, enterprise development in net, etc What is the best web hosts? I contacted orcsweb, discount asp.net. I wish to use a shared host.....What are my options.... enterprise development for commercial development maybe sharepoint Can I configure sql standard on my computer? I do not wish to use default settings what is the best way to do this?               Hello, Maybe i...

crystal reports or sql reporting services?
Hi, Need to make a decision about which of these to go for. I'm looking to develop a web-based reporting solution which replaces a networked Access Database which displays stacked bar charts and line graphs and tabulated data. All the data will be coming from SQL Server 2000 databases on our intranet. I've got 2 yrs asp.net and sql server but no experience in either CR or SQL RS. Has anyone got experience in both of these technologies to help me out with the best way forward. All responses appreciated. Cheers. Both will do pretty much the same thing--get ...

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode
Hi  I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service proje...

scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports
Dear all, I have 40+ reports in reporting services. Is there any scripts to convert these reports with passing parameters to pdf and save in the folder scheduledly? As user will be very uneasy to go to the web site and click for each report everytime in reporting service site. Thanks you for your help!!! Hi, From your description, you are wondering how to export the report to the pdf without viewing the report in browser. If so, we could achieve it via the following code.        Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer rview = new Microsoft.Reporti...

Crystal Report vs Mssql Service Reporting
 Please provide me some information about this two reporting tools because i am going to develop reports? Which is the best choice? Friend, its purely a subjective matter and both of the camps support their own camp. Anyways you can compare yourself both of them in the following article http://www.baadd.org/uploads/SQL%20Reporting%20Services%20vs%20Crystal%20Reports%20comparative%20analysis.pdf Hope it helped you. Good luck!  Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thr...

Web resources about - Are there other reporting tools other than reporting services and crystal reports - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why reporting season could be bad for blue chips
February's reporting season is set to disappoint those who love blue chips.

Why reporting season is all about growth for Platypus
Growth is a concern for investors as companies report, and the global economy is part of the problem.

Why reporting season is all about growth for Platypus
Growth is a concern for investors as companies report, and the global economy is part of the problem.

Why reporting season is all about growth for Platypus
Growth is a concern for investors as companies report, and the global economy is part of the problem.

ABC acknowledges error in reporting of Nauru child sexual assault story, paediatrician says she provided ...
The ABC issues a correction over claims an asylum seeker child was sexually assaulted.

'Strictest' asset reporting system still leaves out too much: experts
'Strictest' asset reporting system still leaves out too much: experts

Multimedia Project Extols the AIDS Reporting of Jeffrey Schmalz
... by Rachel Maddow and Brooke Gladstone , the AIDS diagnosis of New York Times reporter Jeffrey Schmalz and final years of related reporting are ...

Dividends in focus as miners set to weigh on reporting season
Resources companies are set remain a huge drag on earnings-per-share growth this coming reporting season, but growth outside steady, Citi says. ...

Alphabet Q4 On Tap: All Eyes on New Segment Reporting
... ( GOOGL ) are up $6.57, or 0.9%, at $767.92, in advance of this afternoon’s Q4 report from the company, with the focus on new segment reporting ...